Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commerce run

Default Re: Commerce run

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    In the playoffs, Commerce went on the road and beat 3 teams with a combined 35-1 record. 2 of them fairly handily.

Defense pitched a shut out in the 2nd half against CWU, and then held Min-Mankato to 35 net yards on the ground in the 2nd half of a game that was tied well into the 4th quarter, allowing just a field goal.

Astounding. Who says LSC doesn't play defense?

Also, I plan to set up a tailgate before next weeks game. I think the "assigned" tailgate spots are sold out, so I might set it up in one of the upper parking lot areas. Will be bringing my famous smoked brisket, red potato salad, baked beans, and the usual other stuff. If you post on this board and plan to attend the game consider this a personal invite. Details to follow later in the week. Hope to see some of you there.
    Three thoughts:

1) I hope Commerce wins it all. I think they have an outstanding team and IMO the QB should have been 1st team AA
    2) Last I checked, the Minn St game was 21-21 well into the 4th qtr. Its quite a stretch to say the game was won fairly handily.
    3) I hope bad karma from #48 doesn't hurt a quality team like this. Yelling up into the home stands last week right after the hand shake line "Ya'll can go home. Get the F### out!" Classless move by an individual on a great team. Crowd as pretty somber, so I don't know why he would randomly shout that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanman1967 View Post
    Three thoughts:

1) I hope Commerce wins it all. I think they have an outstanding team and IMO the QB should have been 1st team AA
    2) Last I checked, the Minn St game was 21-21 well into the 4th qtr. Its quite a stretch to say the game was won fairly handily.
    3) I hope bad karma from #48 doesn't hurt a quality team like this. Yelling up into the home stands last week right after the hand shake line "Ya'll can go home. Get the F### out!" Classless move by an individual on a great team. Crowd as pretty somber, so I don't know why he would randomly shout that out.
    He couldn’t possibly have picked that up at Baylor!

Three thoughts:

Maybe a fan mouthed off at him. Fans are usually pretty brave from the stands.

Blog Entries

Come on by - you do not want to miss my brisket.
    Make sure to yell at me if you see me meandering around the tailgate area.

Come on by - you do not want to miss my brisket.
    Hope it goes well for y’all this Saturday. I would really like to see the Lions playing for a National Championship. That being said, I have a lot of friends and relatives that went to Harding. Two that played for Harding. My cousin was team Physician until he retired.

So, if Harding wins I’ll be good with that too.

Blog Entries

If Commerce continues to play this month like they did in the second half of their game against CWU, then no one can beat them. Very good team. Much respect.

7. Default Re: Commerce run

Three thoughts:

Where did this info come from(3)?

8. Default Re: Commerce run

Quote Originally Posted by ETLion View Post
    Where did this info come from(3)?
    From my eyes/ears or anyone sitting near mid field. Was discussed by many at a meal after the game.
    One idiot doesn't ruin the great play Commerce has shown in the playoffs. Good luck in the Natty

From my eyes/ears or anyone sitting near mid field. Was discussed by many at a meal after the game.
    One idiot doesn't ruin the great play Commerce has shown in the playoffs. Good luck in the Natty
    Sounds right. He had a mouth & attitude for 4 years at Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Why did he leave Baylor? I don't remember

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Fight with a girlfriend that got physical in some way. She ended up with a broken finger.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Fight with a girlfriend that got physical in some way. She ended up with a broken finger.
    Sounds like a quality individual.

13. Default Re: Commerce run

Really? This is the sad part of faceless message boards. You get beat by a better team and you jump in their forum and try to appear complimentary then make up a story to run down a player, that I'm sure you googled, as one last parting shot. His name is Travon Blanchard. He was a Thorpe Award Semifinalist at Baylor in 2016 and was, as you obviously noticed, a key factor in shouting the MSU offense down. I was standing within 10 feet of him as he said "Ya'll can go home now" as he looked at obviously dejected MSU fans sitting behind the visitors bench(why?). I'm sure it hurt but don't attack a players character because your feelings got hurt. That's cowardly. The game is next week on ESPN 2. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    He assaulted his GF multiple times. He was arrested last July and charged. Baylor suspended him. He threatened to leave Baylor if they didnt remove the suspension in August. They didn't.

So he walked on at TAMUC because of course no one at TAMUC could attempt to recruit him or even talk to him as that would be an infraction of NCAA rules.

He should have a DII natty ring long before he has to face his legal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by ETLion View Post
    Really? This is the sad part of faceless message boards. You get beat by a better team and you jump in their forum and try to appear complimentary then make up a story to run down a player, that I'm sure you googled, as one last parting shot. His name is Travon Blanchard. He was a Thorpe Award Semifinalist at Baylor in 2016 and was, as you obviously noticed, a key factor in shouting the MSU offense down. I was standing within 10 feet of him as he said "Ya'll can go home now" as he looked at obviously dejected MSU fans sitting behind the visitors bench(why?). I'm sure it hurt but don't attack a players character because your feelings got hurt. That's cowardly. The game is next week on ESPN 2. Enjoy.
    You both seem to agree he taunted the MSU fans. Your disagreement is whether he added the expletive at the end? With or without an expletive it was a tacky thing to say, adding insult to injury.

Anyway, A player who repeatedly beats up his girl friend (3 police reports) probably has bigger character issues than whether he used a four letter word while taunting opposing fans.
    Last edited by catatonic; 12-10-2017 at 07:41 AM.

16. Default Re: Commerce run

"MSU fans sitting behind the visitors bench", could it be possible they were talking smack during the game? maybe bringing up Baylor?
    you have to know both sides of the story. now i don't know... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    You both seem to agree he taunted the MSU fans. Your disagreement is whether he added the expletive at the end? With or without an expletive it was a tacky thing to say, adding insult to injury.

Anyway, A player who repeatedly beats up his girl friend (3 police reports) probably has bigger character issues than whether he used a four letter word while taunting opposing fans.
    The latest Commerce bandwagon fans are incapable and or choose not to see from your perspective; they are just intoxicatingly enjoying their team's on field success.

Quote Originally Posted by marvda1 View Post
    "MSU fans sitting behind the visitors bench", could it be possible they were talking smack during the game? maybe bringing up Baylor?
    you have to know both sides of the story. now i don't know... just saying.
    Would you venture to guess if this guy uses profanity when beating his women? "Now I don't know....just saying."

Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    Would you venture to guess if this guy uses profanity when beating his women? "Now I don't know....just saying."
    Could it be possible she talked smack to him and deserved a beating?

Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    The latest Commerce bandwagon fans are incapable and or choose not to see from your perspective; they are just intoxicatingly enjoying their team's on field success.
    Im not going to debate his past actions. If they are what is reported they are inexcusable. Of note, though, is that both he and Buck Wilson sat out the Harding game. I havent heard the reasons. I suppose it could be for that sort of behavior after the Mankato game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast