Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MNXplorer View Post
    I’m thinking TAMUC vs IUP in the final.
    4600 in (actual) attendance with 3700 TAMUC fans. 45-24 TAMUC for their first Natty.
    I hope that prediction is right, although it would mean that CWU had to face the national champs and go to Double OT with them early in the playoffs. That could be worse than the 2009 loss to NWMSU for us fans as it again would mean the national title game was played in Ellensburg for the right to move on.

Looking at the extended forecast looks better than last year but a chance of snow mix starting that night and into Sunday. That may lower the attendance if TAMUC makes it, Texans and snow don’t mix.

3. Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Have been very impressed with TAMUC the last 3 weeks on the road.
    I think they beat either IUP or UWF, actually think UWF might give them a tougher battle (have not watched the two regional finals yet).
    Hope the finals allow both teams, whoever they are, to show their best.

Don't count on IUP last 2 PO at home drew only 1650 & 1985 seasonal temps but no snow :

Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Don't count on IUP last 2 PO at home drew only 1650 & 1985 seasonal temps but no snow :
    IUP attendance has been discussed this week in detail on the PSAC board, and consensus is the published numbers aren't nearly accurate. Actual number last weekend was closer to 3,500, which still isn't exactly killing it at the gate. IF IUP does make it to Kansas City, the team will get a pretty good following, not just by fans, but fans of other PSAC schools as well. At least that's how it was the last time IUP made it to the final. Granted, that was 1993 and it was in Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    IUP attendance has been discussed this week in detail on the PSAC board, and consensus is the published numbers aren't nearly accurate. Actual number last weekend was closer to 3,500, which still isn't exactly killing it at the gate. IF IUP does make it to Kansas City, the team will get a pretty good following, not just by fans, but fans of other PSAC schools as well. At least that's how it was the last time IUP made it to the final. Granted, that was 1993 and it was in Florence.
    How large is the stadium? I know that CWU's is 4k, but they can draw over 6k for games in a town of only 18k. The playoff game attendance count was more than the capacity of the stadium with people standing on the track, even on Thanksgiving weekend.

I think it seats somewhere around 14,000. Here is a photo from the 2016 NC game.

And 2015:

Can you find Brandon?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    I think it seats somewhere around 14,000. Here is a photo from the 2016 NC game.

And 2015:

Can you find Brandon?
    I can....and the two guys next to him look pretty familiar too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    How large is the stadium? I know that CWU's is 4k, but they can draw over 6k for games in a town of only 18k. The playoff game attendance count was more than the capacity of the stadium with people standing on the track, even on Thanksgiving weekend.
    Right now seating maxes out at about 4,000 because it's in the middle of a renovation and there are very small temporary bleachers on the visitors side. This has caused some overflow situations with a lot of people standing around the fence that surrounds the field. It's not a great situation for such a big game, but the bitter cold that's predicted will probably take care of that. That said, I just went online and bought my ticket and much of the section I sit in is already sold.

Don't worry IUP doesn't travel well. The only thing in Indiana, Pa is the school and a couple of gas stations. The biggest employer is the school and educators usually aren't fans and students don't support the school. Its a dead area and the school continues to loose students every year.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post

And 2015:

Can you find Brandon?
    No I can't find him, but that top one looks like football weather!

Here are a few additional photos of the stadium itself (from the 2015 NC).
    Let me know if these photos don't show up.

And here is an picture from one of the suites:

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    That's interesting - usually attendance numbers are inflated, not cut in half. Is there a theory why?

My theory -- nutshell version -- is they are only announcing the 'paid' attendance. As IUPNation said above, Miller Stadium is kind of notorious for not checking tickets. There are also about 6-7 different access points to get inside the stadium -- several don't even have ticket-takers or security. They aren't 'gates' per se, but access points. It was discussed in detail on the PSAC board but there are people who haven't paid for a ticket in years. The gates that do have people -- are usually gone by kickoff or shortly there after.

In the cash-strapped world of D2 sports ... it's pretty odd.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    My theory -- nutshell version -- is they are only announcing the 'paid' attendance. As IUPNation said above, Miller Stadium is kind of notorious for not checking tickets. There are also about 6-7 different access points to get inside the stadium -- several don't even have ticket-takers or security. They aren't 'gates' per se, but access points. It was discussed in detail on the PSAC board but there are people who haven't paid for a ticket in years. The gates that do have people -- are usually gone by kickoff or shortly there after.

In the cash-strapped world of D2 sports ... it's pretty odd.
    That is odd. Sounds like HS games around here are tougher to get into.

Last time I attended a game at Miller Stadium ( several yrs back ) the cost was $10 to get in. For a cash strapped school one
    would think every dollar is important and they would have ticket takers & sellers at every entrance point. Even though Indiana
    is a small rural town, you never know if some wacko might bring something in through an open access point to do evil with.
    Might be people are afraid and stay away from an unsecured event or just feel $10 is too high too pay.

18. Default Re: NC Game Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Last time I attended a game at Miller Stadium ( several yrs back ) the cost was $10 to get in. For a cash strapped school one
    would think every dollar is important and they would have ticket takers & sellers at every entrance point. Even though Indiana
    is a small rural town, you never know if some wacko might bring something in through an open access point to do evil with.
    Might be people are afraid and stay away from an unsecured event or just feel $10 is too high too pay.
    My understanding was that the NCAA controlled the ticket prices and the gate at the playoff games ($12.00). IUP had it's own price structure for reserved seats and general admission. Nobody was taking a ticket stubs or counting anything so no idea how they came up with that number. There seemed like many entry points and not many were manned. The place was pretty packed, thought the 1800+ was a joke. Maybe that's the number they used to pay the NCAA and kept the rest?

Valid point. What's funny is the week before the Beach Boys played at the basketball arena. The average age of patron was about 70 years old. It was like airport security ... metal detectors ... whole nine yards. Granted, the arena isn't managed by the athletic department.

The IUP process irritates a lot of people. Trust me. So many people just sneak in ... or really just walk in while others pay the marked up fees. IUP is famous in the PSAC for having double (if not more) the ticket prices of all other conference members.

Miller Stadium is a dump but we're used to it. The IUP basketball arena, conversely, is probably Top 3 in all D2 (and nicer than most smaller D1 programs).
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-05-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    is the week before the Beach Boys played at the basketball arena.
    I thought they were dead.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast