Contribute to D2

Default Re: WT New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ras619 View Post
    https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2018/6/...um.aspx?id=271

Then click on View a Live Video Cam
    Thank you Sir.

Wow! Stadium is coming along nicely.

Going to be more intimate than I expected. Kind of like watching a play in an intimate theatre or watching arena football. Right on top of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Wow! Stadium is coming along nicely.

Going to be more intimate than I expected. Kind of like watching a play in an intimate theatre or watching arena football. Right on top of the action.
    Yep! My seats are on top row under press box/Buffalo Club, 45 yard line. You're still invited. I have 4 seats for my wife, son, and me, so we always have 1 extra. Watching a game should be an exciting event, almost like being on the field.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-20-2019 at 02:28 PM.

I have posted 42 new photos of the Buffalo Stadium on Facebook taken this morning. A lot is happening. Here is a link, but if it doesn't work try searching by name.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart...7944881578641?
    Last edited by ras619; 06-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.

I have posted 42 new photos of the Buffalo Stadium on Facebook taken this morning. A lot is happening. Here is a link, but if it doesn't work try searching by name.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart.942
    Great pics. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Great pics. Thanks.
    +1

My wife drove by stadium today, she let know she saw a couple cranes on site, I am assuming they installing the scoreboard.

PS after watching the live cam, it seems to be the crane was there to install the the padding for the turf.
    Last edited by chivas_gold; 06-25-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chivas_gold View Post
    My wife drove by stadium today, she let know she saw a couple cranes on site, I am assuming they installing the scoreboard.

PS after watching the live cam, it seems to be the crane was there to install the the padding for the turf.
    They should be installing the scoreboard supports, mounts & related. Scoreboard should be very soon. They are working on installing the drainage tie-ins to the main system on north end. (Forgot - there is to be 120 truck loads of rock put down before the pad - don't know if all of rock already there is part of that or not).Then the company handling the field will get after the pad (after soccer?), but as I understand it the pad is not a multi piece unit with seams. It is supposedly to be poured as one overall system without seams so that the pad should last 30 years and the turf life is also extended (but not for 30 years). I am hoping to be able to see that pad install in person :-)
    Last edited by ras619; 06-25-2019 at 01:32 PM.

They should be installing the scoreboard supports, mounts & related. Scoreboard should be very soon. They are working on installing the drainage tie-ins to the main system on north end. Then the company handling the field will get after the pad (after soccer?), but as I understand it the pad is not a multi piece unit with seams. It is supposedly to be poured as one overall system without seams so that the pad should last 30 years and the turf life is also extended (but not for 30 years). I am hoping to be able to see that pad install in person :-)
    I just drove by. The big crane is working on the scoreboard supports and catwalk.

That looks really nice, we should get a home and home with GVSU again so we can compare digs! Best of luck in the new home.

I always thought it was a pelican that did construction on the Flintstones. Good to hear Texas has included cranes.

A WT official emailed me a couple days ago with an update on the stadium I don't think he'd mind me sharing this with everyone.

"Field laying has been going on for a while....there are many layers to it. Putting in sleeves for nets yesterday and today. The next layer to the field will be drainage pipes and then 120 truckloads of rock. Then roll and graded again, and them shockpad and turf. The actual green stuff won't start to go down till mid-July. It will take a couple weeks to get the green stuff all in. Chair seats will start being installed as soon as the brackets arrive...any day now. Scoreboard catwalks, etc. start Monday."

The masons are building the ticket booths and more fence work is in progress.
    Are they still waiting on the chair brackets? I assume since there hasn't been any activity on the home upper level since your message. I'm still not convinced this thing is ready

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Are they still waiting on the chair brackets? I assume since there hasn't been any activity on the home upper level since your message. I'm still not convinced this thing is ready
    It's going to be interesting to see that cats walking those cat walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    I always thought it was a pelican that did construction on the Flintstones. Good to hear Texas has included cranes.
    HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I am thinking the chairs can be installed in a few days, I am assuming most of the men powers is being use on “press box” and turf installation. This is just an assumption, i have no idea or inside info on the construction project. Also would like to know if chip got any new emails ?

I am thinking the chairs can be installed in a few days, I am assuming most of the men powers is being use on “press box” and turf installation. This is just an assumption, i have no idea or inside info on the construction project. Also would like to know if chip got any new emails ?
    I have no new info.

I have no new info.
    Thank you, for the update.

Thank you, for the update.
    My pleasure.

Work on the scoreboard assembly continued all day yesterday (Saturday) and has continued again this afternoon.

Work on the scoreboard assembly continued all day yesterday (Saturday) and has continued again this afternoon.
    Nice, I may have to drive by today. Have you heard any updates on the progress? I've heard a couple of rumors through employees of WT that McBroom has said it won't be ready now. I didn't know whether to put any stock in it or not