West Florida at IUP

Harding at Texas A&M-Commerce

Army vs. Navy

* Bonus *

Over or Under IUP vs West Florida - 52.5

Default Re: Week 15 Pick 'Em

IUP and Texas A & M Commerce both win!

West Florida at IUP How Lenny and Coaching goes, so will the game. I believe Lenny will bring his magic and make plays both with his legs and arm. WF may have the better coaching staff. IUP comes out hungry and takes control early. If not it will be a long game for IUP.

Harding at Texas A&M-Commerce I'm only picking this game because Brandon Bolen (ex Mercyhurst QB/Coach) is now an assistant at Texas. Hoping he gets to feel what a championship weekend feels like.

Army vs. Navy will be a good game but Navy runs the option better.

* Bonus *

Over or Under IUP vs West Florida - 52.5 Going with the under - final score 17 - 10 IUP. Weather will play a role (only for those riding the pine).

West Florida at IUP - West Florida's Cinderella season turns into a pumpkin at about 3:30 saturday. Lenny Shines, IUP by 10

Harding at Texas A&M-Commerce - Flexbone will be hard to stop. Harding by 7

Army vs. Navy - Army is one and done

* Bonus *

Over or Under IUP vs West Florida - 52.5 - two good defenses

7. Default Re: Week 15 Pick 'Em

Picks in bold

West Florida at IUP - Go IUP!
    Harding at Texas A&M-Commerce- A high school offense will only take you so far.
    Army vs. Navy - Middies are more battle-tested.
    * Bonus *
    Over or Under IUP vs West Florida - 52.5 - looking for a lot of offense Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    West Florida at IUP How Lenny and Coaching goes, so will the game. I believe Lenny will bring his magic and make plays both with his legs and arm. WF may have the better coaching staff. IUP comes out hungry and takes control early. If not it will be a long game for IUP.
    And what are you basing that on? I'm dying to see your detailed breakdown.

And what are you basing that on?

Trolling, would be my guess.

You've go two savvy posters on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    And what are you basing that on? I'm dying to see your detailed breakdown.
    2d season, playoffs. IUP coaches makes some very dumb decisions/play calls during games and the talent of IUP actually pulled them out of a couple of games. Check out the technique on the D-line and O-line for WF and there blitz packages. Oh yes, they have the better coaching staff. If WF win, that will be the difference. Key to game is to make Lenny win with his arm, which WF coaching staff will do.

2d season, playoffs. IUP coaches makes some very dumb decisions/play calls during games and the talent of IUP actually pulled them out of a couple of games. Check out the technique on the D-line and O-line for WF and there blitz packages. Oh yes, they have the better coaching staff. If WF win, that will be the difference. Key to game is to make Lenny win with his arm, which WF coaching staff will do.
    Its hard to completely stop the IUP run game, with the adjustments made after the Clarion game. If you do, you often get burned by play action, with IUPs speedy receivers so wide open that even Homer's grandma can complete the pass . UWF has to slow down the run with good play from their DL.

IUP over West Florida: The Red Chickens finally punch their ticket to Kansas City as they conquer the Argos
    Harding over TAMU-Commerce: Tough one to call, but I'm usually a sucker for an underdog
    Navy over Army: Pains me to make that pick as my brother served in the Army
    Under: Especially with this IUP defense

14. Default Re: Week 15 Pick 'Em

I am a huge IUP fan and have been following them since attending IUP over 30 years ago. I will be cheering for IUP to win this game and I think they can. However, we can not overlook that West Florida is "battle tested". What I mean, is that they have survived a season in the GSC (the SEC of DII) and beat GSC opponents in the playoffs. Playing a season in the GSC makes you battle tested because of the intensity of talent in that conference. In the 30 years I have followed IUP football, I feel their regular season in the PSAC does not "battle test" them the same way as teams from other conferences. For IUP to win going forward, they will need to get used to the stronger faster teams they are now playing. This is possible with IUP's talent and the fact they are playing at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Its hard to completely stop the IUP run game, with the adjustments made after the Clarion game. If you do, you often get burned by play action, with IUPs speedy receivers so wide open that even Homer's grandma can complete the pass . UWF has to slow down the run with good play from their DL.
    WF DL and LBs are pretty good, I would say as good if not better than IUP DL. Depending on how the DC handle Lenny, will determine the outcome of the game. It will be the best game out of the two and I'm hoping IUP win for PSAC. Can't wait to see it at 12:00.

Nothing like an armchair Lombardi to liven up the room. IUP is 13-0 and has beaten EVERY team in front of them including EVERY ranked team, most of the games haven't even been close. Has there been some in game decisions to question, sure but this team has been prepared to play each and every week and they will be prepared to play this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Nothing like an armchair Lombardi to liven up the room. IUP is 13-0 and has beaten EVERY team in front of them including EVERY ranked team, most of the games haven't even been close. Has there been some in game decisions to question, sure but this team has been prepared to play each and every week and they will be prepared to play this week.
    BallHawkin I want IUP to win as well, but I don't want them thinking it's going to be a cake walk. WF dominated the whole game last week, it wasn't even a question who was going to win that game. IUP will need to do there thing and do it well. PSAC has battle tested IUP, they've seen the powering RB, fast receivers, strong DL, good corners, some of the best OL, so to say they have not been battle tested is wrong. They say they are the SEC of DII, maybe because they are from the South. Saturday at 12, from the first series we will be able to tell who's for real. Looking forward to a great game. Go IUP and represent PSAC well. Coaches; This game is simple, don't try to over complicate it with your stupid calls and play the best players.

BallHawkin I want IUP to win as well, but I don't want them thinking it's going to be a cake walk. WF dominated the whole game last week, it wasn't even a question who was going to win that game. IUP will need to do there thing and do it well. PSAC has battle tested IUP, they've seen the powering RB, fast receivers, strong DL, good corners, some of the best OL, so to say they have not been battle tested is wrong. They say they are the SEC of DII, maybe because they are from the South. Saturday at 12, from the first series we will be able to tell who's for real. Looking forward to a great game. Go IUP and represent PSAC well. Coaches; This game is simple, don't try to over complicate it with your stupid calls and play the best players.
    What in the world makes you think for a second that IUP thinks this is going to be a cake walk? They are one game away from playing for a national championship and if they had the attitude that the playoffs are going to be a "cake walk", I guarantee they would already be sitting at home. Also, if you are going to base the first series off of who is for real, IUP would be on the short end of that almost every week this season because they have a habit of starting slow... no better example of that was with the mercyhurst game that you got to see first hand.

Don't get me wrong, nothing you are saying is wrong but at the same time nothing has ever been said or done to suggest IUP thinks this is going to be a cake walk either.

You would also gain a little more credibility if you gave specific examples instead of throwing a blanket statement of "making stupid calls".
    Last edited by IUPAlumn91; 12-07-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPAlumn91 View Post
    You would also gain a little more credibility if you gave specific examples instead of throwing a blanket statement of "making stupid calls".
    Nah...we've seen enough to know there's no real credibility there. Mostly just talking out of his backside. Probably related to Homer.

20. Default Re: Week 15 Pick 'Em

Bro youre a breath of fresh air. If they make Lenny throw IUP is finished. 350 yards on the ground allowed then to squeeze a win and control the clock. Assumption pass game showed that secondary can be had when the pass rush is slowed down

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast