Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

Contribute to D2

Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

Tight Ends. Football's vegetables--they are good for you, always there for you if you want, just not loved by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin44 View Post
    Tight Ends. Football's vegetables--they are good for you, always there for you if you want, just not loved by all.
    To paraphrase Simon & Garfunkel's El Condor Pasa: I'd rather be a carrot than a stick, yes I would, if I could, I surely would.

And when the get to the part about artificial turf: I'd rather be a forest than a street...........I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet.......

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    To paraphrase Simon & Garfunkel's El Condor Pasa: I'd rather be a carrot than a stick, yes I would, if I could, I surely would.

And when the get to the part about artificial turf: I'd rather be a forest than a street...........I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet.......
    And, You should always be yourself unless you can be Batman then you should always be Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    And, You should always be yourself unless you can be Batman then you should always be Batman...
    I frequently go to the bat room. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    I frequently go to the bat room. Does that count?
    As long as you wear the cape...

6. Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

I remember watching the Mankato team from 2014 and how the hype had CSU Pueblo fans bracing to get clobbered by the Mavericks.

Can anyone give me a comparative analysis of the 2014 and 2017 Mankato teams?

7. Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

A little background on the 2014 team. I talked to one of the star players and he said they practiced a certain offense and didn't run it in the game. He said the players were perplexed by the offensive calls during the game. Sounded like the players were not happy about it. Kato didn't look anything like they did during the year. Also (Kato fans would know more) I heard they had the flu spread through out the team.

Take nothing away from Pueblo -- they won, but don't think the got Kato's A game. Pueblo better have their big boy pants, Kato may be a hornets nest after the #1 snub.

8. Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SDfootball View Post
    A little background on the 2014 team. I talked to one of the star players and he said they practiced a certain offense and didn't run it in the game. He said the players were perplexed by the offensive calls during the game. Sounded like the players were not happy about it. Kato didn't look anything like they did during the year. Also (Kato fans would know more) I heard they had the flu spread through out the team.

Take nothing away from Pueblo -- they won, but don't think the got Kato's A game. Pueblo better have their big boy pants, Kato may be a hornets nest after the #1 snub.
    Thank you. If my memory serves me correctly their running back was not a full strength as well. I think you have to give Darius Allen and the rest of the CSU Pueblo defense credit for that win.
    Last edited by WalterCampFan; 11-14-2017 at 02:12 PM.

9. Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

One thing I can say about Pueblo. If they can somehow stop Mankato's running game, then the game is going to be closer than predicted. CSU Pueblo has one of the stingiest secondaries in the country. On the other side of the ball, if Pueblo can somehow have success with the running ball, then they will also have success passing.

Here's why

Mesa actually emulates Mankato. They both depend heavily on the run and they both have subpar secondaries. Asuza Pacific and Pueblo were able to expose Mesa's weakness in pass coverage and ultimately both teams passed for over 300 yards. <<< This scenario is key to CSU Pueblo's success on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    I remember watching the Mankato team from 2014 and how the hype had CSU Pueblo fans bracing to get clobbered by the Mavericks.

Can anyone give me a comparative analysis of the 2014 and 2017 Mankato teams?
    Some things have already been expressed- the flu, Connor Thomas puking his guts out, getting away from the one that you brought to the dance, confusing play calls, getting told by fans (not just the MSU ones but by MIAA ones) that they would overpower CSUP. In the end, the tremendous speed of the CSUP defense was the difference.

The 2014 MSU team was a veteran one. The strongest part of the whole team was the offensive line. In game after game they would wear teams down by the fourth quarter. On third and two both the offense and the defense knew that it would be a run- yet the defense couldn't stop it. The two headed quarterback system at times payed dividends, and at others caused confusion.

The defense was solid that year. Like most defenses it was best when it could put it's ears back and be aggressive.

Kicking game- this year's team doesn't seem to get the blocks and returns that the 2014 team did. However, they have a great kicker who can hit from 63 yards, also do the punting and make a punishing tackle.

At this point the 2014 team would get higher grades because we know where they ended up. They were more experienced. It will be interesting to see how this group finishes.

Mankato predicted to win this one 41-14, hopefully we can keep it a score or so closer than that.

Will these games be on the stretchinternet site?

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Will these games be on the stretchinternet site?
    They have been in the past (or NCAA.com)

Hopefully they can fix the audio on the stream. The last few Mavs games I've watched online had terrible problems with the announcer audio being out of sync and delayed by several seconds, as well as bleed-in problems from other audio feeds, some of which seemed to be completely unrelated to the game.

15. Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bgdavis View Post
    Hopefully they can fix the audio on the stream. The last few Mavs games I've watched online had terrible problems with the announcer audio being out of sync and delayed by several seconds, as well as bleed-in problems from other audio feeds, some of which seemed to be completely unrelated to the game.
    The winona state game stream vs mankato was brutal..hopefully the mass comm program isnt a big deal there lol

16. Default Re: CSU-P at Mankato....Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    One thing I can say about Pueblo. If they can somehow stop Mankato's running game, then the game is going to be closer than predicted. CSU Pueblo has one of the stingiest secondaries in the country. On the other side of the ball, if Pueblo can somehow have success with the running ball, then they will also have success passing.

Here's why

Mesa actually emulates Mankato. They both depend heavily on the run and they both have subpar secondaries. Asuza Pacific and Pueblo were able to expose Mesa's weakness in pass coverage and ultimately both teams passed for over 300 yards. <<< This scenario is key to CSU Pueblo's success on Saturday.
    While I can respect your opinion, MSU is going to be an angry opponent and will want to take out this snub on someone. Pueblo will not pass for 300 yards in this playoff game, I assure you. In fact, Pueblo will not get 300 total yards unless most come in garbage time. I see MSU going up and down the field in this one, looking at the CSU-P defense as if it were the chairman of the SR4 regional committee. That's not what you want if you are a CSU-P player. MSU 57, CSU-P 10. I am being kind with that score. I think if MSU gets the chance they might make a "statement" to the regional committee via points.

Quote Originally Posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
    While I can respect your opinion, MSU is going to be an angry opponent and will want to take out this snub on someone. Pueblo will not pass for 300 yards in this playoff game, I assure you. In fact, Pueblo will not get 300 total yards unless most come in garbage time. I see MSU going up and down the field in this one, looking at the CSU-P defense as if it were the chairman of the SR4 regional committee. That's not what you want if you are a CSU-P player. MSU 57, CSU-P 10. I am being kind with that score. I think if MSU gets the chance they might make a "statement" to the regional committee via points.
    57 would be a season high in points, including more than Mankato put on Crookston. Seems far fetched to me to assume the Pueblo defense will be worse than any NSIC team, even if the players are angry.

Wouldn't Mankato sit players to avoid injury the first moment the game is a blowout?

Quote Originally Posted by ETSU_LION View Post
    57 would be a season high in points, including more than Mankato put on Crookston. Seems far fetched to me to assume the Pueblo defense will be worse than any NSIC team, even if the players are angry.

Wouldn't Mankato sit players to avoid injury the first moment the game is a blowout?
    Nah, most of those points well be by their third string and water boys. They can rest easy this week and focus on the next opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by ETSU_LION View Post

A. I'm not expecting a blowout.

B. If it was you would certainly be more worried about injuries than needlessly trying to get style points.

C. Pueblo's defense is too good to be a sieve. I think that MSU will win but it won't be a basketball score.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast