Thread: What's up with the West Region so far?

Default What's up with the West Region so far?

Not a whole lot of NCAA D2 Top 25 (and receiving votes) from the west region so far...Is the wild, wild west down this year?

2. Default Re: What's up with the West Region so far?

Maybe? Seems a little too early to say for sure, but it seems like a lot of the top teams have taken one too many losses to be taken too seriously (WWU, CBU, Chico, etc--don't know anything about CPP, but it doesn't look like they've been really tested yet). Potentially a "growing pains" year in the west? Who knows. Probably makes for fun games for us though, cause it seems to be ever-more true this year that any given night is anybody's game.

Do you know why almost half the GNAC are sporting pretty decent Humboldt transfers this year? I think MSUB's Green is injured for the time being now, SPU sports a sharp shooter from Humboldt and WOU a guard from them too...

3. Default Re: What's up with the West Region so far?

Some "small town chatter" in why the kids transferred, but I don't want to feed into the gossip. It's unfortunate, because those three guards are solid D2 players and could have helped Humboldt State men's squad.

Default Re: What's up with the West Region so far?

Quote Originally Posted by humboldt_ced View Post
    Some "small town chatter" in why the kids transferred, but I don't want to feed into the gossip. It's unfortunate, because those three guards are solid D2 players and could have helped Humboldt State men's squad.
    WOU has 2 one-and-done D2 transfers this year, seems odd but they're both working out.

5. Default Re: What's up with the West Region so far?

Quote Originally Posted by humboldt_ced View Post
    Fair enough. It happens to most programs from time to time... Can't please everyone all the time! Yeah-they all have been doing great in the GNAC.