Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GAC post-season matchups

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default GAC post-season matchups

Here is how I think the GAC post-season is likely to look given results in SR3 today:

POs: Ouachita at Ferris
    Harding at UIndy

Texarkana Bowl: Tech most likely playing an MIAA team

HOT Bowl: I'm hopeful a GAC team gets a bid

Corsciana Bowl: Beginning to look like an MIAA v LSC matchup

Side notes: I don't like the Ouachita-Ferris matchup, especially with an injured Warford. I do like the Harding-UIndy matchup given how the Bisons are playing and based on what I have seen of UIndy. Waiting to see who Tech will be matched with.

Default Re: GAC post-season matchups

Yes, from what I've heard Ferris is the tougher game for sure. Should be fun. Offense seems to be clicking, defense is a huge question mark though.

I agree with this here. If GV wasn't ahead of Harding last week I don't see them jumping them to take that 7 spot.

Regardless I'll just go ahead and say this - whatever happens I am really proud of the way this HU team responded this season. After starting out 0-3 with a first year head coach they had every excuse to fold it up but they have been playing lights out for the past 8 weeks.

Although I foresee playoff games in our future I'm excited about the way this season has panned out.

With tech more than likely the Texarkana bowl representative, there was lots of talk in the SAU press box that SAU is headed to the heart of Texas bowl! Well have to see if this holds true but the athletic director was talking about it today!!

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    With tech more than likely the Texarkana bowl representative, there was lots of talk in the SAU press box that SAU is headed to the heart of Texas bowl! Well have to see if this holds true but the athletic director was talking about it today!!
    That would be great if SAU got the HOT Bowl bid. I am concerned that CSU-P (RMAC) who is 9-2 could get the nod if ENMU loses to MSU and is the LSC rep, given that ENMU would be 9-2 also. Not to mention that, as I understand it, CSU-P travels well.

Granted bowls can do what they want, so I think there is hope for SAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    That would be great if SAU got the HOT Bowl bid. I am concerned that CSU-P (RMAC) who is 9-2 could get the nod if ENMU loses to MSU and is the LSC rep, given that ENMU would be 9-2 also. Not to mention that, as I understand it, CSU-P travels well.

Granted bowls can do what they want, so I think there is hope for SAU.
    I don't recall the RMAC being eligible for a HOT Bowl bid. I thought it was GAC vs. LSC.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    I don't recall the RMAC being eligible for a HOT Bowl bid. I thought it was GAC vs. LSC.
    It's LSC vs At-Large. The GAC was the at-large every year until last year when a MIAA team went.

Anyone in the stadium yesterday in Magnolia knows that SAU is worthy of postseason.

With CSU-P making the POs, I think there is a good chance we will see SAU get a HOT Bowl bid.

At least they reached out to southeastern Oklahoma to be the gac representative!

At least they reached out to southeastern Oklahoma to be the gac representative!
    True, but how serious a contender for the bid was SE? That to me is the real question.

Armo when will we know the hot bowl participants??

Armo when will we know the hot bowl participants??
    I was expecting tonight. Should be before Wednesday when Texarkana makes their announcement--HOT Bowl has typically announced before Texarkana.

P.S. I'm keeping my eyes & ears pealed for anything.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-12-2017 at 07:06 PM.

I was expecting tonight. Should be before Wednesday when Texarkana makes their announcement--HOT Bowl has typically announced before Texarkana.

P.S. I'm keeping my eyes & ears pealed for anything.
    Armo, the HOT bowl participants will be announced tomorrow, November 14th!

16. Default Re: GAC post-season matchups

Here is how I think the GAC post-season is likely to look given results in SR3 today:

POs: Ouachita at Ferris
    Harding at UIndy

Texarkana Bowl: Tech most likely playing an MIAA team

HOT Bowl: I'm hopeful a GAC team gets a bid

Corsciana Bowl: Beginning to look like an MIAA v LSC matchup

Side notes: I don't like the Ouachita-Ferris matchup, especially with an injured Warford. I do like the Harding-UIndy matchup given how the Bisons are playing and based on what I have seen of UIndy. Waiting to see who Tech will be matched with.
    I agree with you Armo, Harding has a big shot against Indy. Already they are making excuses for Indy in case they get beat claiming that 4 of their top 5 playmakers are not going to play. Indy plays in a Conference with about the same 0verall quality of teams as the GAC maybe even less.

Sad news. From sources, it sounds like SAU will not be receiving the HOT Bowl bid.

The official announcement for whom ATU will be playing in the Texarkana Bowl is set for Wednesday. I'm suspecting PSU from the MIAA will be the opponent, i.e., Wonder Boys v Gorillas--now that's an interesting mascot battle.

I can confirm that the GAC will be releasing their All Conference team lists tomorrow.

Sad news. From sources, it sounds like SAU will not be receiving the HOT Bowl bid.

The official announcement for whom ATU will be playing in the Texarkana Bowl is set for Wednesday. I'm suspecting PSU from the MIAA will be the opponent, i.e., Wonder Boys v Gorillas--now that's an interesting mascot battle.

I can confirm that the GAC will be releasing their All Conference team lists tomorrow.
    I'm not really surprised! Oh well, theres always next year!! Ugh!!

What we hear ENMU at 9-2 WILL NOT be getting the HOT bowl bid, thats a snub!

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    What we hear ENMU at 9-2 WILL NOT be getting the HOT bowl bid, thats a snub!
    Angelo State?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast