Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: WT New Stadium

Contribute to D2

Default Re: WT New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ras619 View Post
    A few new Buffalo Stadium photos as of 5pm 7/8/19

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart...0713001635162?
    It's looking good, thanks for the pics

It has been a good day to check in on the live camera. About 8:30a this morning there were 11 motorized vehicles of one sort or another all in action on the field area - this included 4 large semi loads of rock. More rock arriving as I am typing. Both goal posts have been installed and are levelled. The upper deck on the west side has two sections that now have the seat brackets (they are maroon so easy to spot the progress). More tarp has been stretched moving westward and the rock continues to be levelled. Work is going on atop the scoreboard which I suspect (hard to see that far) is the installation of the speakers (think Hunter mentioned that yesterday). Appears to be about 4 guys working on the west catwalk area. The contractor is also bringing in dirt to level off the south end of the area just outside the field. While we were there yesterday they were putting the pre-assembled rebar for the concrete areas in place behind the locker rooms (bus parking), and to the west of the stadium ramp to the field. That was a very huge stack of rebar units, appox. 20' x 20' each - so work was going on elsewhere & great idea to bring it in that way. We also were able to view the suite area, club area & media area - all still have a lot to do, but it really looked just same as building a home - the finish out is tedious & always at the end. 60 days . . .

It has been a good day to check in on the live camera. About 8:30a this morning there were 11 motorized vehicles of one sort or another all in action on the field area - this included 4 large semi loads of rock. More rock arriving as I am typing. Both goal posts have been installed and are levelled. The upper deck on the west side has two sections that now have the seat brackets (they are maroon so easy to spot the progress). More tarp has been stretched moving westward and the rock continues to be levelled. Work is going on atop the scoreboard which I suspect (hard to see that far) is the installation of the speakers (think Hunter mentioned that yesterday). Appears to be about 4 guys working on the west catwalk area. The contractor is also bringing in dirt to level off the south end of the area just outside the field. While we were there yesterday they were putting the pre-assembled rebar for the concrete areas in place behind the locker rooms (bus parking), and to the west of the stadium ramp to the field. That was a very huge stack of rebar units, appox. 20' x 20' each - so work was going on elsewhere & great idea to bring it in that way. We also were able to view the suite area, club area & media area - all still have a lot to do, but it really looked just same as building a home - the finish out is tedious & always at the end. 60 days . . .
    Activity has picked back up for sure. It was silent out there the 4th through the weekend. How often do they provide those tours you were on yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Activity has picked back up for sure. It was silent out there the 4th through the weekend. How often do they provide those tours you were on yesterday?
    I was going about once a month earlier this year, but since getting back from a road trip 1st week of June I have tried to schedule one every 2 weeks. There were 8 of us yesterday so a little slower, but 5 of them had not been there before. As best I know they are staying pretty busy with tours for BC members - there are plans for several events for BC members & also the general public throughout August.

I hope we make it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I hope we make it.
    Well, we have one major aspect going in our favor & that is the separation of activity for what is left. Example: (a) work on the field was delayed one/two day(s) for the 2" rain, but it is not waiting on anything else in order to complete, (b) the locker room work progresses & is not impacted by the playing field or anything else, (c) the west stands are now in progress with brackets & seats on location, (d) the suites, club & media area is not dependent upon the field, locker room, stands, etc. (e) the scoreboard is handled by outside firm & they work late. The only aspects that are waiting will be the technology group & the food/service areas. I know that WT personnel have already been training on the technology aspect. I fully expect to be playing on Sept 7, but we have to understand that there will be a few snafus 1st time with this much coming together, but they have 3 full weeks to work on that before game 2.

Well, we have one major aspect going in our favor & that is the separation of activity for what is left. Example: (a) work on the field was delayed one/two day(s) for the 2" rain, but it is not waiting on anything else in order to complete, (b) the locker room work progresses & is not impacted by the playing field or anything else, (c) the west stands are now in progress with brackets & seats on location, (d) the suites, club & media area is not dependent upon the field, locker room, stands, etc. (e) the scoreboard is handled by outside firm & they work late. The only aspects that are waiting will be the technology group & the food/service areas. I know that WT personnel have already been training on the technology aspect. I fully expect to be playing on Sept 7, but we have to understand that there will be a few snafus 1st time with this much coming together, but they have 3 full weeks to work on that before game 2.
    If the field is ready, the seats are anchored, and the scoreboard works, we can have a game. The final buildout for the Buff Club or suites and even some of the advanced bells and whistles should not stop a game if all else s ready. Even though it looks daunting right now, I bet it all comes together in time. I sure hope so!

I was going about once a month earlier this year, but since getting back from a road trip 1st week of June I have tried to schedule one every 2 weeks. There were 8 of us yesterday so a little slower, but 5 of them had not been there before. As best I know they are staying pretty busy with tours for BC members - there are plans for several events for BC members & also the general public throughout August.
    Awesome, I'll look forward to future pictures if you have some. I'm anxiously waiting until they allow the general public to take a tour

So I keep looking at the scoreboard trying to figure out what will be going on the left and right sides of the screen. At first I thought the screen would extend to the end of the frame on both sides. Since the screen hasn't changed in a couple weeks I assume that's not the case. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    So I keep looking at the scoreboard trying to figure out what will be going on the left and right sides of the screen. At first I thought the screen would extend to the end of the frame on both sides. Since the screen hasn't changed in a couple weeks I assume that's not the case. Anyone know?
    Advertising space?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Advertising space?
    This 2nd down brought to you by....

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    This 2nd down brought to you by....
    Not many better places to advertise than on the scoreboard. Constant eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Advertising space?
    That's how the one at Kimbrough was so probably so. There is a section below the screen that looks like space for ads for sure

Does it chap any of you WT folks that as soon as WT moves out of Kimbrough that CISD finally starts doing some repairs? Looks like there are going to be new lights and a new scoreboard. Also, I believe new turf as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Does it chap any of you WT folks that as soon as WT moves out of Kimbrough that CISD finally starts doing some repairs? Looks like there are going to be new lights and a new scoreboard. Also, I believe new turf as well.
    Right after they bought it, they passed a bond issue. Not sure how much is being spent on the stadium but was told that it is substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    The relationship between CISD, WT, and the town of canyon has always been an oddity. Canyon tolerates WT at best, and at worst it is even adversarial against WT.

Look for a gradual shift toward Amarillo by WT in the coming years. Amarillo appears to be rolling out the carpet rather than the pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Right after they bought it, they passed a bond issue. Not sure how much is being spent on the stadium but was told that it is substantial.
    it is a easier to invest money in something you own than something you are leasing. And is easier to explain to voters.

https://twitter.com/canyonathdept/status/1149082774734868484?s=21

https://twitter.com/canyonathdept/status/1148625803003011077?s=21

https://twitter.com/canyonathdept/status/1141896635489882112?s=21
    Last edited by chivas_gold; 07-15-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    I believe $8M was in the bond issue for stadium repairs. I heard about $10M total has been budgeted.

Current status...as of 6:30 am this morning.
    Last edited by house_divided; 07-17-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by house_divided View Post

Current status...as of 6:30 am this morning.
    Thank you, for sharing. I wonder how much longer, to see some of the green stuff on the field. I am guessing they should be able to finished installing all of the seats by Friday.