Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All-MIAA Team Announced

Contribute to D2

Default All-MIAA Team Announced

http://www.themiaa.com/news/2017/11/...?path=football

Nice to see Iheme and Shepherd get the unanimous selections and Shepherd earning Defensive player of the Year. I figure they will both end up as All-Americans. I figured Brandon Brown would be unanimous too, but he still recieves Special Teams player of the Year, he's a huge asset to this team. Also nice to see one of the workhorses Tyler Bacon get some recognition, albieit honorable mention, but he's led the team in receptions the past couple of years. 21 Tigers total, with Coach Brown receiving CoY honor. Not too shabby Congrats to all those who made the list!
    Last edited by Pirate72; 11-14-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

Default Re: All-MIAA Team Announced

What? No 2 QBs per team this year. Seriously, glad to see they are becoming normal in that regard. Glad to see some Bronchos get high recognition on the list especially Luper.

3. Default Re: All-MIAA Team Announced

**Edited w/K's & P's

288 starters in the MIAA. 160 got All-MIAA honors of some sort. Mathematically, It's harder NOT to make it.
    Last edited by bronchoforlife; 11-14-2017 at 11:58 AM.

I can't recall the last time NW didnt have someone on the 1st team offense. No one was deserving, but that's painful to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bronchoforlife View Post
    264 starters in the MIAA. 160 got All-MIAA honors of some sort. Mathematically, It's harder NOT to make it.

Agreed. I think they should go back to how they used to do it and eliminate the third team and just have first, second, and honorable mention.

Time once again for my annual post of how much of a joke the "congratulations you are better than just under half of the players in the conference" awards. 161 players named is 53.6% of the starters in the conference if you consider 22 + 1 K + 1 P + 1 KR/PR for 12 teams. Please get rid of the 3rd team. This would clean up honorable mention as well.

Zach Martin got benched in game 10 but someone from ESU and/or MSSU thought he was a top 3 QB in the conference. Richey being shutout is really surprising. He is a really good player that can play safety or CB equally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    Time once again for my annual post of how much of a joke the "congratulations you are better than just under half of the players in the conference" awards. 161 players named is 53.6% of the starters in the conference if you consider 22 + 1 K + 1 P + 1 KR/PR for 12 teams. Please get rid of the 3rd team. This would clean up honorable mention as well.

Zach Martin got benched in game 10 but someone from ESU and/or MSSU thought he was a top 3 QB in the conference. Richey being shutout is really surprising. He is a really good player that can play safety or CB equally well.

I agree. Go to 1st & 2nd team and HM is 1 player per position. I think it would mean more to the players that earn it as well.

8. Default Re: All-MIAA Team Announced

Zach Martin getting HM really ought to be the straw that breaks the camel's back on this. Was he a top 7 QB in the league this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post
    I agree. Go to 1st & 2nd team and HM is 1 player per position. I think it would mean more to the players that earn it as well.
    If you're going to limit HM to one player per position, wouldn't that be the same as keeping third team and getting rid of honorable mention? As noted by Taxman, getting rid of third team would solve the HM problem. Right now everybody gets 3 votes for each position and if you appear on a single ballot, you get listed as HM. If everyone only got two votes, that would cut out a LOT of the HMs as there would only be two votes for each position. There might be a little variance in who people think is the 6th best WR in the conference, but there's a ton of variance in who people think is the 9th best WR in the conference.

I'm glad Luper got OPOY. A much better selection than just giving it to whichever QB puts up the best stats. Unfortunately, I think the best stats argument won the day on the 1st team QB, where I think Stallard should've gotten it and Marstall and Mezera both would've been better selections than Bolles.

Also, I'm guessing a decent number of Pitt State fans are laughing to ourselves this morning that the voters considered Fugitt to be a better LB for Pitt this year than Selemaea or Taylor. I think that one might be a bit more of a lifetime achievement award. Pretty sure PSU's entire secondary (more or less) making at least HM is the most tell-tale sign that voters base this entirely off how the players perform against their team. All of those guys had at least two individual games where they were very good. Really none of them put together a whole season--Brantley was definitely the closest.

A final thought: if there aren't long snappers recognized on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams (and I agree there shouldn't be), how can a long snapper make the HMs? Did someone scratch out the P, K or the KR/PK spot on their ballot and write in "LS"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate72 View Post
    http://www.themiaa.com/news/2017/11/...?path=football

Nice to see Iheme and Shepherd get the unanimous selections and Shepherd earning Defensive player of the Year. I figure they will both end up as All-Americans. I figured Brandon Brown would be unanimous too, but he still recieves Special Teams player of the Year, he's a huge asset to this team. Also nice to see one of the workhorses Tyler Bacon get some recognition, albieit honorable mention, but he's led the team in receptions the past couple of years. 21 Tigers total, with Coach Brown receiving CoY honor. Not too shabby Congrats to all those who made the list!
    Tyler Bacon, the Quapaw Ok ,class A , former walkon! That great!

1 OL on 2nd team, none in 1st or 3rd. That's the story for 2017 offense.

13 total LU Lions selected is the most since we entered the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    Zach Martin getting HM really ought to be the straw that breaks the camel's back on this. Was he a top 7 QB in the league this year?

If you're going to limit HM to one player per position, wouldn't that be the same as keeping third team and getting rid of honorable mention? As noted by Taxman, getting rid of third team would solve the HM problem. Right now everybody gets 3 votes for each position and if you appear on a single ballot, you get listed as HM. If everyone only got two votes, that would cut out a LOT of the HMs as there would only be two votes for each position. There might be a little variance in who people think is the 6th best WR in the conference, but there's a ton of variance in who people think is the 9th best WR in the conference.

I'm glad Luper got OPOY. A much better selection than just giving it to whichever QB puts up the best stats. Unfortunately, I think the best stats argument won the day on the 1st team QB, where I think Stallard should've gotten it and Marstall and Mezera both would've been better selections than Bolles.

Also, I'm guessing a decent number of Pitt State fans are laughing to ourselves this morning that the voters considered Fugitt to be a better LB for Pitt this year than Selemaea or Taylor. I think that one might be a bit more of a lifetime achievement award. Pretty sure PSU's entire secondary (more or less) making at least HM is the most tell-tale sign that voters base this entirely off how the players perform against their team. All of those guys had at least two individual games where they were very good. Really none of them put together a whole season--Brantley was definitely the closest.

A final thought: if there aren't long snappers recognized on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams (and I agree there shouldn't be), how can a long snapper make the HMs? Did someone scratch out the P, K or the KR/PK spot on their ballot and write in "LS"?
    Selemea only played 1/2 of the season. Then again, so did Rose, and he made the list.

First and second teams are legit. Three teams is a joke with hm. Dont dilute it. But the HCs have that so they can put more kids in.
    WU kids deserving in my opinion
    Ft Hays deserving. And Congrats Nate and Brown

14. Default Re: All-MIAA Team Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Selemea only played 1/2 of the season. Then again, so did Rose, and he made the list.
    ?? Rose only missed one game. Selemaea missed 2 games, was very part time for 3 games and played pretty much full time in the remaining 5 games. I'd be fine with Selemaea not being All Conference due to limited playing time, but Rose should easily be on there.

YAY FHSU players and a BIG OLE friggin heal yeah for Coach Brown. More than deserving. My son is loving playing for him

Yeah. I was confused about Rose. I thought he was out or limited in more games than that.

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    First and second teams are legit. Three teams is a joke with hm. Dont dilute it. But the HCs have that so they can put more kids in.
    WU kids deserving in my opinion
    Ft Hays deserving. And Congrats Nate and Brown
    ....and Travis.

Congrats to all that made All-MIAA.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    ....and Travis.
    For dpoy and coy....
    But yeah congrats all guys, especially Talley and Marco for OL.

Quote Originally Posted by cbgorilla View Post
    Congrats to all that made All-MIAA.
    Dilly Dilly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast