Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 164

Thread: Congrats to Ferris State

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    571
    Blog Entries
    85
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    29104

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    We have 3 GLIAC titles in the last five years, no one else is close.
    It's three in the last six years, not five. And, with two, I would consider Ferris "close"...apparently we may differ in opinion on how "close" is defined.

  2. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Yeah, forgot we shared 2015 with them. But we’ve beat them two years in a row, and have one more than them, so we have the winning case for dominant power in the conference if there is one.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)
    Posts
    6,415
    Rep Power
    31955

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    We have 3 GLIAC titles in the last five years, no one else is close.
    Sorry... I have a bigger picture.. I include PO's. And you KNOW you ducked GV for a bit. (couldn't resist) I don't recall Ashland going further than Ferris or GV. Oh that's right.. they didn't. And you know this is Ashland's best chance with who is leaving after this year. Come visit this topic again this time next year.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,897
    Rep Power
    38657

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredAU View Post
    We would have to beat NWMS at some point so let's just make it round 1. If we can beat NW, I think we will host Harding as I am predicting they beat Indy. We just need to get healthy fast and focus in on this challenge. Our defense can play with anyone, we just need a solid outing from Travis. This might be a 17-14 game with two of the best defenses in the nation on the same field.
    Yes, Indy beat Grand Valley at the start of the season, but Harding, despite a new head coach, still runs that triple option running attack which is difficult to stop. Harding might be a sleeper team in the region, but they'd have a heck of a time getting past Ashland or, for that matter, Fort Hays, in my opinion.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    22484

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Yes, Indy beat Grand Valley at the start of the season, but Harding, despite a new head coach, still runs that triple option running attack which is difficult to stop. Harding might be a sleeper team in the region, but they'd have a heck of a time getting past Ashland or, for that matter, Fort Hays, in my opinion.
    NW never thinks it's tough to stop. They've got it figured out (along with being really really good). Never seen it be easy to stop for anybody else though.

  6. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Catinthestands View Post
    So you’re saying th ad at Ashland would rather play nw vs obu. Seems legit
    I'm not speaking for the AD, but for those of us that follow the AU program closely leaving the GLIAC is a school administration decision not an athletic department decision. All the more reason Billy GV's statement about the AU AD wanting to keep GVSU out because Ashland is leaving the GLIAC is total bs. Assuming AU leaves it's because of academics more than anything else. The President doesn't like athletes missing days of classes when they could play teams an hour down the road and be back on campus the same night. I get why AU football supporters don't like it but it's not as if the argument to leave doesn't have merit.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15,971
    Rep Power
    164036

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    NW never thinks it's tough to stop. They've got it figured out (along with being really really good). Never seen it be easy to stop for anybody else though.
    Back when everyone ran it, lots of folks stopped it pretty well. It is pretty tough to do, though. Especially so when the option team has a true downfield threat.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,637
    Rep Power
    112491

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Back when everyone ran it, lots of folks stopped it pretty well. It is pretty tough to do, though. Especially so when the option team has a true downfield threat.
    Like the shot put throw to the tight end?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    571
    Blog Entries
    85
    Rep Power
    29104

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by eagler927 View Post
    I'm not speaking for the AD, but for those of us that follow the AU program closely leaving the GLIAC is a school administration decision not an athletic department decision. All the more reason Billy GV's statement about the AU AD wanting to keep GVSU out because Ashland is leaving the GLIAC is total bs. Assuming AU leaves it's because of academics more than anything else. The President doesn't like athletes missing days of classes when they could play teams an hour down the road and be back on campus the same night. I get why AU football supporters don't like it but it's not as if the argument to leave doesn't have merit.
    Totally agree across the board, Eagler. I have a hard time buying any premise that would have Ashland not lobbying hard for GV's merits on those calls. While I can certainly understand their not wanting to play GV again, that wouldn't outweigh their desire to prove themselves AND to add credibility to the conference. Plus, I have known Al King for a lot of years and I can't fathom a scenario where he would lobby against GV or any other league-mate...he isn't wired like that.

    Everyone out here that knows a lick about any of this "other conference" stuff knows that the Administration is driving all of this. Was true for Hillsdale and is true for Ashland.

  10. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles73 View Post
    Delete this thread, if AU wants to be the best, as you say and stay in the Gliac to be tested, what do you think this is? Where is your chest thumping like normal, calling out the Gmac, and now here you are whining the Eagle host the defending national champions. I love it, when we win this game we will know we are on the level we need to be, lose it and time to figure out how to get to the next level! Let’s go Eagles!
    I never said I thought we were going to lose. Just that Ferris State has the easier path even though they're a lower seed. Who wouldn't want to start the playoffs with a warm-up game against some Baptist school?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Piketon, Ohio
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    286

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    I never said I thought we were going to lose. Just that Ferris State has the easier path even though they're a lower seed. Who wouldn't want to start the playoffs with a warm-up game against some Baptist school?
    Ashland was founded by the German Baptist Brethren Church in 1878! Lol. So we must be a warmup for NWest Mo.!

  12. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles73 View Post
    Ashland was founded by the German Baptist Brethren Church in 1878! Lol. So we must be a warmup for NWest Mo.!
    I don’t know what AU was like in the 70’s, but when I was there it was far from a Baptist school

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Elyria, OH
    Posts
    2,483
    Rep Power
    1119

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    I don’t know what AU was like in the 70’s, but when I was there it was fa. from a Baptist school
    I was there late '70s/early '80s. Far from Baptist. About 50% Catholic

  14. #34

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Just to set the record straight, it was the Anabaptist Brethren Church, not Baptist. Anabaptist means "rebaptism" or you decide when you want to get baptized, not when you are a baby.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    5,708
    Rep Power
    17609

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    I like our draw. Nw takes out AU Harding takes out Indy put Ferris in driver seat.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Piketon, Ohio
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    286

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    I don’t know what AU was like in the 70’s, but when I was there it was far from a Baptist school
    Lol, it was a joke! Btw 73 stands for the number I wore, not the year I was there. Played from 89-92.

  17. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    I like our draw. Nw takes out AU Harding takes out Indy put Ferris in driver seat.
    Don't count your puppies until they are born! You must think we are coming up there to build snowmen and make snow angels. I love the fact we are playing with house money and nobody giving us a chance.
    #FINISHEMPTY
    Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 11-15-2017 at 01:27 PM.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    20,835
    Rep Power
    244188

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Don't count your puppies until they are born! You must think we are coming up there to build snowmen and make snow angels. I love the fact we are playing with house money and nobody giving us a chance.
    #FINISHEMPTY
    you won't love #96 though i can assure you of that

  19. Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    you won't love #96 though i can assure you of that
    I watched some video. Looks slow to me.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    32025

    Default Re: Congrats to Ferris State

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    I watched some video. Looks slow to me.
    Trust me, he is NOT slow!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •