CWU @ CU

WWU @ UAA

MSUB @ SMU

2. Default Re: GNAC week of 1/15/18:

Quote Originally Posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Tuesday:

SMU beats SPU @ SPU

Thursday:'

CWU 70 @ WOU 89 - This is getting a little boring. Omlid slacked off with only 21 pts, 6 rbs, 5, assists, 6 steals and 2 blocks. I wonder if it's boring for them too?

MSUB 87 @ SPU 98 - SPU shot it well, rebounded well and passed it as well. They've been without Miller for a while now and seem to be doing a-okay at this point.

NNU 69 @ CU 64

SFU 46 @ UAA 53 - UAA keeps it a low scoring affair, and giving that shooting percentage from three, that's their ticket right now.

WWU 86 @ UAF 74 - So the curse in Fairbanks is over for the Vikings, but that doesn't mean it wasn't interesting. For much of this game, it looked like the curse was still on. Fairbanks out-hustled them and had several leads, but much the same as their finishes last week at NNU & CWU, they lost their intensity in the last three minutes and started making bad decisions all the way around. I like how they are playing, but they've got to learn how to keep the pedal down till the finish line. Interesting watching Drechsel at point. He was super hot in the 1st half, hitting 5/6 from three, but the Nooks put a deadly hedge/trap on him on the high ball screens in the second and he coughed it up a ton. Not sure what to think of the Vikings, other than they are still doing less with more. They are good, but I'm a little surprised they haven't been beaten in league play yet-it's totally possible to get them. WOU has so much more depth than they do. Credit to them though, that they did not play down to the Nooks in closing.

Saturday:

NNU @ WOU

SFU @ UAF

CWU @ CU

WWU @ UAA

MSUB @ SMU
    Man... I was sorta feeling like some upsets might be cooking up tonight (not just in Fairbanks), but apparently I was wrong.

Default Re: GNAC week of 1/15/18:

Where's Miller and Simpson for SPU? It would be nice to know. Jones is back for NNU.

4. Default Re: GNAC week of 1/15/18:

Man WOU has so many weapons and depth on the bench. They are stacked this year. And Boumann was a big pick up for them to give them an inside presence.

5. Default Re: GNAC week of 1/15/18:

Saturday scores:

SMU 75 over MSUB 69 in Lacey - MSUB was hot in the first half, but the Saints made up the difference and some in the second in front of 1000+ in the Pavillion...

WWU 70 over UAA 61 in Anchorage - I watched most of the first half and was very impressed with UAA. Most teams start the game against WWU looking timid offensively, trying to figure out how to score against them because they are just ridiculously tall at every position, but UAA made WWU look like they weren't really sure how to score. It looks like UAA played them even tighter in the 2nd half.

WOU 82 over NNU 64 in Monmouth - Similar story as always with the Wolves playing 13 guys, clanking it from 3 (that's not always the case, but it doesn't seem to slow them down) and just a plethora of ways to score and beat you ...

CWU 111 over CU 100 in 2OT in Portland - Heartbreaker for the Cavs, but it looks like Stepney dropped 45 for the Wildcats. Hey, where is Shebazz (sp?)? Ladd is, I assume is injured again. Gotta be frustrating for them... Every time he gets back in a game, then he's gone again.

UAF 74 over SFU 57 in Fairbanks - The Nooks had their way, but I continue to be impressed with the improvement of SFU a little every year. They were swinging that ball, crisp, good passes most of the game and played intense defense. I think their coach is doing good things. They don't seem to have much depth for their starting big guys, but they don't play atrocious ball anymore.

Anyone want to put up a "middle of the conference season analysis"? How many losses is WWU gonna take in the league this year? WOU? Will CU get a win? Who's improving and gonna slay some sleeping teams?