Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UWG Thread 2018

Contribute to D2

Default UWG Thread 2018

Since we're losing our DC, DL Coach and Recruiting coordinator I am guessing our signing class may take a hit. Let's see what connections Coach Dean has now. All the more important to make sure our off-season conditioning stays on track.

I am working on something pretty cool for Strength & Conditioning that should be clear early next week. If anyone wants to pitch, and actually follow up on it, you can contribute and and designate the money goes to Football Strength and Conditioning. PM me if you need the info.

2. Default Re: UWG Thread 2018

Wow! The Defense DC, DL and Linebackers coaches are gone. Wish them the best! What is going on with UWG Football? Nothing, not even rumors are being discussed. Has me a bit concerned what about the 2018 football team being competitive this year. No problem, I will load up my internet luggage and move to UWF....lol

Default Re: UWG Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterwolf View Post
    Wow! The Defense DC, DL and Linebackers coaches are gone. Wish them the best! What is going on with UWG Football? Nothing, not even rumors are being discussed. Has me a bit concerned what about the 2018 football team being competitive this year. No problem, I will load up my internet luggage and move to UWF....lol
    Coach Dean isn't about the pomp & circumstance, so nothing will appear as flashy as before.

I'm good with it. After the way last year ended, I think we're going to quietly come into the 2018 season and be all about our business.

The overall subpar results from our teams is getting infuriating...including this preseason poll for baseball.

http://gscsports.org/news/2018/1/16/...ball-poll.aspx

Looks like the recruiting weekend went over really well for the Wolves! Excited about the activity we're seeing on social media now from players.

I am seeing a lot of high school commits but no JUCO/transfers, which aligns with the rumored scholarship reductions. The I have is everyone I've seen is on Offense.
    Last edited by Braves'86; 01-23-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Why did so many coaches bail?

Quote Originally Posted by flexbone View Post
    Why did so many coaches bail?
    DL coach got a Coordinator job...

DC, LB, and Director of Football Ops all went back to their home state (I believe) with FCS jobs...

^^That is what you should want from your coaches at the D2 Level - getting coaches on the rise and moving up the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    DL coach got a Coordinator job...

DC, LB, and Director of Football Ops all went back to their home state (I believe) with FCS jobs...

^^That is what you should want from your coaches at the D2 Level - getting coaches on the rise and moving up the chain.
    Agree. If the assistants stay at d2 level, not a good sign. You want the young and upcoming coaches...they leave but do some good things on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lions96 View Post
    Agree. If the assistants stay at d2 level, not a good sign. You want the young and upcoming coaches...they leave but do some good things on the way.
    Bingo. If you have an assistant (and usually HC - outside of obvious like Wallace, Dean, etc) that wants to stay at the D2 level, you have the wrong assistant on staff.

Meanwhile back at the ranch....

Monte Cater announced today he will retire at the end of this Spring term. The winningest active NCAA head coach, Cater amassed 274 wins in his head coaching career. In 31 seasons at Shepherd he went 245-93-1. 

12. Default Re: UWG Thread 2018

Does anyone know why Desmond Harrison is not listed on the 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl roster?

Does UWG have a video feed for basketball? UWA plays there tomorrow and video doesn't show as an option on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by UWAalum View Post
    Does UWG have a video feed for basketball? UWA plays there tomorrow and video doesn't show as an option on the schedule.
    I'd check the UWG Wolves Facebook page - usually a stream there. I REALLY wish they (more so the ones producing, not athletics) would figure out the live scoreboard on the feed. Schools with pennies compared to UWG find a way to get the score shown throughout the game.

Does anyone know why Desmond Harrison is not listed on the 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl roster?
    Battling flu + knee issues. He's down there, but not going through practices or the game.

Livestream. I think the account channel is called UWG.

17. Default Re: UWG Thread 2018

Thanks WB! Hope he does well at the combine. He, if his attitude is forward looking will be on a NFL team for many years to come.

I would link to each of the UWG commits but this girl has most of them on her Twitter.

https://twitter.com/munday_tatum

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    Livestream. I think the account channel is called UWG.
    UWG's men beat UWA last night. THANKS FOR NOTHING '86!! I could have been watching reruns of Blue Bloods if you hadn't been so helpful.

20. Default Re: UWG Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Bingo. If you have an assistant (and usually HC - outside of obvious like Wallace, Dean, etc) that wants to stay at the D2 level, you have the wrong assistant on staff.
    Except Wallace left UNA for the Temple job and came back to D-II after getting fired, and Dean left VSU for a coordinator position at Georgia Southern and came back to D-II after getting fired; so, tell us again how they both want(ed) to stay D-II.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast