Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: WT New Stadium

Contribute to D2

Default Re: WT New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    I tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Matrix Turf & CushDrain is absolutely the BEST there is.

I mean to h3ll with how the stadium looks. Who cares... .because you will have the best field there is.
    I know nothing about field turf so I wondered if there was a little smoke blowing going on. You know how it is, any time a school gets something new it's the "best in the business"
    I'm glad to hear it will be a quality product. I was out last night and walked around the stadium perimeter. I'd prefer to have the concrete upper deck on both sides, but I get the cost. The upper level definitely feels very close to the field and should create a good environment if the team is good and the fans are into it

I tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Matrix Turf & CushDrain is absolutely the BEST there is.

I mean to h3ll with how the stadium looks. Who cares... .because you will have the best field there is.
    If you say it's the best, hope that's what FB is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Those are for the football field...looks like soccer is a little different

Take a look......

http://www.matrix-turf.com/

Looks like some stadium seating has been delivered. Sitting in boxes on the stands, which are finished. It looks like the seating will begin being installed next week. The scoreboard supports are being finished. Poles for fencing the south side of the stadium are installed. Had 3 concrete trucks hanging around yesterday afternoon (I don't know for what). Barring something catastrophic weatherwise, I'd bet we're going to make it on time.

When finished, the reditions will look lame compared to the real McCoy. If our football team can play as well as their digs will look, Buff FB will be top echelon.

If not, it'll be like the Clampetts living in a Beverly Hills mansion.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-15-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Looks like some stadium seating has been delivered. Sitting in boxes on the stands, which are finished. It looks like the seating will begin being installed next week. The scoreboard supports are being finished. Poles for fencing the south side of the stadium are installed. Had 3 concrete trucks hanging around yesterday afternoon (I don't know for what). Barring something catastrophic weatherwise, I'd bet we're going to make it on time.

When finished, the reditions will look lame compared to the real McCoy. If our football team can play as well as their digs will look, Buff FB will be top echelon.

If not, it'll be like the Clampetts living in a Beverly Hills mansion.
    Hahahaha.

Not sure your football program can live up to the awesomeness of the stadium, only a NC can bring that....so it may be closer to Uncle Jed in 2019. But there is HOPE in the FUTURE.

Hey.....the hype of the stadium and whatnot could provide a Cinderella season. I have seen that happen many times. Look for the Buffs to finish in the top 4.

After looking over the schedule, I think we will be doing very well to have less than 4 losses. I want Hughes to be successful, but he is running out of time.

If we have more than 4, maybe Jethro can take over as head coach. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't start Houghtaling. Plus you could have baked possum and moonshine in your fancy suites.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    After looking over the schedule, I think we will be doing very well to have less than 4 losses. I want Hughes to be successful, but he is running out of time.

If we have more than 4, maybe Jethro can take over as head coach. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't start Houghtaling. Plus you could have baked possum and moonshine in your fancy suites.
    Moonshine is good! Possum, not so much. Unless it's possum brisket.

Sergio Castillo has the first 6 points tonight for the BC Lions in the CFL. Blair Smith from ASU is still laying LB for Edmonton; I got to watch him on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by texcap View Post
    Sergio Castillo has the first 6 points tonight for the BC Lions in the CFL. Blair Smith from ASU is still laying LB for Edmonton; I got to watch him on Friday night.
    Sergio is a hellava kicker. I'll always remember the final play of the spring game going into his senior year. Into a 20/25 mph sw quartering wind he nailed a 60 yard field goal.

I asked a WT administrator about the progress on the stadium. This is what he emailed me:

"The stadium is progressing rapidy. We are on schedule and there are anywhere from 150-170 workers out there every day. I watched a crew of workers put the window frames in for the entire third floor in about 2 hours today. The suites are sheet-rocked and glassed in. Installation of the upper deck seating on the west side starts next week. Field prep for the drainage and turf started this week. Scoreboard piers should start next week.

By July 1, it should look like a football stadium with a field, seating, scoreboard, etc. We are scheduled to start moving furniture in mid-August and start testing the technology and cameras.

It is a tight schedule, but Western Builders has been terrific and right now we are confident we'll be able to run practices in there in August. It's a choreographed dance that is fun to watch, and it seems something significant is changing every day."

He went on to highly compliment the work ethic and quality of work being done by Western Builders as "superior."

So, I hope that belays concerns that the stadium won't be ready for Sep 7.
    I'd say they are a little behind the July 1st goal. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    To me, it looks like they are on schedule. I think they are fixing to add the pads for the field.

I think they are on schedule. I just dove by 30 minutes ago. Looks like chair backs are being installed. Field looks prepped for begin of turf install. Still lots to be done, but I bet it comes together pretty quick.

I hope y'all are right. I have seen the soccer field project is moving along nicely so maybe the turf won't take as long as I thought.

I hope y'all are right. I have seen the soccer field project is moving along nicely so maybe the turf won't take as long as I thought.
    With crews in place, I imagine the contractor will move from soccer right over to football. I bet we have a field in place by mid-July.

I play golf with one of Project Managers working on the football stadium. He told this project is on schedule. He is very confident this will be delivered on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    I play golf with one of Project Managers working on the football stadium. He told this project is on schedule. He is very confident this will be delivered on time.

I know somewhere amongst these 33 pages is a LIVE link to the construction site.....can someone repost it.

I know somewhere amongst these 33 pages is a LIVE link to the construction site.....can someone repost it.
    https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/2018/6/...um.aspx?id=271

Then click on View a Live Video Cam

A WT official emailed me a couple days ago with an update on the stadium I don't think he'd mind me sharing this with everyone.

"Field laying has been going on for a while....there are many layers to it. Putting in sleeves for nets yesterday and today. The next layer to the field will be drainage pipes and then 120 truckloads of rock. Then roll and graded again, and them shockpad and turf. The actual green stuff won't start to go down till mid-July. It will take a couple weeks to get the green stuff all in. Chair seats will start being installed as soon as the brackets arrive...any day now. Scoreboard catwalks, etc. start Monday."

The masons are building the ticket booths and more fence work is in progress.