Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commerce run

Contribute to D2

Default Commerce run

In the playoffs, Commerce went on the road and beat 3 teams with a combined 35-1 record. 2 of them fairly handily.

Defense pitched a shut out in the 2nd half against CWU, and then held Min-Mankato to 35 net yards on the ground in the 2nd half of a game that was tied well into the 4th quarter, allowing just a field goal.

Astounding. Who says LSC doesn't play defense?

Also, I plan to set up a tailgate before next weeks game. I think the "assigned" tailgate spots are sold out, so I might set it up in one of the upper parking lot areas. Will be bringing my famous smoked brisket, red potato salad, baked beans, and the usual other stuff. If you post on this board and plan to attend the game consider this a personal invite. Details to follow later in the week. Hope to see some of you there.
    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 12-03-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Commerce run

Kris Ferguson (D2Football) with the CIAA and I should be there at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    In the playoffs, Commerce went on the road and beat 3 teams with a combined 35-1 record. 2 of them fairly handily.

Defense pitched a shut out in the 2nd half against CWU, and then held Min-Mankato to 35 net yards on the ground in the 2nd half of a game that was tied well into the 4th quarter, allowing just a field goal.

Also, I plan to set up a tailgate before next weeks game. I think the "assigned" tailgate spots are sold out, so I might set it up in one of the upper parking lot areas. Will be bringing my famous smoked brisket, red potato salad, baked beans, and the usual other stuff. If you post on this board and plan to attend the game consider this a personal invite. Details to follow later in the week. Hope to see some of you there.
    Man, if I still lived in Northeast Texas I would definitely be there. Been a Lion fan since junior high.

You realize this may be the opportunity for Carthel to bolt after season.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Man, if I still lived in Northeast Texas I would definitely be there. Been a Lion fan since junior high.

You realize this may be the opportunity for Carthel to bolt after season.
    He cant leave till April. Unless the NCAA lets him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    He cant leave till April. Unless the NCAA lets him.
    The hiring school would have to notify the NCAA and agree to certain stipulations. I have never heard that a coach can't leave, and be hired by another institution, under these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    The hiring school would have to notify the NCAA and agree to certain stipulations. I have never heard that a coach can't leave, and be hired by another institution, under these circumstances.
    Yes, and the current stipulations havent seem to have slowed him down.

Im pretty sure there is already a "Carthel is leaving Commerce" thread somewhere. We dont need 2. lol.

Im pretty sure there is already a "Carthel is leaving Commerce" thread somewhere. We dont need 2. lol.
    Im going to start a third in your honor!

Commerce WILL win the NC!

I am sure going to try to make this game. I have a couple of players I know on this team and havent made it to a game this season.

10. Default Re: Commerce run

It is going to be a great atmosphere with all the rest of us down in the main tailgate area. Get one of those spots and join us. I bet there are still spots available. Contact Taryn Driver or Taylor Phelps.

Enjoy the run Commerce/ ETSU fans! Good luck and rooting for you to win it all!

Only wish I lived a "few" hours closer to Commerce and I'd go to this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by has been View Post
    It is going to be a great atmosphere with all the rest of us down in the main tailgate area. Get one of those spots and join us. I bet there are still spots available. Contact Taryn Driver or Taylor Phelps.
    I did get one in the main area. #26 on this map: http://lionathletics.com/sports/2015...g%20Rules.aspx

As I said earlier, there will be brisket and other stuff. Anyone who is a member on the board, consider this your invite to join us before the game. Hope to see several of you!

Wish I lived closer, would be a great game to watch!

I did get one in the main area. #26 on this map: http://lionathletics.com/sports/2015...g%20Rules.aspx

As I said earlier, there will be brisket and other stuff. Anyone who is a member on the board, consider this your invite to join us before the game. Hope to see several of you!
    What time are you setting up? I'll try to come say hello

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    What time are you setting up? I'll try to come say hello
    Whenever they let us. I expect it to be between 11:30 and noon. Hope to see you. Ill be the long haired dude slicing brisket. lol.

Unless they just don't play well and choke, I can't think of any way possible Harding knocks them off. It would seem that the best teams are already out of the way based on who is left in the field of 4.

Whenever they let us. I expect it to be between 11:30 and noon. Hope to see you. Ill be the long haired dude slicing brisket. lol.
    I believe they are opening tailgating at 9:30

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    I believe they are opening tailgating at 9:30
    Then I should be ready to go by 10:30 or so. Hope to see you, we havent even met yet.

Blog Entries

Then I should be ready to go by 10:30 or so. Hope to see you, we havent even met yet.
    Let me know if you want to come by. I may tag along with LionFan, if he will let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Price View Post
    Let me know if you want to come by. I may tag along with LionFan, if he will let me.

Come on by - you do not want to miss my brisket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast