Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Contribute to D2

Default NC Game Attendance Predictions

Now that we know who the final four teams are, anyone care to venture a guess what the attendance for the NC game will be? Will it top 10,000 or will it be closer to 5,000? Which of the four possible matchups will produce the best gate?

Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

If it snows numbers could be lower "if" UWF secures a spot much warmer in PECOLA Watching ESPN...

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Now that we know who the final four teams are, anyone care to venture a guess what the attendance for the NC game will be? Will it top 10,000 or will it be closer to 5,000? Which of the four possible matchups will produce the best gate?
    Probably 6000 if I had to guess.

3200 on the low end, up to 5,400 depending on the matchups. I think Harding vs West Florida brings a really small crowd.

One of the selling points of moving the game to KC was the glut of local football fans that would go to the game regardless of who was playing. How many locals with no rooting interest do you suppose will be in attendance?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Probably 6000 if I had to guess.
    I agree with Brandon. Probably around 6k

One of the selling points of moving the game to KC was the glut of local football fans that would go to the game regardless of who was playing. How many locals with no rooting interest do you suppose will be in attendance?

I don't think locals seem to care, nothing on the local news or in local papers last year.

I think having road teams advance hurts the attendance. Home game after home game builds the fervor. IUP could bring a big group. W. Florida, being a road team for weeks and a relatively new program and so far away, I think will bring maybe 500 to 800.

I know the first year, there were a lot of fans there who weren't there for either team, but CSU-P brought a really small crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Swarm View Post
    I don't think locals seem to care, nothing on the local news or in local papers last year.
    Were you looking at the Florence paper or something? I'm pretty sure that when NW is in a title game it's covered bY radio, TV, newspapers. The storm was bad and kept people away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    Were you looking at the Florence paper or something? I'm pretty sure that when NW is in a title game it's covered bY radio, TV, newspapers. The storm was bad and kept people away.
    Nope, just watched the TV KC News at the hotel in downtown Kansas City, and read the Kansas City Star. I didn't see anything other than a blurb deep inside on Sunday. Our Paper had excellent coverage, a reporter and photographer was there the entire trip.

Average Home Attendance:

TAMUC - 8270
    West Florida - 5119
    Harding - 3440
    IUP - 2372

Most D2 teams struggle to get their local community to support them, why anyone thinks fans with no affiliation to 2 random D2 teams are going to go watch a game anywhere in the country is beyond me. It's simply now in a more centralized location in a city that can accommodate lodging, provide entertainment, and host the game in an amazing facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
    Most D2 teams struggle to get their local community to support them, why anyone thinks fans with no affiliation to 2 random D2 teams are going to go watch a game anywhere in the country is beyond me. It's simply now in a more centralized location in a city that can accommodate lodging, provide entertainment, and host the game in an amazing facility.
    And one that does have that support is likely cutting football.... I think the D2 schools in smaller towns likely get more local support, as there is less to do on a Saturday afternoon especially if you don't have any D1 programs nearby. Even where I live now, where they now estimate over 300k people, the closest D1 program is over 2 hours away and mostly 2-lane roads.

Nope, just watched the TV KC News at the hotel in downtown Kansas City, and read the Kansas City Star. I didn't see anything other than a blurb deep inside on Sunday. Our Paper had excellent coverage, a reporter and photographer was there the entire trip.
    Pretty sure that the disappointment has clouded your memory. It was covered by all the local TV channels and newspaper.

What I do remember most is all of the UNA fans, led by their athletic director refusing to come out and participate in the Pep Rally that the NCAA put on for both schools. Instead they sat in the bar about 100’ away.

The Star does their weekend preview stuff on Thursdays, but here was a story from the night before.

http://www.d2football.com/viewnews.php?id=30378

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Average Home Attendance:

TAMUC - 8270
    West Florida - 5119
    Harding - 3440
    IUP - 2372
    If Harding wins, you're looking at 1,800 fans between the two schools.

As of today, the cheapest round trip flight from Pensacola to Kansas City is $277. Curious how much it changes in a week.
    Last edited by UNALions; 12-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.

I plan on attending. I have a 2.5 hour drive.

20. Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

I’m thinking TAMUC vs IUP in the final.
    4600 in (actual) attendance with 3700 TAMUC fans. 45-24 TAMUC for their first Natty.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast