Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call for Game Attendance - Texas A&M Commerce v. Harding

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Roll Call for Game Attendance - Texas A&M Commerce v. Harding

Game Attendance for the game this weekend.

Post if you will be there and what attendance numbers will be.

Default Re: Roll Call for Game Attendance - Texas A&M Commerce v. Harding

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Price View Post

Capacity is 11,582. I expect it to be sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Price View Post

I may make it ;)

Yea, I think this one may get insane attendance wise. I've never seen a buzz like this around the program, and Harding has a big alumni base in the Dallas area. I personally know 20+ Harding alumni coming. There are also TAMC alum coming that I've never even seen interested before.

If that's a sign for what's coming, it should be pretty packed.

Will be there with enough gumbo for anyone that is hungry. Would not be shocked at all if attendance pushes 15k. A lot of people in the area geographically with no ties that will show up to watch good football.

Expecting a big crowd and a great tailgating atmosphere. Better get there early!

The capacity is 13,500. 10,000 on the west side, 3,500 on the east side. They did a butt in bleacher count Back in 2010 and that is what they got. I have no idea where they got that 11,582 number, because before they rebuilt the East side, the capacity was 10,000 (just ask anyone who attended Forney VS. Commerce High School in 2001 in the Region II Title Game, it was a total sellout of 10,000.) They east side added 3,500 seats. With the Tarp Banners on the far sides of the East Side, it may have cut it down quite a bit, but I have no idea, my guess is that might be where they got that number from.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLionWire View Post
    The capacity is 13,500. 10,000 on the west side, 3,500 on the east side. They did a butt in bleacher count Back in 2010 and that is what they got. I have no idea where they got that 11,582 number, because before they rebuilt the East side, the capacity was 10,000 (just ask anyone who attended Forney VS. Commerce High School in 2001 in the Region II Title Game, it was a total sellout of 10,000.) They east side added 3,500 seats. With the Tarp Banners on the far sides of the East Side, it may have cut it down quite a bit, but I have no idea, my guess is that might be where they got that number from.
    the 11,582 number is post the east side edition. They expanded the West reserve seating and lost an equal amount of seats to those "added" for reserve. one row of Reserve seating takes up 2 rows of standard seats. Also, the line for tickets is consistently 15 deep at the box office all day so far.
    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 12-04-2017 at 03:58 PM.

There will be 2 of us going to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    There will be 2 of us going to the game.
    In the "Commerce run" thread is a link to a map of our tailgating spot. Make sure to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    In the "Commerce run" thread is a link to a map of our tailgating spot. Make sure to stop by.
    Thank You. We will come see you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLionWire View Post
    Ryan Ivey told me back in the day the 10,000 home side is actually not right. Can't remember the actual number but it was a bit less after they looked into it.

Butts in 2017 may be bigger than they were in the 50's

Quote Originally Posted by lionfan View Post
    ryan ivey told me back in the day the 10,000 home side is actually not right. Can't remember the actual number but it was a bit less after they looked into it.

butts in 2017 may be bigger than they were in the 50's
    hahahahaha

What is the tailgating situation for visiting fans? Any specific area y'all would recommend to get in? I saw on the game page you could get reserved spots but assumed those were given home team priority.

There are a few parking lot areas East of the stadium and up the hill that I've seen the few opposition tailgates happening in. Pretty much they let you set up where you want up there.

Quote Originally Posted by codeblack View Post
    What is the tailgating situation for visiting fans? Any specific area y'all would recommend to get in? I saw on the game page you could get reserved spots but assumed those were given home team priority.
    Look at the linked map. Blue areas are parking. Ive seen opponent tailgating in areas 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5. Area 5 will probably be your best bet next weekend due to the very large crowd expected.
    http://www.tamuc.edu/campusLife/hous...ampus-map.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Look at the linked map. Blue areas are parking. Ive seen opponent tailgating in areas 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5. Area 5 will probably be your best bet next weekend due to the very large crowd expected.
    http://www.tamuc.edu/campusLife/hous...ampus-map.aspx
    Agreed. 5 will probably be best bet, although the way things are sounding, you may end up further out than that.

Buddy of mine is a season ticket holder and called this morning to reserve his seat before they were opened up to public and they ended up having to put him on a call back list. There are so many people calling for tickets they can't keep up right now. I counted up this morning and I know 24 Harding fans that already bought tickets. I also saw online that the 2,000 student tickets are expected to be gone by end of day.

Pretty awesome.

If it's standing room only, it won't bother me much. Not likely to stop selling tickets if all seats are sold, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    If it's standing room only, it won't bother me much. Not likely to stop selling tickets if all seats are sold, right?
    Honestly, I have no idea. I'm not sure we've ever come across this "problem" before lol But there's plenty of standing room

Yeah. I see it's 10,000 capacity. Henderson State is 9,600. We have had crowds above 12,000 when the Battle of the Ravine is played. Lots of fun when a good crowd shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    Agreed. 5 will probably be best bet, although the way things are sounding, you may end up further out than that.

Buddy of mine is a season ticket holder and called this morning to reserve his seat before they were opened up to public and they ended up having to put him on a call back list. There are so many people calling for tickets they can't keep up right now. I counted up this morning and I know 24 Harding fans that already bought tickets. I also saw online that the 2,000 student tickets are expected to be gone by end of day.

Pretty awesome.
    I went over to the office to pick up my season tix. They had 3 windows open just to give away the free student tickets and the line was 20-30 minute wait. Unreal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast