Thread: Potential Shorter University Football GSC Replacements

Default Potential Shorter University Football GSC Replacements

With all the events and talk happening around Shorter University Football next season who would you see or like to see as their replacement in the GSC?

Default Re: Potential Shorter University Football GSC Replacements

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoDad View Post
    With all the events and talk happening around Shorter University Football next season who would you see or like to see as their replacement in the GSC?
    I've said for 3 or 4 years now I wish Carson-Newman would leave the SAC and join the GSC. In fact we had about a 5 page discussion on it last year on here....but I digress.

Outside of someone bailing on their current conference, like Carson Newman would have to do, the only option it to make North Greenville a full member and invite UNC Pembroke.

Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    Outside of someone bailing on their current conference, like Carson Newman would have to do, the only option it to make North Greenville a full member and invite UNC Pembroke.
    Add all three!!! (Carson Newman, North Greenville, and UNC-Pembroke)

UNC-Pembroke would probably go for a Football only membership.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoDad View Post
    I am reminded of the quote by (choose your handle) Samuel Longhorn Clemens/Mark Twain, and will paraphrase..

The death of Shorter Football is greatly exaggerated. They have unrivaled facilities, and a pretty pissed off big time Baptist Minister, who it appears, is about bring another tablet
    down from "The Hill". ( A Georgia Mount)
    Amen, "pass the nanner pudding."

6. Default Re: Potential Shorter University Football GSC Replacements

What if Lambuth merged with Shorter?

Shorter leaving???

Cumberland, Faulkner?

Quote Originally Posted by UWFDad95 View Post
    Shorter leaving???
    Not leaving. I hope they don’t but thought it would be a good discussion on who to add to the GSC. An NAIA team that I thought could move up and give us another Florida team would be Florida Southeastern. They have been doing well and have been adding other sports.

I hope Shorter doesn't leave. They were successful at the NAIA level, but have struggled in the GSC. Reinhardt, here in GA, is only in their 5th year and is in the NAIA National Championship this weekend after a semifinal appearance last year. However, it's a very small school and I think they are perfect for NAIA where they are very successful in all sports. A school to keep an eye on that I think will start football one day is Georgia Gwinnett College. They have over 12,000 students this fall, are already dominant in the NAIA sports they offer and will probably be like Kennesaw State one day (35,000 students). Being that they are in football-rich Gwinnett County, I could see them starting football and the GSC would be a nice place for them one day. Here's a good article about their athletic teams that was in the AJC last year:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/yes-ge...5hlLzbZjt0EVJ/

Quote Originally Posted by High plains drifter View Post
    What if Lambuth merged with Shorter?
    Shortbuth

Hear Hugh Freeze is available(He did miracles with Lambuth (and cell phones I hear) )

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Shortbuth

Hear Hugh Freeze is available(He did miracles with Lambuth (and cell phones I hear) )
    Haha.... Lamter

13. Default Re: Potential Shorter University Football GSC Replacements

Regardless if Shorter were to leave or not, I think adding UNC-P in football (if they're interested) along with some NAIA teams (SEU in FL, Reinhardt in GA, Cumberland U in TN and Faulkner in AL) would be awesome. I wish Middle Georgia State would elevate their club team to the varsity level and join the GSC. I had heard that MGSC had originally applied for D2 (or NCAA membership at least) when they added sports but were denied and instead ended up in NAIA.

Are there any current GSC members that may be interested in starting football?
    Last edited by FormerCrusader#84; 12-08-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Island Time View Post
    I hope Shorter doesn't leave. They were successful at the NAIA level, but have struggled in the GSC. Reinhardt, here in GA, is only in their 5th year and is in the NAIA National Championship this weekend after a semifinal appearance last year. However, it's a very small school and I think they are perfect for NAIA where they are very successful in all sports. A school to keep an eye on that I think will start football one day is Georgia Gwinnett College. They have over 12,000 students this fall, are already dominant in the NAIA sports they offer and will probably be like Kennesaw State one day (35,000 students). Being that they are in football-rich Gwinnett County, I could see them starting football and the GSC would be a nice place for them one day. Here's a good article about their athletic teams that was in the AJC last year:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/yes-ge...5hlLzbZjt0EVJ/
    Yupp...I'm fairly confident they would beat UWG in just about every sport we both play. GGC would be a beast in the GSC....

15. Default Re: Potential Shorter University Football GSC Replacements

On a side note. The Shorter Volleyball Coach Jon Moseley has been hired as the new volleyball coach at West Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
    On a side note. The Shorter Volleyball Coach Jon Moseley has been hired as the new volleyball coach at West Georgia
    One of the few remaining pieces from when Shorter was competitive across the board...super happy to have him!