Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 524

Thread: WT New Stadium

  1. #441
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,120
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    495203

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    He's old cranky and forgetful. Better off sending him a bottle of Metmucil than a private message.
    66 isn't THAT old.

  2. #442
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,120
    Rep Power
    495203

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by KC75Marine View Post
    Chip,

    Tried to send you message in response to your questions the other day, I think you have some messages built up that need to be deleted. Go Buffs!!
    I got it and replied. Thanks.

  3. #443
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wall, TX
    Posts
    9,915
    Rep Power
    14419

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    66 isn't THAT old.
    I( did that 5 years ago and it is old

  4. #444
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,120
    Rep Power
    495203

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I( did that 5 years ago and it is old
    I hope I'm around 5 years from now so I can say the same thing.

  5. #445
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    33806

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I hope I'm around 5 years from now so I can say the same thing.
    Unfortunately you never know. Especially once you pass 60.

  6. Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Coach Hughes will get it done. Look at the roster. We are extremely young. I expect 2019 will see the ship having been turned and some steam in the boilers. This year we will be be improved, but I'd be surprised if we won more than 5. We will not be blown out in late season games like last year. I think we'll be a pretty tough win this year. Team's will have to earn it.
    You were just about spot on with your prediction! The Buffs were also one play from knocking off Midwestern in OT in their last game as well. With a few breaks & no injuries, the Buffs could win 7-8 games this coming season.
    Last edited by Michael Whitfield; 02-11-2019 at 05:37 PM.

  7. #447
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    2999

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    You were just about spot on with your prediction! The Buffs were also one play from knocking off Midwestern in OT in their last game as well. With a few breaks & no injuries, the Buffs could win 7-8 games this coming season.
    I have noticed that WT is being built just like CSUP was built. Strong defense first. Then the running game with a little bit of passing. Hughes helped build CSUP into a national power. He is doing the same at WT. I see a share of the LSC title coming soon if not an out right title. Probably next year. It's been fun watching him build this team. He is getting the assistant coaches and players he needs to make this happen. The new stadium is a plus in his and the teams favor.

  8. #448
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,120
    Rep Power
    495203

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Unfortunately you never know. Especially once you pass 60.
    Yeah. You never know. My best friend, 73, a devout Buff fan - we've traveled thousands of miles to watch WT - had back surgery 2 weeks ago. Now has lost feeling and strength in his legs, has pneumonia, urinary tract infection, hospitalized yesterday. Prognosis not good. About to go see him.

  9. #449
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    33806

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Yeah. You never know. My best friend, 73, a devout Buff fan - we've traveled thousands of miles to watch WT - had back surgery 2 weeks ago. Now has lost feeling and strength in his legs, has pneumonia, urinary tract infection, hospitalized yesterday. Prognosis not good. About to go see him.
    Sorry to hear that.

  10. #450
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    33806

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    I have noticed that WT is being built just like CSUP was built. Strong defense first. Then the running game with a little bit of passing. Hughes helped build CSUP into a national power. He is doing the same at WT. I see a share of the LSC title coming soon if not an out right title. Probably next year. It's been fun watching him build this team. He is getting the assistant coaches and players he needs to make this happen. The new stadium is a plus in his and the teams favor.
    This is EXACTLY what the sentiment was for Will Wagner coming from a TRUE National Powerhouse NWMS after back to back NC appearances. Everything new and exciting!!! Competing for conference championship in a couple of years....and making the playoffs getting knocked out by NC CSUP.

    Then...........you know the rest.

    Hope the final outcome is better for Hughes. Time will tell.

  11. #451
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,428
    Rep Power
    54285

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    This is EXACTLY what the sentiment was for Will Wagner coming from a TRUE National Powerhouse NWMS after back to back NC appearances. Everything new and exciting!!! Competing for conference championship in a couple of years....and making the playoffs getting knocked out by NC CSUP.

    Then...........you know the rest.

    Hope the final outcome is better for Hughes. Time will tell.
    I hope it's not! :)

  12. #452
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    33806

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I hope it's not! :)
    Haha

  13. #453

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    I have a question. Was Wagner at NWMS from the beginning? Did he help build the dynasty, or did he just help maintain it. I think Hughes was at CSU-P from the beginning and helped build the program from the very beginning..

  14. #454

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    I have a question. Was Wagner at NWMS from the beginning? Did he help build the dynasty, or did he just help maintain it. I think Hughes was at CSU-P from the beginning and helped build the program from the very beginning..
    Wagner was there from 1998 to 2010 (was GA the first couple of years). Tjeerdsma got there in 1996. won the Championship in 1998, Will's first year as a GA.

  15. #455
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,995
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I hope it's not! :)
    7O7

  16. #456

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    I have noticed that WT is being built just like CSUP was built. Strong defense first. Then the running game with a little bit of passing. Hughes helped build CSUP into a national power. He is doing the same at WT. I see a share of the LSC title coming soon if not an out right title. Probably next year. It's been fun watching him build this team. He is getting the assistant coaches and players he needs to make this happen. The new stadium is a plus in his and the teams favor.
    It never ceases to amaze me how posters heap praise on a HC who hasn’t done much of anything.

    If Carthel, Maskill, or Whitten was HC there would already be a statue.

  17. #457
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    2999

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how posters heap praise on a HC who hasn’t done much of anything.

    If Carthel, Maskill, or Whitten was HC there would already be a statue.
    Wristen at CSUP did not have much going for him when hired. He was advised not to take the HC position and build the program from scratch from many at D1. Hughes was just waiting in the wings for the right school to come along. He had many offers from other schools to be HC that he turned down across the nation. This is his third season coming up. It took Wristen 4 seasons to get a co-RMAC championship with progress showing every year. Hughes has done the same so far.

  18. #458

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    Wristen at CSUP did not have much going for him when hired. He was advised not to take the HC position and build the program from scratch from many at D1. Hughes was just waiting in the wings for the right school to come along. He had many offers from other schools to be HC that he turned down across the nation. This is his third season coming up. It took Wristen 4 seasons to get a co-RMAC championship with progress showing every year. Hughes has done the same so far.
    I hear what you are saying and that comment wasn’t so much directed at you as the homers at WT who have a very short memory of how Hughes was blown out at times last season. The LSC unlike the RMAC have several schools who have war chests and are committed to winning. Saying it’s all blue skies and rainbows is one thing. Actually getting it done is another.

    FYI, Speaking of being selective, Hughes must think Commerce is a better right school than WT as he applied for HC there after the season.

    I’m not saying he will or will not. Definitely, I’m in the wait and see category as he has no history as a HC to go off of.

  19. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    3rd stall on the left
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    65469

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how posters heap praise on a HC who hasn’t done much of anything.

    If Carthel, Maskill, or Whitten was HC there would already be a statue.
    Jason Whitten ?

  20. #460
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    33806

    Default Re: WT New Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    Jason Whitten ?
    Jason WITTEN

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •