Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: Ferris State Bulldogs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Holly, Mi
    Posts
    871
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    11323

    Default Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris -69
    Findlay-68

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Huge Win for Ferris. See how they do in conference now. I think they are definitely the best in GLIAC but there are some decent teams that could put up a good fight.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris State -99
    Tiffin-83
    Drew Cushingberry with a double -double.

    Now 9-0 on the season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    5,779
    Rep Power
    28234

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    #5 Ferris 10-0 crushed #1 Ashland 91-57

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    What was Ashland #1 in? May be thinking of women's team.

    Regardless, I was impressed with how badly they beat what I thought was a good Ashland team. If I were being objective, I'd rate Ferris #1 in the region right now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    5,779
    Rep Power
    28234

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    What was Ashland #1 in? May be thinking of women's team.

    Regardless, I was impressed with how badly they beat what I thought was a good Ashland team. If I were being objective, I'd rate Ferris #1 in the region right now.
    Maybe it was #1 Findlay who they beat last week? Looking at Bulldog schedule I see them finishing 30-0. Are you aware they took MSU down to wire?
    at Michigan State L, 80-72
    Last edited by Bulldog; 12-05-2017 at 02:43 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Maybe it was #1 Findlay who they beat last week? Looking at Bulldog schedule I see them finishing 30-0. Are you aware they took MSU down to wire?
    at Michigan State L, 80-72
    Sure am. Undefeated is not out of the question for Ferris. LSSU looks like the toughest team they have left on the schedule. Road games against any of the better GLIAC teams are tough. I am very worried that I may have to make a trip to Big Rapids in March.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    5,779
    Rep Power
    28234

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Sure am. Undefeated is not out of the question for Ferris. LSSU looks like the toughest team they have left on the schedule. Road games against any of the better GLIAC teams are tough. I am very worried that I may have to make a trip to Big Rapids in March.
    Why are you worried?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Why are you worried?
    The key to advancing to the Elite Eight is getting the #1 seed and playing the regional at home, I am concerned that Ferris will run the table and get the #1 seed.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    The key to advancing to the Elite Eight is getting the #1 seed and playing the regional at home, I am concerned that Ferris will run the table and get the #1 seed.
    I would put BU @ 51% probability of hosting and Ferris at about 48% (I give Findlay the other 1%.) I think Ferris and BU have similar conference situations. They are definitely the front runners in their respective conferences. I also think the GLVC and GLIAC are pretty even this year. GLVC is somewhat down but there are still several road blocks which will prevent BU from going undefeated. Road games at Indy, USI, Truman, Rockhurst, WJ and McKendree (I can't believe I could actually type those last two!) should produce at least 2-3 losses. Likewise, Ferris has some tough games with Lake Superior, Wayne, Michigan Tech. I think though Ferris will only lose 2. I give the edge to BU mainly due to the recent success of the program aka Scotty Davenport. He's got the kind of players that he loves to coach this year and they are all used to winning. It may go down to the conference tourneys though to determine the #1 this year.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris is playing LSSU at LSSU on Saturday. May seem premature, but this is likely to be the game of the year in the GLIAC. If Ferris wins this game, they have a pretty good shot at going undefeated.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris lost to LSSU on Saturday. It looks like it will be nip and tuck all season for the #1 seed in the regional. Right now it looks like 4 teams in contention: Ferris, LSSU, Findlay, Bellarmine.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Ferris lost to LSSU on Saturday. It looks like it will be nip and tuck all season for the #1 seed in the regional. Right now it looks like 4 teams in contention: Ferris, LSSU, Findlay, Bellarmine.
    Ferris has at least one shot at LSSU again to make up for the loss. The next one is at home which is where the third match up will probably be if they play again in conference tourney. I still think Ferris will win the GLIAC regular season and vie with BU for #1 seed. If BU wins tonight against ranked Le Moyne the #1 seed will be theirs to lose for the rest of the season. Findlay still has a chance if BU and Ferris lose a few unexpected ones. Don't really see Findlay losing in the GMAC.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris State-80
    Wisconsin -Parkside -66

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Lssu not impressive. One dimensional just got pounded by the 60’yr old Dean of the MVC bruce Weber wannabe.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris State-86
    Wayne State -80

  17. #17

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris State -78
    Lake Superior -67

    Ferris avenges it's only loss on the season.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Ferris State -97
    Ashland -91
    OT

    25-1 for the year

  19. #19

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Looter View Post
    Ferris State -97
    Ashland -91
    OT

    25-1 for the year
    Wow...I was watching but turned it off when Ashland made the 3 with 2 second left in regulation to go up 3. I figured it was over.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Ferris State Bulldogs

    Peter Firlik hit a half court 3 pointer to force OT. I thought the game was over as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •