Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 107

Thread: HU News

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default HU News

    I've known for a good bit, but HU has announced that they are set to build a new 120 yard indoor. Unless the place that NFL team built up in MOWEST is better, I think this might be the best in D2. Staff has been touring Clemson today and is set to start construction very soon. I think it's going to absolutely unreal. Big big news for the Bisons. Big time things are about to happen for the HU football program in the future.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    45,950
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: HU News

    Where does all this money come from? Harding has a great baseball and softball complex and this won't be cheap. Glen Taylor, who owns the Timberwolves, paid for most of MSU's Taylor Center but I'm not expecting more for a new football stadium. Where are you getting the dinaro?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Fundraising efforts. It's all about who you know, I guess.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    45,950
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Fundraising efforts. It's all about who you know, I guess.
    I honestly think the method of asking is really important. Make people feel like they are part of the solution- ask but never push or take it for granted. Have some clearly defined goals.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Must've worked. They wouldn't fly out to Clemson to get a look at theirs without some really big plans.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hot Springs, AR
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    10299

    Default Re: HU News

    I guess I am a little further out of the loop than you are, D2. I just saw this news today. Either way BIG news for Harding. I am very excited to see the momentum of this program continue to build. Any ideas on construction date?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I've known for a good bit, but HU has announced that they are set to build a new 120 yard indoor. Unless the place that NFL team built up in MOWEST is better, I think this might be the best in D2. Staff has been touring Clemson today and is set to start construction very soon. I think it's going to absolutely unreal. Big big news for the Bisons. Big time things are about to happen for the HU football program in the future.
    That is big news, I must admit. But a 12x12 storage would have been adequate for that Friday night offense. JK. Congrats!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,337
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I've known for a good bit, but HU has announced that they are set to build a new 120 yard indoor. Unless the place that NFL team built up in MOWEST is better, I think this might be the best in D2. Staff has been touring Clemson today and is set to start construction very soon. I think it's going to absolutely unreal. Big big news for the Bisons. Big time things are about to happen for the HU football program in the future.
    Keep going and you guys can join the MIAA.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Keep going and you guys can join the MIAA.
    Not sure you guys would have anything else we need.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,337
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Not sure you guys would have anything else we need.
    Probably not. I t was just a joke about the facilities arms race in the MIAA. Nearly everyone has or is looking at some kind of indoor facility and a jumbotron along with better food options, etc...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News


  12. #12

    Default Re: HU News

    Ah, you guys really know how to brag.

    And you still have a losing record vs ATU.

    In all seriousness. Congratulations, that is very impressive.

    What I like most about the 58 wins statement is that it means you have done better than those annoying pigs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    Ah, you guys really know how to brag.

    And you still have a losing record vs ATU.

    In all seriousness. Congratulations, that is very impressive.

    What I like most about the 58 wins statement is that it means you have done better than those annoying pigs.
    OU has a losing record against Texas. I'm sure you know which fan base is happier. We'll see you guys in searcy next year. Bring your A game.

  14. #14

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I think your SID and marketing people missed an opportunity here. I didnt take the time to look but does any college team in KS or TN have more than 58 wins in 6 years? Maybe Memphis? From a recruiting standpoint that is an even stronger statement in states that you touch.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    I think your SID and marketing people missed an opportunity here. I didnt take the time to look but does any college team in KS or TN have more than 58 wins in 6 years? Maybe Memphis? From a recruiting standpoint that is an even stronger statement in states that you touch.
    You're probably right. I don't know either. Just a basic (not really on this site) copy and paste job here from me. Could probably even get down to LA as well.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    58 wins with 1 conference title, that's what I call total domination.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: HU News

    Ouachita Baptist has 46 wins in 6 years with 1, 2, 3 conference championships and 2 NCAA playoff championship appearances. 2018 will be the year in which we claim our first back to back GAC Championship and first ever NCAA playoff win!!! #GOTIGERS

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Ouachita Baptist has 46 wins in 6 years with 1, 2, 3 conference championships and 2 NCAA playoff championship appearances. 2018 will be the year in which we claim our first back to back GAC Championship and first ever NCAA playoff win!!! #GOTIGERS
    Keep hanging your hat on the conference titles Fred. if you'd rather lose more games and never advance in the real postseason, then we have different goals. Bama didn't win the SEC this year. At least UGA has that one, ya know?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Keep hanging your hat on the conference titles Fred. if you'd rather lose more games and never advance in the real postseason, then we have different goals. Bama didn't win the SEC this year. At least UGA has that one, ya know?
    I will because most of the time you not competing for a national championship unless you at least win your conference. You can blow smoke all you want. Nobody remembers who made a run in the playoffs only those who win it. Hopefully we will show you how to win both!!!!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: HU News

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    I will because most of the time you not competing for a national championship unless you at least win your conference. You can blow smoke all you want. Nobody remembers who made a run in the playoffs only those who win it. Hopefully we will show you how to win both!!!!
    You wanna trade? I'll trade you semi final birth every year with a chance to win it all and give you the conference title every year? Would you honestly make that trade?

    And we freaking beat you guys along the way. You got lucky somebody else got to us early.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •