Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

Quote Originally Posted by PSAChomer01 View Post
    I can agree with that assessment
    My main concern is with Ship’s offensive line. When rushed, Zapoticky gets flustered and overthrows receivers. When he is well protected he is very good, and can step up and run well—but that all falls apart under pressure. Bloom and Kutz both got good pressure on him and he struggled. Hopefully the o-line will protect well and a balanced rushing attack will keep the defense from getting too much pressure.

I think, as good as Zapoticky can be when he tucks the ball in and runs for yardage, at the same time, he doesn't pass well on the run.

EDIT: Which is exactly what shiplb just said.

From Edinboro:

Brandon Anderson - DB
    James Clark - WR
    Derek Dorr - DL
    Walter Fletcher - RB
    Ta'Nauz Gregory - RS (probably second team b/c Marcus Johnson)
    Zuril Hendrick - DB

PSAC West
    Freshman of the Year: Mylique McGriff of Clarion
    Offensive Player of the Year: Marcus Jones of Gannon
    Defensive Player of the Year: Marcus Martin of Slippery Rock, Zuril Hendrick of Edinboro, or JR Stevens of IUP
    Coach of the Year: Paul Tortorella of IUP

4. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I have to agree on this one. Kier is the kind of QB that gives me some pause going up against in the playoffs.

Keir lobbed the ball all day long against ESU, never throwing a pass with any ZIP on it...I need to see more of Keir than one game to give a thorough assessment of his play...

Bloom:
    DL Klinger
    LB Monroe
    FS Schwartz

OL Jonassen
    WR Allen

DB - Redwood (Mercyhurst)

7. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

Offensive POY - Marc Jones from Gannon
    Defensive POY - IUP (the whole defense)
    Coach of the Year - Tortorella
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 11-14-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Offensive POY - Marc Jones from Gannon
    Defensive POY - IUP (the whole defense)
    Coach of the Year - Tortorella
    I like the sentiment, but to be fair, it will be hard to decide who on IUP will be on the All PSAC west teams.

I'd think the best possibilities are (for first or 2nd teams)

Williams QB
    Bullock RB
    Searles OL
    Arnold C
    Averette DL
    Tillman DL
    Stevens DB
    Redfield DB

I hate leaving out Lloyd and Amendola, but there are a few other good LB around, and none of the WRs have gaudy stats, since the ball has been spread around alot by Lenny, probably because he can't make a read like the other QBs that throw to one guy all the time. I'd think Allen Wright should be there, but don't know if he'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    I like the sentiment, but to be fair, it will be hard to decide who on IUP will be on the All PSAC west teams.

I'd think the best possibilities are (for first or 2nd teams)

Williams QB
    Bullock RB
    Searles OL
    Arnold C
    Averette DL
    Tillman DL
    Stevens DB
    Redfield DB

I hate leaving out Lloyd and Amendola, but there are a few other good LB around, and none of the WRs have gaudy stats, since the ball has been spread around alot by Lenny, probably because he can't make a read like the other QBs that throw to one guy all the time. I'd think Allen Wright should be there, but don't know if he'll get it.
    It sucks that Pegues was hurt the majority of this season as I felt he would have put up monster numbers with McNeil, Bullock and Wright all great rushing and receiving threats around him. Hopefully he's 100% for the playoffs and boosters their offense even more (unless they're playing Ship lol)

10. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Well if you want success against tough odds, you have to look at Chris Strong at Seton Hill. Could Kier or Lenny do as good playing for Seton Hill ?
    Seton Hill threw the ball more than anyone in the country. The passing yards will come from that. You will have to look at QB rating, completion %, Interceptions, Touchdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PSACfanatic View Post
    1st team QB SRU T. Garry
    No way Jose!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    There's one QB in the league that led his team to an undefeated season at 11-0, and a PSAC Championship. He's also the only QB in the league that opposing teams have to essentially build their entire defensive game plan around. He can beat you in multiple ways, which he has shown throughout the season. What team in the PSAC would he not be the starting QB for? I'll wait.
    28-3 with 3 losses by 1, 3 and 3. 17-0 at home...Lenny Baller....

Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    Seton Hill threw the ball more than anyone in the country. The passing yards will come from that. You will have to look at QB rating, completion %, Interceptions, Touchdowns, etc.
    I know, it was kind of a response to the "who could put a team on their back argument" - if anyone honestly had to do that it was Strong - never really tell how good or bad he is given the conditions he had to play under, my intuition is that he was pretty good, and it would have been interesting seeing him QB for a competitive Team. Picking the top QB has alot to do with the way they work with the rest of the team, in my opinion - things like Leadership count as much as passing mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post

From Watching all of Bloomsburg's game either live on Film. I would say First Team DL Jake Klinger 69 tackles, 22 tackles for loss and 11 sacks. That's a pretty monster year.
    Honorable mention or 2nd team- K Ryan Abbott had a real good year 10-12 FG's including a 42 yarder and was awesome kicking off. RB Qmac Quiteh had just over 1000 yards rushing and 8 tds, DL Chris Gary 37 tackles 12 tackles for loss and 7 sacks. DB Eric Schwartz had 58 tackles 1.5 Sacks and 3 ints. Senior OL Shawn Secola 6foot6 305 pounds, started all 11 games on the Oline and was real impressive this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomFan View Post
    From Watching all of Bloomsburg's game either live on Film. I would say First Team DL Jake Klinger 69 tackles, 22 tackles for loss and 11 sacks. That's a pretty monster year.
    He may actually be a redshirt sophomore with 2 years of eligibility left, assuming he got a medical redshirt last year.

16. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

If we are splitting hairs and actually paying attention, the kids from Clarion defense deserve all the defensive 1st team honors, they held all of you favorite teams/ players to virtually nothing.....

17. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    If we are splitting hairs and actually paying attention, the kids from Clarion defense deserve all the defensive 1st team honors, they held all of you favorite teams/ players to virtually nothing.....
    Touche

Quote Originally Posted by PSAChomer01 View Post
    Touche
    IUP 1ST Team Offense Bullock RB, Searles OL, Arnold OL , Williams QB/ 2nd team Wright WR. 1ST Team Defense Averatte DL, Stevens DB, Lloyd LB / 2nd team Redfield DB, Tillman DE, Weldon DL......Tort Coach of year in West

19. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

When does the PSAC announce All Conference and year end awards?

20. Default Re: Who are your all PSAC selections ?

The coaches are the ones making these picks based on votes right? I think based on that it can be pretty difficult to guess or assume who we think may get which awards unless there are obvious standouts which I think there are a few.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast