Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    I thought they were dead.
    They're not? I need to search deadoralive.com to be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Last time I attended a game at Miller Stadium ( several yrs back ) the cost was $10 to get in. For a cash strapped school one
    would think every dollar is important and they would have ticket takers & sellers at every entrance point. Even though Indiana
    is a small rural town, you never know if some wacko might bring something in through an open access point to do evil with.
    Might be people are afraid and stay away from an unsecured event or just feel $10 is too high too pay.
    $10 is not too much and if anyone thinks so they shouldn't be going to a collegiate football game. And even "secured" D2 stadiums rarely have metal detectors or do searches of bags (except for NCAA requirements).

Honestly, a little more security up front is what you would want at any game. All it would take is just one full blown terrorist or lone wolf nutjob see that spot would be a target rich environment for them to do whatever they would want to do and all it would take is a little planning on their part to get their moment of fame. A bag check at least gives them something to pause about, and if it keeps some super senior from sneaking in a six pack of Natty Lite in to drink during the game, so be it.

Don't worry IUP doesn't travel well. The only thing in Indiana, Pa is the school and a couple of gas stations. The biggest employer is the school and educators usually aren't fans and students don't support the school. Its a dead area and the school continues to loose students every year.

Translation: I’m a bitter Gannon fan and my team is a bunch of thugs and coached by a douche who like to talk a lot on the field even when we are down to IUP 35-0.

My little Catholic. Reformatory school has a junior high school football stadium and we will never win.

Don't worry IUP doesn't travel well. The only thing in Indiana, Pa is the school and a couple of gas stations. The biggest employer is the school and educators usually aren't fans and students don't support the school. Its a dead area and the school continues to loose students every year.

This clown is officially nominated for Moron of the Year on this message board. Complete idiot. Professional troll. Professional ignorant P.O.S. Life of the angry, dissapointed Gannon fan ... Wonder if the GLIAC would take them back?

Ironic to make fun of IUP. IUP has a Top 3 basketball arena in all D2. Gannon's basketball 'gym' is a combination food court / gymnasium built about 100 years ago (and hold your breath you aren't mugged walking to it) and the football 'stadium' is a combination football field / baseball field / soccer field / one-big-empty-bleacher. Miller Stadium isn't great ... but it has one thing Gannon never will ... a winning tradition.

The other points about Indiana aren't even worth talking about they are so far-fetched.

Keep cheering for that thug football team, pal. They make your school look great. That's the biggest collection of wasted talent in the whole NCAA -- all levels.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-06-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Honestly, a little more security up front is what you would want at any game. All it would take is just one full blown terrorist or lone wolf nutjob see that spot would be a target rich environment for them to do whatever they would want to do and all it would take is a little planning on their part to get their moment of fame. A bag check at least gives them something to pause about, and if it keeps some super senior from sneaking in a six pack of Natty Lite in to drink during the game, so be it.
    Yeah, I don't disagree with you as there's always room for tighter security. That said, we're all sitting ducks just about anywhere if God forbid something should go down. This is why I have been a concealed carry permit holder for most of my adult life. I know some don't agree with that, but it's something I feel strongly about. The last thing you'd ever want to do is use force, but I also couldn't fathom being completely helpless should I end up in a situation. Think about the thousands of sporting events that happen across the country that attract hundreds of thousands of fans. To your point, maybe just having a few people there "checking" folks on the way in would be enough of a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Translation: I’m a bitter Gannon fan and my team is a bunch of thugs and coached by a douche who like to talk a lot on the field even when we are down to IUP 35-0.

My little Catholic. Reformatory school has a junior high school football stadium and we will never win.
    Real translation: I live in Texas and never attended Gannon but truth be told IUPNation is the biggest idiot on the boards. He is a
    Catholic hater who can't stand any success by any team other than his pukey IUP. What a joke that school is they couldn't even come up with an original name. The real clown is IUPNation read his posts on the PSAC board and with over 78,000 posts he must be unemployed with that "basket weaving" degree from punk town U.

Real translation: I live in Texas and never attended Gannon but truth be told IUPNation is the biggest idiot on the boards. He is a
    Catholic hater who can't stand any success by any team other than his pukey IUP. What a joke that school is they couldn't even come up with an original name. The real clown is IUPNation read his posts on the PSAC board and with over 78,000 posts he must be unemployed with that "basket weaving" degree from punk town U.

Waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa
    Waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa

Grow up man. This is the kind of childish garbage that a teenager would write.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Grow up man. This is the kind of childish garbage that a teenager would write.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or IUPNation.

Sorry...couldn't resist! Hahahaha!

I think it's going to be fair weather this year at Children's Mercy Park during the game. around 50 degrees and no precipitation expected.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Or IUPNation.

Sorry...couldn't resist! Hahahaha!

I smack down you sad haters.

He was obviously trolling. I like pissing off the IUP hater trolls. It’s easy to do.

He was obviously trolling. I like pissing off the IUP hater trolls. It’s easy to do.
    I thought you smacked down the Dallas Cowgirls and the Midgets!

Let me give you a bit of a reality check. Nation doesn't hate Catholics, but he is slow to trust them since he grew up in a catholic school and was treated like crap by people of faith his whole life. I am a Christian, and Nation and I have come to be relatively good friends but I had to earn his trust. I respect him, and I have gotten to know him. He has a very good job, and earns enough to support a disabled individual. Yes, he is certainly abrasive and says things that I wouldn't. But I can honestly say that in several ways I wish I could be more like him.

And as far as bashing IUP, that's just silly. And it's equally as silly for those who have bashed Gannon. We should be supporting other PSAC programs.

So if you're annoyed by Nation, take the time to get to know him. It will pay off in the long run.

15. Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

One of the selling points of moving the game to KC was the glut of local football fans that would go to the game regardless of who was playing. How many locals with no rooting interest do you suppose will be in attendance?
    We've got a group of Bearcat Alum that will attend again, and will have been to every game to support it here in KC. This will be the first year we haven't had a suite, but we will be there regardless of the teams.
    Great venue and great brand of college football. I will be taking 'mental notes' to see how many MIAA fans attend- Pretty sad in past years - especially when MSU and CSP played. Mostly Bearcat fans. Get your colors on!

Choice between national championship football game or a trip to Jeff City to watch the Hornets and Lady Hornets play basketball against Lincoln? I think I'll be in KC.

Hahaha! You slap like a girl...not like a Ronda Rousey girl...more like a drunk Lindsay Lohan girl!!

Hahaha! You slap like a girl...not like a Ronda Rousey girl...more like a drunk Lindsay Lohan girl!!
    Are you claiming that you know the difference?

You seem to take the bait every time.

Quote Originally Posted by lsnwbearcat View Post
    We've got a group of Bearcat Alum that will attend again, and will have been to every game to support it here in KC. This will be the first year we haven't had a suite, but we will be there regardless of the teams.
    Great venue and great brand of college football. I will be taking 'mental notes' to see how many MIAA fans attend- Pretty sad in past years - especially when MSU and CSP played. Mostly Bearcat fans. Get your colors on!
    My stance is this.

1. Is Northwest there? If yes, I am going 100%.
    2. If #1 is No, how is the weather? If it is decent, I will go. If Northwest wasn't there last year, I would not have.

So far, I have been to every title game in KC. I was mildly disappointed the first year and really disappointed last year. Yea, it was cold and snowing, but Northwest was there...sheesh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast