Thread: Saturday scores

Contribute to D2

Default Saturday scores

Nice win by Alaska last night; good to see NNU win by one up in Canada; Wolves get 6 in double figures, shoot over 60 percent to beat MSU-B; UAA & CWU fall.

2. Default Re: Saturday scores

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    Nice win by Alaska last night; good to see NNU win by one up in Canada; Wolves get 6 in double figures, shoot over 60 percent to beat MSU-B; UAA & CWU fall.
    Sorry I slacked off on posting scores/results on the thread I usually start near the beginning of the week. I was all set to do it and then I wondered if anyone even reads it or cares (kinda dead around here as of late). It seems like those whose teams aren't doing as well stay away-wish they wouldn't. It sure has never stopped me (probably much to some of your disappointment?).

UAF played a pretty good game~that one was important in many ways, but it was also really fun to see them playing well. Some Alaska players are really carving out a name as far as being players to scout this season in Baham and Kluting. That's really fun to see and both will be back next year, as will most of the team, if Durham can convince the outsiders that they can actually survive another winter in Fairbanks. They've been up, down and all over the place this year, but I'm starting to see their potential, so it'd be really nice if the rhythm of the season can be captured now and they can keep things a bit more consistent. This week at NNU & CWU will be a good road test, with two teams that have also been up and down and all over the place, so probably a big week for both Alaska teams as well as CWU and NNU...

Sounds like UAA has lost 2 of their 3 senior DI drop-downs for the season and Ursery looked, ummmm, pretty damn gimpy last night, despite doing most of UAA's scoring damage. Ultimately this will make UAA better next season though and despite somewhat despising them, I'd rather see them play their young guys this season and get them ready to cause havoc next year.

Default Re: Saturday scores

What happened to the D-1 drop-downs at UAA, grades?

Quote Originally Posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Sounds like UAA has lost 2 of their 3 senior DI drop-downs for the season and Ursery looked, ummmm, pretty damn gimpy last night, despite doing most of UAA's scoring damage. Ultimately this will make UAA better next season though and despite somewhat despising them, I'd rather see them play their young guys this season and get them ready to cause havoc next year.
    Yeah, season looking pretty grim for UAA absent a miracle of some kind. Losing Lampkin for the season really hurts as he has been dominant early on. Oh well, there is always next year.

Lampkin out with foot injury. Maleke Haynes was grades. Usery now back playing but not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    What happened to the D-1 drop-downs at UAA, grades?
    UAA is not good this season. I'll be surprised if they even play in the GNAC tournament, which they are hosting in March. Attendance in the new $109 million arena has been embarrassing. Both women's basketball and women's volleyball at UAA put more butts in seats.