Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: IUP Board

Default Re: IUP Board

Mt. union OC is from North Hills.....PR OC is from North Hills.

2. Default Re: IUP Board

Quote Originally Posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    How in God's name did they get a Division 2 or even Division 1 kid to go to Mount Union?? Seems like some SMU style dealings to me... Who knows, maybe the lure of National Championships is too much to turn down?
    Couldn't possibly be because he liked the academics or social environment that the school offered and chose that over athletics..... what a crazy notion .....had to be something nefarious going on.. jus sayin

3. Default Re: IUP Board

Only saw offers from Fairmont and Millersville....Surprising no Psac west schools didn't atleast make offers...even if **** ones. Why go to Mount when you could've waited for that 5k (if lucky) offer to pay 15k/yr from a middle of the pack PSAC west team...Lol.

The white RB from West Florida sure smoked IUP.

Mt. Union, with room and board, is about $42,000 a year (retail price).

6. Default Re: IUP Board

I meant the money as pay to go to a .500 psac team or win a Nat'l Title. D2..D3 is meaningless really. I'm sure mom and dad can write the 40k check as easily as the 20k. But he wont pay sticker price at Mt.U.

I think it came down to no good offers and the coaching tie from Mt.U to PR.

I agree totally.

If money isn't a factor in the decision he can likely go and star for a national power house -- at a good academic school with a nice campus. AND, big and, Mt. Union has incredible community support.

Let's not get too hung up in the D2/D3 thing in this example, either. Mt. Union would light up half the PSAC on the football field. Their attendance is also very on par with the top teams in the PSAC.

I do find it hard to believe his only two offers were from Millersville and Fairmont State -- if, in fact, that's true.

Mt. Union also has nicer facilities than I'd guess 90 percent of the PSAC.

Recruiting now is about attending showcases and camps where many schools are present. If he doesn't have the money to attend five dozen camps over the summer he'll get less looks. Plus there are differences of opinion on potential. It's just like pro days.

Mt Union is a good school. The average kid is only paying $26,500 after discounts. That's public information (thanks Obama). Plus all the upsides everyone else said.

The WPIAL is a bit overrated once you get past the elite star kids. Remember what Alex Papson did at Gannon? Nothing. Remember what Mike Vernillo did at Slippery Rock? Jack squat.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I agree totally.

If money isn't a factor in the decision he can likely go and star for a national power house -- at a good academic school with a nice campus. AND, big and, Mt. Union has incredible community support.

Let's not get too hung up in the D2/D3 thing in this example, either. Mt. Union would light up half the PSAC on the football field. Their attendance is also very on par with the top teams in the PSAC.

I do find it hard to believe his only two offers were from Millersville and Fairmont State -- if, in fact, that's true.

Mt. Union also has nicer facilities than I'd guess 90 percent of the PSAC.
    I don't believe the young man would lie, but he did announced via Twitter (https://twitter.com/jpcrawford3) his Millersville offer (26 Jun ) and Fairmont St (11 Dec).

Maybe the young man is getting some academic money to attend...who knows. But it is a good decision to attend a national powerhouse and probably will get on the field early and play. Congrats to him.

Perhaps. But he never 'tweeted' his Mt. Union offer rather just his commitment.

The kid was a beast in 6A on the undefeated state championship team -- and can flat out fly.

If no West team offered him ... that's shocking and amazing. Especially considering Phil Jurcovec went to bat for him on Twitter.

Regardless. He made a good choice. Their football facilities are amazing for the D2 and D3 levels. And, he'll get some nice jewelery.

We certainly have to expect kids would pick Mt. Union over PSAC or MEC schools in many cases.

This should go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    This should go well.

How the mighty have fallen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers: Frank Cignetti has been hired to coach the teams quarterbacks, per multiple reports. Cignetti’s past coaching stops include Fresno State, North Carolina, Cal, Pitt, and Rutgers before jumping to the NFL where he coached with the 49ers, Rams, and Giants.

14. Default Re: IUP Board

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Green Bay Packers: Frank Cignetti has been hired to coach the teams quarterbacks, per multiple reports. Cignetti’s past coaching stops include Fresno State, North Carolina, Cal, Pitt, and Rutgers before jumping to the NFL where he coached with the 49ers, Rams, and Giants.
    Junior has put together one heck of a resume. I'm surprised that he has not landed a college head coaching job somewhere to be honest.

-

15. Default Re: IUP Board

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The white RB from West Florida sure smoked IUP.
    Quite right. But i'm sure he had a little more size than Crawford.

Who are the ten best white RBs of all-time?

10. Jim Otis
    9. Craig James
    8. Merrill Hoge
    7. Mark Van Eeghen
    6. Mike Alstott
    5. Jim Kiick
    4. Rob Lytle
    3. Rocky Bleier
    2. Christian McCafferty
    1. Larry Csonka

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

10. Jim Otis
    9. Craig James
    8. Merrill Hoge
    7. Mark Van Eeghen
    6. Mike Alstott
    5. Jim Kiick
    4. Rob Lytle
    3. Rocky Bleier
    2. Christian McCafferty
    1. Larry Csonka

-
    Danny Woodhead?

10. Jim Otis
    9. Craig James
    8. Merrill Hoge
    7. Mark Van Eeghen
    6. Mike Alstott
    5. Jim Kiick
    4. Rob Lytle
    3. Rocky Bleier
    2. Christian McCafferty
    1. Larry Csonka

-
    In the modern era or all time.

Modern era has to include John Riggins, all time, you can't leave out Red Grange, Bronko Nagurski, or Frank Gifford, Jim Taylor, Steve Van Buren.

D2 we have John Kuhn and Danny Woodhead

18. Default Re: IUP Board

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    In the modern era or all time.

Modern era has to include John Riggins, all time, you can't leave out Red Grange, Bronko Nagurski, or Frank Gifford, Jim Taylor, Steve Van Buren.

D2 we have John Kuhn and Danny Woodhead
    Geez, John Riggins! I knew I forgot someone. I was just sort of fooling around with the list but I like the names you added.

-

19. Default Re: IUP Board

Looks like Rori Blair is going to Valdosta. Figured he'd end up at Cal, Sru, or Iup...but guess not.

10. Jim Otis
    9. Craig James
    8. Merrill Hoge
    7. Mark Van Eeghen
    6. Mike Alstott
    5. Jim Kiick
    4. Rob Lytle
    3. Rocky Bleier
    2. Christian McCafferty
    1. Larry Csonka

-

No Steve Van Buren?