Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: NC Game Attendance Predictions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    11,012
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    68993

    Default NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Now that we know who the final four teams are, anyone care to venture a guess what the attendance for the NC game will be? Will it top 10,000 or will it be closer to 5,000? Which of the four possible matchups will produce the best gate?

  2. #2

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    If it snows numbers could be lower "if" UWF secures a spot much warmer in PECOLA Watching ESPN...

  3. #3

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Now that we know who the final four teams are, anyone care to venture a guess what the attendance for the NC game will be? Will it top 10,000 or will it be closer to 5,000? Which of the four possible matchups will produce the best gate?
    Probably 6000 if I had to guess.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,032
    Rep Power
    39249

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    3200 on the low end, up to 5,400 depending on the matchups. I think Harding vs West Florida brings a really small crowd.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    11,012
    Rep Power
    68993

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    One of the selling points of moving the game to KC was the glut of local football fans that would go to the game regardless of who was playing. How many locals with no rooting interest do you suppose will be in attendance?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    769
    Blog Entries
    109
    Rep Power
    12621

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Probably 6000 if I had to guess.
    I agree with Brandon. Probably around 6k

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    8,434
    Rep Power
    69749

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    One of the selling points of moving the game to KC was the glut of local football fans that would go to the game regardless of who was playing. How many locals with no rooting interest do you suppose will be in attendance?
    127.3

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florence, AL
    Posts
    5,217
    Rep Power
    58401

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    I don't think locals seem to care, nothing on the local news or in local papers last year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,032
    Rep Power
    39249

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    One of the selling points of moving the game to KC was the glut of local football fans that would go to the game regardless of who was playing. How many locals with no rooting interest do you suppose will be in attendance?
    I think having road teams advance hurts the attendance. Home game after home game builds the fervor. IUP could bring a big group. W. Florida, being a road team for weeks and a relatively new program and so far away, I think will bring maybe 500 to 800.

    I know the first year, there were a lot of fans there who weren't there for either team, but CSU-P brought a really small crowd.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,032
    Rep Power
    39249

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Swarm View Post
    I don't think locals seem to care, nothing on the local news or in local papers last year.
    Were you looking at the Florence paper or something? I'm pretty sure that when NW is in a title game it's covered bY radio, TV, newspapers. The storm was bad and kept people away.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florence, AL
    Posts
    5,217
    Rep Power
    58401

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    Were you looking at the Florence paper or something? I'm pretty sure that when NW is in a title game it's covered bY radio, TV, newspapers. The storm was bad and kept people away.
    Nope, just watched the TV KC News at the hotel in downtown Kansas City, and read the Kansas City Star. I didn't see anything other than a blurb deep inside on Sunday. Our Paper had excellent coverage, a reporter and photographer was there the entire trip.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    78110

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Average Home Attendance:

    TAMUC - 8270
    West Florida - 5119
    Harding - 3440
    IUP - 2372

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    8,434
    Rep Power
    69749

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Swarm View Post
    I don't think locals seem to care, nothing on the local news or in local papers last year.
    Most D2 teams struggle to get their local community to support them, why anyone thinks fans with no affiliation to 2 random D2 teams are going to go watch a game anywhere in the country is beyond me. It's simply now in a more centralized location in a city that can accommodate lodging, provide entertainment, and host the game in an amazing facility.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    90 miles outside Wildcat Country
    Posts
    12,803
    Rep Power
    181661

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
    Most D2 teams struggle to get their local community to support them, why anyone thinks fans with no affiliation to 2 random D2 teams are going to go watch a game anywhere in the country is beyond me. It's simply now in a more centralized location in a city that can accommodate lodging, provide entertainment, and host the game in an amazing facility.
    And one that does have that support is likely cutting football.... I think the D2 schools in smaller towns likely get more local support, as there is less to do on a Saturday afternoon especially if you don't have any D1 programs nearby. Even where I live now, where they now estimate over 300k people, the closest D1 program is over 2 hours away and mostly 2-lane roads.

  15. #15

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Swarm View Post
    Nope, just watched the TV KC News at the hotel in downtown Kansas City, and read the Kansas City Star. I didn't see anything other than a blurb deep inside on Sunday. Our Paper had excellent coverage, a reporter and photographer was there the entire trip.
    Pretty sure that the disappointment has clouded your memory. It was covered by all the local TV channels and newspaper.

    What I do remember most is all of the UNA fans, led by their athletic director refusing to come out and participate in the Pep Rally that the NCAA put on for both schools. Instead they sat in the bar about 100’ away.

  16. #16

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Swarm View Post
    Nope, just watched the TV KC News at the hotel in downtown Kansas City, and read the Kansas City Star. I didn't see anything other than a blurb deep inside on Sunday. Our Paper had excellent coverage, a reporter and photographer was there the entire trip.
    The Star does their weekend preview stuff on Thursdays, but here was a story from the night before.

    http://www.d2football.com/viewnews.php?id=30378

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,032
    Rep Power
    39249

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Average Home Attendance:

    TAMUC - 8270
    West Florida - 5119
    Harding - 3440
    IUP - 2372
    If Harding wins, you're looking at 1,800 fans between the two schools.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    78110

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    As of today, the cheapest round trip flight from Pensacola to Kansas City is $277. Curious how much it changes in a week.
    Last edited by UNALions; 12-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,673
    Rep Power
    132505

    Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    I plan on attending. I have a 2.5 hour drive.

  20. Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

    I’m thinking TAMUC vs IUP in the final.
    4600 in (actual) attendance with 3700 TAMUC fans. 45-24 TAMUC for their first Natty.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •