Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the GSC blogger disrespecting IUP

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Is the GSC blogger disrespecting IUP

I don't think Andy is disrespecting IUP. Any team in the final 4 has a chance to win. Andy makes good points and since he knows the GSC and the UWF team, he can judge what he thinks is the best team.

Everyone has an opinion, but the best team on Saturday will win... Let's just hope the officials don't determine the outcome....

Best to both teams... but I have to say... GO ARGOS.

This game will come down to coaching. Better coach will win.

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    That is not true. Go over to the General discussion page, many people are saying IUP is the clear favorite in this game. Bob Eblen also picked IUP to win.

Regarding the original post, no--picking your home team is not disrespectful. In all honesty, I think only a fan with a bit of a superiority complex would think it is disrespectful. Chill, yall. Enjoy the game. And if you win this week, you can bet a lot less people will have you as the favorite in the next game, so start to thicken up that skin now. ;-)
    Careful with Eblen! He picked Central Washington to win it all, if I remember correctly. Just joking a bit. Eblen does a great job with his Division II football writings!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    Disagreed. Bettter uniform design

Interesting. You picked IUP to win in the other thread, but mentioned West Florida has the better coaching staff. Now here you make this claim. I'm confused.

As Pepper Brooks once said in Dodgeball... "That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it pays off for him."

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Why do you suppose Vegas doesn't book any DII games? Too easy to get to kids to cheat the system? Just not enough knowledge of the schools? I haven't seen anything that says it's illegal, although I haven't looked too hard.
    Nobody who makes lines has enough knowledge to make a line that will make them money.

Just read Andy's column - and felt he gave lot's of Kudos to IUP. He respects them as do all of the GSC.
    IUP is a championship caliber team. Undefeated playing 3 or 4 ranked teams.

UWF staring to put it all together after their first 3 loses. They are peaking right now.

This game reminds me of the in 1997,(?) VSU went up to play Vulcans, who were favored 7. It was very cold and snowed
    the day before. (Weather won't have anything to do with this game)

Blazers won, in the remaining minutes with T.D. pass to our big tight end.

I certainly don't think IUP will lose by 9. These teams are too evenly matched ... whoever doesn't give up stupid penalties and coughs up the ball, is who will win.
    Two very fine teams who belong in the Semi's!

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Just read Andy's column - and felt he gave lot's of Kudos to IUP. He respects them as do all of the GSC.
    IUP is a championship caliber team. Undefeated playing 3 or 4 ranked teams.

UWF staring to put it all together after their first 3 loses. They are peaking right now.

This game reminds me of the in 1997,(?) VSU went up to play Vulcans, who were favored 7. It was very cold and snowed
    the day before. (Weather won't have anything to do with this game)

Blazers won, in the remaining minutes with T.D. pass to our big tight end.

I certainly don't think IUP will lose by 9. These teams are too evenly matched ... whoever doesn't give up stupid penalties and coughs up the ball, is who will win.
    Two very fine teams who belong in the Semi's!

You are a strong and exact ten years off. That was 2007.

I know, you push too many field goals to the right and all those misses start running together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Just read ght now.

Weather won't have anything to do with this game)

!
    1-2 inches of snow starting in the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by cage View Post
    1-2 inches of snow starting in the afternoon

Weather Channel is showing Saturday, high of 38 and partly cloudy skies with %20 precep.

Besides, those Pensacola boys are used to snow.

UWF will have heaters on the sideline and have been working all week on things to keep the players cold. Working with frozen football, making the players put their hands in ice buckets before the skill guys rep, spraying linemens hands with ice water in stances and they purchased cold weather gear.

Shinick has made mistakes in the past with taking a warm weather team north he isn't going to make those mistakes again. Told the players it's going to be cold don't let that determine your your success... After all our all white uniforms will blend in with the snow ❄️..

No one down their has ever heard of receiver gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Interesting. You picked IUP to win in the other thread, but mentioned West Florida has the better coaching staff. Now here you make this claim. I'm confused.

As Pepper Brooks once said in Dodgeball... "That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it pays off for him."
    Simple, sometimes a good coaching staff out coaches themselves. Meaning "I can't predict what a coach may think at a certain time, even though they normally don't make dumb decisions". Thus IUP talent have shown the ability to overcome dumb decisions by their coach.

Simple, sometimes a good coaching staff out coaches themselves. Meaning "I can't predict what a coach may think at a certain time, even though they normally don't make dumb decisions". Thus IUP talent have shown the ability to overcome dumb decisions by their coach.
    Do you hold political office?

15. Default Re: Is the GSC blogger disrespecting IUP

Huh?

Not even The Dude abides to this deep level of rationale.

Thursday of game week ... all the weird crap surfaces.

17. Default Re: Is the GSC blogger disrespecting IUP

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Not even The Dude abides to this deep level of rationale.

Thursday of game week ... all the weird crap surfaces.
    I'm thinking we need to cue the principal from the end of Billy Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Huh?
    IUP coaches make a lot of dumb decisions, that make games closer then they should be and the players talent makes up the difference.

IUP coaches make a lot of dumb decisions, that make games closer then they should be and the players talent makes up the difference.
    Explain, Tony.

20. Default Re: Is the GSC blogger disrespecting IUP

I'm certain IUP's coaches aren't right all the time, but "a lot of dumb decisions" seems like a stretch. Part of me would like more of an explanation of exactly what you mean, but another part of me thinks that would just make my head hurt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast