Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashland University: Your 2017 GLIAC CHAMPS

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Ashland University: Your 2017 GLIAC CHAMPS

Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    Fixed it for you...
    And I forgot to mention your 38 game winning streak which was the longest in D2 history.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlandalum03 View Post
    LOL. Hahahaha. GVSU hasn’t won a National Championship in well over a decade!

As it stands, since 2012 Ashland has 3 GLIAC titles, Grand Valley has 1.

Laker fans need to get real and stop living in the distant past. We’ve passed you. Thanks Matt Mitchell!
    and in those years who has gone further in the playoffs...ya that's right, GV - you haven't passed anyone - and yes, enjoy the trash conf you are going to - lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And I forgot to mention your 38 game winning streak which was the longest in D2 history.
    38 game winning streak is NOT the D2 record...Bulldog - oh, sarcasm, got ya doggie

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SVSU View Post
    That's cute....I remember my first beer. You enjoy that cute little GLIAC ring. When you get a national championship ring you can puff your chest. Now run along back to your play pen.
    we have 6 rings now that is puffing are chest. butt don't worrie we will take care of them come sat. Sorry your season ended. you all have a great program.

[QUOTE=ashlandalum03;2130691]LOL. Hahahaha. GVSU hasn

wait they ARE TRUE champions you AINT a national champion so SHUT UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    the great GV has the longest winning streak in d 2 football at 40 games. NW has the most national titles 6

[QUOTE=BillyGV;2131142]and in those years who has gone further in the playoffs...ya that's right, GV don't you hate it when a one hit wonder talks ****. they ALL need to learn there place.

[QUOTE=visionpipe;2131611]
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    and in those years who has gone further in the playoffs...ya that's right, GV don't you hate it when a one hit wonder talks ****. they ALL need to learn there place.
    LOL - anyway, they will get their chance again when they play NWMS saturday - they did what they had to do when hitting the game winning FG at the end of the game with us - lets see how they do in the 2nd season - he brags about winning conf championships and then says nothing about losing to GV in the playoffs a couple weeks later the very same year - oh well, good luck to all - wait until next year...

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=BillyGV;2132536]
    Quote Originally Posted by visionpipe View Post

LOL - anyway, they will get their chance again when they play NWMS saturday - they did what they had to do when hitting the game winning FG at the end of the game with us - lets see how they do in the 2nd season - he brags about winning conf championships and then says nothing about losing to GV in the playoffs a couple weeks later the very same year - oh well, good luck to all - wait until next year...
    I know people think we are crazy but this isn't the NW team of the past. It's not a horrible team by any means, or even a bad team, just not the normal NW team people have gotten used to. Ashland will be the favorites to win by I'd think 10 points.

[QUOTE=JR Chaney;2132541]

I know people think we are crazy but this isn't the NW team of the past. It's not a horrible team by any means, or even a bad team, just not the normal NW team people have gotten used to. Ashland will be the favorites to win by I'd think 10 points.
    understand - Ashland is a very good team - no knocking them - NWMS has history and they know what it takes to win in the playoffs so they will step up their game - Ashland will have to do the same - our talk previous was some poster crowing on them winning the conf 3 times in the past few years and how GV is done but then never mentioned that they may have won the conf but we beat them in the PO every time - GV knows how to step it up in the PO's as well - anyway, good luck to all and IF ashland plays to their capabilities they will be a very tough out in the PO's this year

[QUOTE=JR Chaney;2132541]

dont start this bullsh*# again especially since i called you out on it last year and you were supposed to pay 100 bucks to d2football.com in my name for our 100 dollar bet that nw would destroy una in the final which they did...if you did what you were supposed to then flame away...but if not you do not reserve the right to come in and start the same damm sandbagging all over again

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=dvaara;2132555]
    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post

dont start this bullsh*# again especially since i called you out on it last year and you were supposed to pay 100 bucks to d2football.com in my name for our 100 dollar bet that nw would destroy una in the final which they did...if you did what you were supposed to then flame away...but if not you do not reserve the right to come in and start the same damm sandbagging all over again
    Let's put this way. NW isn't as good as last year! Offense just can't put it together. That being said, if offense would start to click then NW would have number 7. The problem is it hasn't clicked this year yet and it's getting late in the season!

[QUOTE=JR Chaney;2132566]
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post

Let's put this way. NW isn't as good as last year! Offense just can't put it together. That being said, if offense would start to click then NW would have number 7. The problem is it hasn't clicked this year yet and it's getting late in the season!
    i stand by my statement above...you lost the right to come in here and sandbag after last year

[QUOTE=dvaara;2132555]
    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post

Unfortunately he is telling you the truth. I wish he was sandbagging, but this year, he is not.

15. Default Re: Ashland University: Your 2017 GLIAC CHAMPS

[QUOTE=Thepeman;2132664]
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post

Unfortunately he is telling you the truth. I wish he was sandbagging, but this year, he is not.
    The nice thing is that the whole world will find out in a few days...in the mean time keep your sand pile and bulldozers ready to fill bags fast. If you can get the AU starter out at QB it is game over...period. I am sure the amazing NW defense has a plan in place to set that plan in motion.

16. Default Re: Ashland University: Your 2017 GLIAC CHAMPS

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon

The nice thing is that the whole world will find out in a few days...in the mean time keep your sand pile and bulldozers ready to fill bags fast. If you can get the AU starter out at QB it is game over...period. I am sure the amazing NW defense has a plan in place to set that plan in motion.
    Ummm... did you just call for them to take out our QB?

Who the hell is this, Gregg Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    NW stops the run first every time. Nothing is changing there for this game. They will attempt to put it in the QBs hands to determine the outcome of the game. If and when a QB does deliver, they have a great chance to beat NW.

And ffs - fix quotes when you see them broken people. CrackPipe broke the quotes and trying to figure out who was quoting who after that was confusing.

This Ashland team is pretty dominant, winning by and average score of 35.3-14.6. Most of us presume that Northwest's defense is stout, but with the silo scheduling, it's hard to tell how acurate that assessment is. We know the offense is well below what we've seen in recent years, but some of the lack of scoring came from the subpar kicking game, which apears to have been upgraded.

It's reasonable to expect both offenses to be held below their averages in scoring this time of year. If Northwest held Ashand to 28, and the kicker banged through three field goals and the offense put together a TD drive (which has been a struggle at times), the final score of 28-16 would still be closer than Ashland's average margin of victory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12