Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gorillas against Tech in Live United Bowl

Contribute to D2

Default Gorillas against Tech in Live United Bowl

Gorillas will roll. 42-14. Gameday, Dec. 2.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/ind...?path=football
    Last edited by Gorilla Guy; 11-15-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Default Re: Gorillas against Tech in Live United Bowl

Is pitt playing well offensively? Tech pretty good on D.

Good luck to Pitt and all the MIAA teams that are going bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Is pitt playing well offensively? Tech pretty good on D.
    They are playing well enough. They played Ft. Hays to a standstill in Hays before going on win streak. Roderique injury allowed LePage to come of age and show the kills and leadership he was recruited out of Jeff City for. Rose is as solid a runner as you will find anywhere, with occasional breakaway potential. Panko a dependable go-to receiver. Gorillas d has also stepped up, my sense is less blitzing meant less exposure of a weaker than most defensive backfield. Main thing is Pitt is a confident football team now, and that's bad news for the wonder boys.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Good luck to Pitt and all the MIAA teams that are going bowling
    And same to you! Should be a helluva game against Ashland.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Guy View Post
    They are playing well enough. They played Ft. Hays to a standstill in Hays before going on win streak. Roderique injury allowed LePage to come of age and show the kills and leadership he was recruited out of Jeff City for. Rose is as solid a runner as you will find anywhere, with occasional breakaway potential. Panko a dependable go-to receiver. Gorillas d has also stepped up, my sense is less blitzing meant less exposure of a weaker than most defensive backfield. Main thing is Pitt is a confident football team now, and that's bad news for the wonder boys.
    That's true. We may have taken all the wind out of their sails last week. I just hate that for them.. ha

That's true. We may have taken all the wind out of their sails last week. I just hate that for them.. ha
    Harding had an amazing comeback from a slow start as well this year. I'm pulling for the Bison.

Harding had an amazing comeback from a slow start as well this year. I'm pulling for the Bison.

I don't have any idea how the 2 teams will match up. I haven't seen, or even read anything about Ark Tech this season.

What O do they run? What D?

Pitt reinvented both a few games into the season. The best way to describe them on D is "multiple" They may have 3 down or 4, may have anywhere from 2-4 LB's in at a time.

That word fits the O, too, with a focus on physicality and pounding the ball. You'll see some read option spread, some speed option, some triple option, and evn some wishbone at one time this year.

Really looking forward to Armo doing a write up on it if he gets time.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Really looking forward to Armo doing a write up on it if he gets time.
    Oh, I think Armo will come through on that one as he always does. I believe he is seeing a low-scoring slugfest, not to put words into the mouth of such a capable wordsmith!

Let's GO TECH!!!! #FIGHTON

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I don't have any idea how the 2 teams will match up. I haven't seen, or even read anything about Ark Tech this season.

What O do they run? What D?

Pitt reinvented both a few games into the season. The best way to describe them on D is "multiple" They may have 3 down or 4, may have anywhere from 2-4 LB's in at a time.

That word fits the O, too, with a focus on physicality and pounding the ball. You'll see some read option spread, some speed option, some triple option, and evn some wishbone at one time this year.
    Had been really proficient in running the football before last Saturday. Normal modern stuff we see outta the gun nowadays. RPO a lot. Defense, I'm not sure. Looked like a bear against the triple sometimes, but I'm not sure if they're normally even or odd front.

They gave us all we could handle. Came out and hit us in the mouth and they were up 17-0, before we started coming back. Seems like they got kind of hot after that. Like always, Pitt should never be taken lightly.

Saw Tech against Ouachita, come away a lot more impressed with the Baptist. Tech just seems to me like the perennial under achiever. Go primates!

ATU's QB is Ty Reasnor who started his career at Emporia State. He was the guy that first replaced Brent Wilson when Wilson broke his collarbone in 2014. As a redshirt freshman he was MIAA Offensive Player of the Week in his first start when he went 30 of 37 for 196 yards and 3 TD against Lindenwood.
    The next week he was 9 of 19 for 103 yards with an interception and a lost fumble in a loss at Pitt State.
    The week after that the Hornets took the redshirt off Braxton Marstall in the second quarter down 21-0 to FHSU. Marstall led ESU to 21 second half points before falling 24-21. Marstall got the next start and led the Hornets to a win at MWSU.

Wilson came back for 2015 and Reasnor was his back up while Marstall redshirted. In the spring of 2016 they were in a battle for the starting spot that Marstall eventually won. Reasnor transferred late in the summer to ATU and has been their starter ever since.

They also have a LB named Seth Culp that played at ESU in 2014 before transferring to ATU. To use a Dick Vitale expression he was a real Dow Joneser - up and down. He'd have 14 tackles one game and none the next while getting burned for a TD. In that 2014 Pitt State game he had five tackles and a forced fumble - of course the fumble was recovered by Pitt eight yards downfield for a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    ATU's QB is Ty Reasnor who started his career at Emporia State. He was the guy that first replaced Brent Wilson when Wilson broke his collarbone in 2014. As a redshirt freshman he was MIAA Offensive Player of the Week in his first start when he went 30 of 37 for 196 yards and 3 TD against Lindenwood.
    The next week he was 9 of 19 for 103 yards with an interception and a lost fumble in a loss at Pitt State.
    The week after that the Hornets took the redshirt off Braxton Marstall in the second quarter down 21-0 to FHSU. Marstall led ESU to 21 second half points before falling 24-21. Marstall got the next start and led the Hornets to a win at MWSU.

Wilson came back for 2015 and Reasnor was his back up while Marstall redshirted. In the spring of 2016 they were in a battle for the starting spot that Marstall eventually won. Reasnor transferred late in the summer to ATU and has been their starter ever since.

They also have a LB named Seth Culp that played at ESU in 2014 before transferring to ATU. To use a Dick Vitale expression he was a real Dow Joneser - up and down. He'd have 14 tackles one game and none the next while getting burned for a TD. In that 2014 Pitt State game he had five tackles and a forced fumble - of course the fumble was recovered by Pitt eight yards downfield for a first down.
    Thanks for the info Hornetfan. Where did Reasoner go to high school?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate72 View Post
    They gave us all we could handle. Came out and hit us in the mouth and they were up 17-0, before we started coming back. Seems like they got kind of hot after that. Like always, Pitt should never be taken lightly.
    Not to mention they ended NW’s 38 game winning streak.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    Thanks for the info Hornetfan. Where did Reasoner go to high school?
    I believe he’s an OK kid....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    I believe he’s an OK kid....
    Yeah thanks. Just found out he's from Cashion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast