Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: WT New Stadium

Contribute to D2

Default Re: WT New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BuffTough View Post
    Anything interesting chip?
    Locker room walls finished next week. Project on schedule. Western Builders says it will all come together in May and June. WT got approval to add some kind of padding under the turf to help decrease concussions. Based on the seating vendor (to be chosen) and final seating design, seating capacity will be between 8,500 and 9,000. Add in another 2,000/3,000 standing room and on the berm.

I asked AD about contingency plan if it's not ready by Sep7 game. He said "IT WILL BE READY!"

As you can begin to see in the photo, it's going to be a great venue to watch football. There will not be a bad seat in the house. Fans will be right up on the action.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-10-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Locker room walls finished next week. Project on schedule. Western Builders says it will all come together in May and June. WT got approval to add some kind of padding under the turf to help decrease concussions. Based on the seating vendor (to be chosen) and final seating design, seating capacity will be between 8,500 and 9,000. Add in another 2,000/3,000 standing room and on the berm.

I asked AD about contingency plan if it's not ready by Sep7 game. He said "IT WILL BE READY!"

As you can begin to see in the photo, it's going to be a great venue to watch football. There will not be a bad seat in the house. Fans will be right up on the action.
    Any news on seating design? I am planning on purchasing a 6 seat family box, but I haven't seen anything yet because they were still waiting on the vendor. I do know that the ticketing system has been implemented but are waiting on the chair vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Any news on seating design? I am planning on purchasing a 6 seat family box, but I haven't seen anything yet because they were still waiting on the vendor. I do know that the ticketing system has been implemented but are waiting on the chair vendor.
    The last conversation I had was that the family boxes were now going to be 4 or 8. I'm waiting to see what's finally what. End of April or early May.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    The last conversation I had was that the family boxes were now going to be 4 or 8. I'm waiting to see what's finally what. End of April or early May.
    Unless they’ve changed in the last 30 days it will be 4 or 6.

6. Default Re: WT New Stadium

You won't be saying that when we take the wagon wheel this year.
    Definitely did not happen last fall. Perhaps in Portales this year. On second thought, perhaps not.

7. Default Re: WT New Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    So how long did it take to come up with that brilliant thought?
    The sound of silent thoughts can be deafening.

8. Default Re: WT New Stadium

Get over it. Carthel is gone and he is not coming back. Jump on board or get left behind.
    Not only that, but get used to ENMU looking at WT in their rear view mirror. Hopefully I will be wrong on that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Not only that, but get used to ENMU looking at WT in their rear view mirror. Hopefully I will be wrong on that assessment.
    YIKES.......if we go with your assessment, no good recruits will commit to WT. lmao.

Way to bring something up that was said several months ago and completely out of context.

You are a fool Michael if you think Carthel is the only coach that can be successful at WT. I have spoken to the man many times before and several times after his termination from WT and while I do believe he is a great coach and even better person I am not naive enough to believe that he is the only person that can win at WT.

Again jump on board or get left behind. You either believe in the University or you don't. Quit dwelling on the past, you can't change it.
    Last edited by BuffTough; 02-05-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Way to bring something up that was said several months ago and completely out of context.

You are a fool Michael if you think Carthel is the only coach that can be successful at WT. I have spoken to the man many times before and several times after his termination from WT and while I do believe he is a great coach and even better person I am not naive enough to believe that he is the only person that can win at WT.

Again jump on board or get left behind. You either believe in the University or you don't. Quit dwelling on the past, you can't change it.
    Just a point of view........MANY university programs exist, yet every once in a while a good coach comes along to put that program on the map. To be fair, Carthel put WT on the map. Love him or hate him. The fact remains, he MADE WT football relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ras619 View Post
    Heading to the death camp???

Did you escape the nursing home again? I thought they took away your WIFI privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by ras619 View Post
    I imagine they'll sand blast him, do some touch-up repairs if needed and give him a new coat of paint. Should be good for another 50 years!

17. Default Re: WT New Stadium

I am cautiously optimistic that Coach Hughes & the Buffs will bring back the Wagon Wheel to Canyon beginning this coming season! So I am on board!

I am cautiously optimistic that Coach Hughes & the Buffs will bring back the Wagon Wheel to Canyon beginning this coming season! So I am on board!
    Man, I hope you're right. It seems the Greyhounds have WT's number on speed dial.

Chip,

Tried to send you message in response to your questions the other day, I think you have some messages built up that need to be deleted. Go Buffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC75Marine View Post
    Chip,
    Tried to send you message in response to your questions the other day, I think you have some messages built up that need to be deleted. Go Buffs!!
    He's old cranky and forgetful. Better off sending him a bottle of Metmucil than a private message.