Thread: Championship Week Results!!!

Contribute to D2

Default Championship Week Results!!!

Final Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

We are at the end of our long road, my friends. We have crowned a champion. We were guaranteed our first two-time champion. And, in a shocking turn of events, we had probably our closest week of the year. 3 of our 4 match-ups were decided by less than 20 points.

Without further adieu...here are our final results.

Seventh-Place Match
    #7 New School Mule - 87.2
    #8 WolfBreed - 74.55

NSM weathered a pair of single-digit scoring performances and got 29.3 points from WR Ryan Feiss to help him grab the victory over Wolf's all-UWG squad, which was led by QB Willie Candler's 32.45 points. Wolf benched a 36.6-point game from WR Kendrick Payne and NSM benched a 39.1-point performance from QB Yianna Gavalas and 31.9-point performance from WR Nate Huot (19 catches!)

Fifth-Place Match
    #4 Runnin' Cat - 87.9
    #6 KleShreen - 86.75

Our closest match of the entire season! It was stressful to score. Due to the order I scored everything in, I had 86.45 points with one starting RB left to score, so I was feeling pretty confident. Then I saw that RB Jhalen Bien-Aime only had 3 yards rushing and my hopes and dreams were crushed. I got 43.3 points fro WR Weston Carr and everything else was garbage. Runnin' got three starters over 23 points, including 28 from RB Kurt Scoby, and won despite three starters in single digits for scoring.

Third-Place Match
    #2 gr8ness97 - 137.8
    #5 Ian Carlson - 85.0

gr8 picked up a win despite his Bowie State players being done for the year! gr8 got 41.8 points from RB Trenton Cannon in the CIAA Championship, and had four other starters over 20 points, giving him the victory despite a 0 in his starting lineup. Ian wore a 0 of his own and got 26.1 points from QB Brook Bolles, but didn't have anyone else clear the 20-point mark. (Sidenote: He benched 34.35 points, 28.2 points and 31.4 points)

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    #1 Mule Man - 178.7
    #3 08LionBacker - 160.5

A tough way to lose for 08LB. He had to wear a 0 in his flex spot and tried to weather a 6.4-point performance from one of his WR's. He did get 45.6 points from RB Kamal Cass, 40.6 points from QB Luis Perez and 39 points from WR Cory Contini. MM, however, claims his second D2 fantasy football title with four clutch performances. QB Connor Jessop's 50.1 points, RB DeShawn Jones' 49.1 points, RB Walter Fletcher's 33.3 points and RB Marcus Jones' 31.4 points.

That's all, folks! Congratulations to Mule Man for finally getting over the hump for his second title, becoming the first two-time winner in league history, as he also took the title back in 2010. He might have etched his place in the D2 fantasy football Hall of Fame since he now has two titles to go along with four regular season crowns! MM is our third straight #1 seed to win the tournament title.

Default Re: Championship Week Results!!!

Congrats MM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Final Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

We are at the end of our long road, my friends. We have crowned a champion. We were guaranteed our first two-time champion. And, in a shocking turn of events, we had probably our closest week of the year. 3 of our 4 match-ups were decided by less than 20 points.

Without further adieu...here are our final results.

Seventh-Place Match
    #7 New School Mule - 87.2
    #8 WolfBreed - 74.55

NSM weathered a pair of single-digit scoring performances and got 29.3 points from WR Ryan Feiss to help him grab the victory over Wolf's all-UWG squad, which was led by QB Willie Candler's 32.45 points. Wolf benched a 36.6-point game from WR Kendrick Payne and NSM benched a 39.1-point performance from QB Yianna Gavalas and 31.9-point performance from WR Nate Huot (19 catches!)

Fifth-Place Match
    #4 Runnin' Cat - 87.9
    #6 KleShreen - 86.75

Our closest match of the entire season! It was stressful to score. Due to the order I scored everything in, I had 86.45 points with one starting RB left to score, so I was feeling pretty confident. Then I saw that RB Jhalen Bien-Aime only had 3 yards rushing and my hopes and dreams were crushed. I got 43.3 points fro WR Weston Carr and everything else was garbage. Runnin' got three starters over 23 points, including 28 from RB Kurt Scoby, and won despite three starters in single digits for scoring.

Third-Place Match
    #2 gr8ness97 - 137.8
    #5 Ian Carlson - 85.0

gr8 picked up a win despite his Bowie State players being done for the year! gr8 got 41.8 points from RB Trenton Cannon in the CIAA Championship, and had four other starters over 20 points, giving him the victory despite a 0 in his starting lineup. Ian wore a 0 of his own and got 26.1 points from QB Brook Bolles, but didn't have anyone else clear the 20-point mark. (Sidenote: He benched 34.35 points, 28.2 points and 31.4 points)

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    #1 Mule Man - 178.7
    #3 08LionBacker - 160.5

A tough way to lose for 08LB. He had to wear a 0 in his flex spot and tried to weather a 6.4-point performance from one of his WR's. He did get 45.6 points from RB Kamal Cass, 40.6 points from QB Luis Perez and 39 points from WR Cory Contini. MM, however, claims his second D2 fantasy football title with four clutch performances. QB Connor Jessop's 50.1 points, RB DeShawn Jones' 49.1 points, RB Walter Fletcher's 33.3 points and RB Marcus Jones' 31.4 points.

That's all, folks! Congratulations to Mule Man for finally getting over the hump for his second title, becoming the first two-time winner in league history, as he also took the title back in 2010. He might have etched his place in the D2 fantasy football Hall of Fame since he now has two titles to go along with four regular season crowns! MM is our third straight #1 seed to win the tournament title.
    Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8ness97 View Post
    Congrats MM.
    Thanks gr8ness!

Biggest shout out here goes to Commish Kyle! Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you put into this. I know it takes a lot of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Grr.
    LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Man View Post
    Biggest shout out here goes to Commish Kyle! Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you put into this. I know it takes a lot of time!
    For sure!

Does UWG want to be competitive? Survey Says.....

Shout out to Mule Man - congrats on the 'ship!

Thanks again to Kyle and everyone, for letting me join in. Next year will be the year I get out of the cellar....hopefully.

Congrats MM. Really wish D2 had an injury report ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 08LionBacker View Post
    Really wish D2 had an injury report ;)
    You mean you are not on the distribution list???