Thread: GNAC schedule

Default GNAC schedule

This year, the GNAC seems to be doing the holiday scheduling a little differently, as CWU is at MSUB tonight and the Alaska schools visit the Oregon schools this Sunday and next Tuesday along with NNU @ CWU on Tuesday as well. Kinda nice to trim back on the long break, especially for the Alaska schools, whom I presume are not catching any D2 west region games over break because of funding issues. It'll be interesting to see how UAA does on the road. They've had their share of struggles early this year, but they did defend their home turf for the opening week of play... Also interesting will be how UAF does-they've also struggled and I'm not sure whether it'll be another entire season of "figuring things out" or if they'll get it together and offer up some consistency. The CWU/MSUB/NNU games all should be interesting too--NNU will try the "road" out too after defending their home court in surprising fashion and MSUB and CWU will be looking to collect their first wins in GNAC play. Good times! Glad to have a few straggling GNAC games to follow and it looks like some good D2 west region games as well in the next week.

Thought it was great to see WOU win @ Tarleton too. Other than their "hiccup" @ WWU, they have a really solid record. WWU lost to East Bay at home (whom MSUB & SPU beat) after thumping WOU at home~obviously they have a lot of talent, but their record certainly doesn't reflect their talent level... It will be fun to follow the WOU & WWU game the last week of the season to see if WOU can get revenge--it'll be a game that'll likely matter a lot more for post-season implications!

Default Re: GNAC schedule

I wish there was some games around here, NNU takes a big break and then hits the road for awhile.

3. Default Re: GNAC schedule

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    I wish there was some games around here, NNU takes a big break and then hits the road for awhile.
    Go to Moscow tomorrow night and watch Simon Fraser! Then watch your Wolves from your house this weekend--should be a fun game vs UAA.

4. Default Re: GNAC schedule

I wonder why CWU is playing NNU in Wenatchee. Just to reach out to local fans?

Default Re: GNAC schedule

Quote Originally Posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Go to Moscow tomorrow night and watch Simon Fraser! Then watch your Wolves from your house this weekend--should be a fun game vs UAA.
    I'm going to my hometown of Moscow in a week, but the 300-mile/winter jaunt is a bit much right now. Otherwise, it's a great suggestion! I will be watching Wolves this weekend, however.