Thread: Feb 7. Signing day day verbal committ lists.

Contribute to D2

Default Feb 7. Signing day day verbal committ lists.

Please list your Verbal Commits here.

Default Re: Feb 7. Signing day day verbal committ lists.

Augustana University
    Peyton Zabel QB. Pierre SD. 6'6" 215lbs. State 11AA Champion 2017, Argus Leader elite 45. Senior season threw for 2724 yards 30 TD's, Ran for 393 yards 10 TD's. A 3 sport athlete FB, Basketball and Baseball. Will also pitch for AU baseball team. A really high quality recruit with a strong arm and good feet, for AU. Runner-up 11A coach for Harrisburg said " He's just a phenomenal football player. His own coach said. " He makes throws other QB's only dream of making.

Logan Uttecht WR/FS 6' 1" 185lbs. Sioux Falls Washington HS. Argus leader elite 45. Holds career records at Washington HS. receptions 110, yards 1929 and TD's 24.

Trevor Burkhardt OL 6' 4" 300lbs. Sioux Falls Washington, State Champions 11AAA.

Blake Larson OL 6' 6" 305lbs. All ESD. All state.

Blog Entries

Augie is off to a good start. There's no way to know of keep track of each team with this....as the average signing class is between 20-30 kids, and 16 teams worth....but after watching the Pierre QB in their state championship....he's a very athletic taller kid who throws the ball with good arm strength. I immediately thought he was a very good get for a NSIC team. He can run a bit as well. Uttecht is a good get as well..and might help the Vikings sooner than later.

Social media has definitely changed things on verbals and having an idea of who could be on campus next season! I know I've seen a ton from all the NSIC schools which is cool! Gives you a sense of where coaches heads are at at filling immediate and long term needs. Tracking it would be a nightmare for sure!

5. Default Re: Feb 7. Signing day day verbal committ lists.

Hard to track for one guy, not so bad for many stalkers working together;-) Follow the coaches Twitter for your favorite team - I don't think they are allowed to state who committed, but they'll say "Yippee, our offense just got faster". Look at who retweets it and you'll find a kid tweeting "Proud to announce my commitment to...". It's not always that easy, sometimes they don't even use the word "Yippee" But look at the hints he gives you, the region he recruits, the likes and retweets and where they are from - you'll end up with a 90% accurate list.

It's not hard at all to find your individual schools verbal commitments. I enjoy finding recruits variable schools recruiting offers. USF has some quality commitments that I know of and was hoping people would list their individual schools verbal's on this thread.

Blog Entries

tman had posted this regarding USF..

-WR Nathan Varns 6'1" 195 pounds from Sioux Falls Roosevelt. 4.72 electronic 40, 33 inch vert, fastest pro agility with a 3.94.
    Elite 45 as a JR. 74 catches, 1,274 yards 16 touchdowns receiving, all the top numbers in the state.

http://www.public.hudl.com/profile/4439082/nate-varns

-FS/QB Carter Lohr 6'0" 180 pounds from Sioux Falls Roosevelt. 4.8 hand timed 40, 29.5 inch vert. All-Metro Conference, 2- time state wrestling champion.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4439089/carter-lohr

Augustana is killing it. Some of the fringe south dakota fcs guys I wanted at usf signing with them Braiden Peterson 6'1" 180 pound rb from class , 11AAA Brandon Valley hs. Ran for 2200 yards and 31 td. Elite 45 team 4.68 electronic 40, 2017 2nd place 100M Class A state track meet 11.08.
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4232826...516e0d2ca5f994
    Last edited by tman28; 12-11-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Hudl

Blog Entries

Following a fair amount of the coaches on twitter, and the football programs....I see a handful of "we got better today" type of tweets regarding verbals. I'd love to say that I'm going to enter each one here, but they are just far too random and frequent. That said, as mentioned..Augie looks like they are doing very well getting higher profile guys locally. Are the Vikings going to 36 scholarships right away? Haha.

Augie always has a chance to land those key local guys.... great academics, support, and facilities.

A few more USF commits....
    Code Jantzen 6'3" 230, TE/LB out of Northpine HS, WI https://www.hudl.com/profile/4758657...jantzen/videos
    Josh Swanson 6'3" 175, QB out of Pewaukee, WI. Looked good on tape imo
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/919053/59f14f8e5ca902244c52a72a
    Last edited by tman28; 12-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.

There have been quite a few kids lately for the Wolves, I'll try to find some time to list them all out with hudl videos if available later on.

Quote Originally Posted by tman28 View Post
    Augustana is killing it. Some of the fringe south dakota fcs guys I wanted at usf signing with them Braiden Peterson 6'1" 180 pound rb from class , 11AAA Brandon Valley hs. Ran for 2200 yards and 31 td. Elite 45 team 4.68 electronic 40, 2017 2nd place 100M Class A state track meet 11.08.
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4232826...516e0d2ca5f994
    Looking at Braidens highlights he got a great deal of his yards simply by turning the corner and out running defenses, getting the corner will not be as easy in college

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Following a fair amount of the coaches on twitter, and the football programs....I see a handful of "we got better today" type of tweets regarding verbals. I'd love to say that I'm going to enter each one here, but they are just far too random and frequent. That said, as mentioned..Augie looks like they are doing very well getting higher profile guys locally. Are the Vikings going to 36 scholarships right away? Haha.
    Twitter is being used by coaches to stroke the ego's of recruits, parents, high school coaches and perspective recruits. Mostly it's innocent way to keep high enthusiasm in the recruiting wars.

14. Default Re: Feb 7. Signing day day verbal committ lists.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Twitter is being used by coaches to stroke the ego's of recruits, parents, high school coaches and perspective recruits. Mostly it's innocent way to keep high enthusiasm in the recruiting wars.
    [BI think you are right about the use of twitter and the like. Twitter is expression of thoughts through words, pictures and videos...HOPEFULLY RECRUITS AND SOME COACHES REALIZE THAT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN ANY WORDS, THAT CAN BE POSTED IN 140 CHARACTERS.
    My advise to any potential recruits Of ANY SCHOOL or PROGRAM---believe half or two thirds of what is being sold to you by the coaching staff AND WHEN YOU VISIT THE UNIVERSITY; TALK TO AS MANY CURRENT AND PAST PLAYERS---NOT JUST YOUR HOST ABOUT HOW THE PROGRAM IS RUN; THE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE OF THE COACHES; HOW PLAYERS ARE TREATED, GRADUATION RATES, HOW MANY ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY ISSUES DID THE PROGRAM EXPERIENCE, HOW MANY PLAYERS HAVE LEFT THE PROGRAM, AND THE REASONS.---BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THEIR ATHLETIC CAREERS AT THE RESPECTIVE UNIVERSITIES. All recruits will transition from potential recruit--to active player to former player/alumni. IF you are an athlete, it will be much more important, to you, how you were treated during and after your athletic career---certainly have a more lasting impact on your life compared to your recruiting process. Unfortunately, the recruiting process is mostly fluff and smoke---Hopefully these young Recruits realize that the "love fest" will be over after they sign and arrive on campus. Make sure you get the whole picture of the program/coaching staff---not just the TWITTER perspective; after all what of any substance can be communicated in 140 characters???? WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS THE SUBSTANCE WITHIN THE PROGRAM.
    [/B]
    Last edited by MSUBeaverFan; 12-15-2017 at 01:50 PM.

I've only seen about a handful of SMSU commitments posted on Twitter. Seems a bit low, but I suppose it's only mid-December.