Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Ferris State

Default Congrats to Ferris State

Even though you lost to the Eagles, you have the easiest path out of the region. Wish we could trade positions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    Even though you lost to the Eagles, you have the easiest path out of the region. Wish we could trade positions.
    They will have to go through Fort Hays who beat NW. People don't realize how down NW is this year.

3. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

I'm still trying to figure out why OBU is ahead of NWMS?

Delete this thread, if AU wants to be the best, as you say and stay in the Gliac to be tested, what do you think this is? Where is your chest thumping like normal, calling out the Gmac, and now here you are whining the Eagle host the defending national champions. I love it, when we win this game we will know we are on the level we need to be, lose it and time to figure out how to get to the next level! Let’s go Eagles!

Depends if Bell is going to be healthy or not. Ferris is not good with Travis Russell playing QB. If Bell doesn't play, it sure looks like it could be an all-MIAA regional final.

6. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles73 View Post
    Delete this thread, if AU wants to be the best, as you say and stay in the Gliac to be tested, what do you think this is? Where is your chest thumping like normal, calling out the Gmac, and now here you are whining the Eagle host the defending national champions. I love it, when we win this game we will know we are on the level we need to be, lose it and time to figure out how to get to the next level! Let’s go Eagles!
    You all know that Ashland is leaving for the GMAC...go ahead and enjoy the ride..word is that your AD has already raised the capital to enforce the early buy out and pull a Malone...NW is a mere shell of what they usually are...this your big chance to let Owens get that big win that he has been looking for your years...enjoy the ride...

7. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

Quote Originally Posted by eagler927 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why OBU is ahead of NWMS?
    For the same reason that GVSU is out...YOUR AD is on the committee, ask him...its called POLITICS...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    For the same reason that GVSU is out...YOUR AD is on the committee, ask him...its called POLITICS...
    So you’re saying th ad at Ashland would rather play nw vs obu. Seems legit

We would have to beat NWMS at some point so let's just make it round 1. If we can beat NW, I think we will host Harding as I am predicting they beat Indy. We just need to get healthy fast and focus in on this challenge. Our defense can play with anyone, we just need a solid outing from Travis. This might be a 17-14 game with two of the best defenses in the nation on the same field.

10. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

NW is down OFFENSIVELY but not defensively. They are still amazing on D and as long as their offense can get near 20 points, they are very tough to beat. FHSU has a tremendous defense as well but more balanced on offense than NW. Still very equal teams. One has to remember NW also lost to a Pitt State team that was very good by the end of the year. Played FHSU very close and of course snapped NW's winning streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Catinthestands View Post
    So you’re saying th ad at Ashland would rather play nw vs obu. Seems legit
    no, he is saying they weren't having the conference champ (OBU) be behind a 9-2 team (NWMS) - the rest above them were undefeated or 1 loss and they certainly weren't jumping them up into the top 4 to host - they weren't going that far - NWMS was sitting 5-7 regardless so moving them down 1 made no difference - HOWEVER, what you didn't pick up on and the point of his post was the politics of a school representing the GLIAC that is actually on their way out of the conference and had no problem keeping another GLIAC team out of the mix - we know things...

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    no, he is saying they weren't having the conference champ (OBU) be behind a 9-2 team (NWMS) - the rest above them were undefeated or 1 loss and they certainly weren't jumping them up into the top 4 to host - they weren't going that far - NWMS was sitting 5-7 regardless so moving them down 1 made no difference - HOWEVER, what you didn't pick up on and the point of his post was the politics of a school representing the GLIAC that is actually on their way out of the conference and had no problem keeping another GLIAC team out of the mix - we know things...
    A school? more like TWO schools. TIffin on leaving for sure. Ashland leaving but not sure in 18 or 19. I don't know if it mattered though. I still can't figure out how they placed teams as they did.

13. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    I call bull**** on this. Al King is a stand up guy and I'm not buying into this hogwash that he didn't want GVSU in. Billy, you're smarter than that. We all know the criteria for the Super Regions is a joke. Most on the board agree that we feel GVSU is a better team than Harding. That being said, it's pretty apparent the criteria doesn't weigh SOS enough to push the Lakers over Harding. It seemed pretty well spelled out in threads the past few days that all of the D2 bloggers felt the wins Harding had would be enough to outweigh GVSU losing to AU, FSU, and Indy. Apparently they were correct. Trying to justify GVSU being left out by throwing the AU AD under the bus is really unfair.

I was thinking same thing until a rematch in Ashland. Hopefully Bell will be healthy. I’m not worried about going to Fort Hays. And if Bell not ready go Ferris has capable QBs. Travis Russell had D1 caliber HS resume.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 11-13-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    A school? more like TWO schools. TIffin on leaving for sure. Ashland leaving but not sure in 18 or 19. I don't know if it mattered though. I still can't figure out how they placed teams as they did.
    is ashland officially leaving

Good luck to our GLIAC representative Ferris State Bulldogs in the PO's! Between you and Ashland I hope we can bring home an NCAA championship to the Great Lakes!

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    is ashland officially leaving
    from things heard on the down low, it appears so in a couple years

Just when they have become the dominant GLIAC power. Adios.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Just when they have become the dominant GLIAC power. Adios.
    Dominant? In a few minds.

20. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Dominant? In a few minds.
    We have 3 GLIAC titles in the last five years, no one else is close.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast