Thread: Ohio Dominican - Findlay

Contribute to D2

Default Ohio Dominican - Findlay

Should be a good one! Winner takes the G-MAC title. I'm thinking it should be a high scoring game with two great offenses.

2. Default Re: Ohio Dominican - Findlay

I'll be looking forward to a good game. This will be the toughest game for Findlay since losing to Ferris St. Both teams will be playing with confidence. This one is hard to predict. When looking at these two teams' scoring averages, it does seem to point to a high scoring affair, but I think those averages underscore the fact that both teams have decent defenses as well. As with most close matchups, whoever wins the turnover battle, wins this game.

Default Re: Ohio Dominican - Findlay

As a Cal supporter I'm hoping for a ODU win here.

Teams have met 5 times with Ohio Dominican holding a 4-1 advantage. Panthers won 20-10 in 2010, 63-31 in 2012, 41-21 in 2013 and 49-37 in 2016. Findlay eked out a 27-24 victory way back in 2011.

Oilers will win by 2 TDs. Thier only loss was to Ferris where game was closer than final score.

6. Default Re: Ohio Dominican - Findlay

ODU 21 Findlay 10 with about 4 to go in the 1st half. ODU doing whatever they want on offense. Hopefully the offense can plan on out scoring ODU the rest of the game, and Findlay can just make one or two stops.

7. Default Re: Ohio Dominican - Findlay

Same score at half. Difference in the game so far is Findlay's inability to prevent the big plays in the secondary, and ODU bending but not breaking on defense.

8. Default Re: Ohio Dominican - Findlay

Well Findlay better hope for some luck in order to still make the playoffs. 28-10 ODU in the 3rd. Findlay able to get a key stop inn ODU's first drive via a pick. They drive down and turn it over on downs for the second time, and ODU hits another deep pass to Contini. Since Lee went down, Findlay cannot cover anyone. Findlay then starts driving again, but is now one dimensional and throws a pick. Great job to ODU. Findlay needs to learn how to compete against even teams on a consistent basis. They did well against Hillsdale, but not against FSU or ODU. Great season for the Oilers, but a disappointing end (potentially).

Edit:

Panthers capitalize on the turnover, 35-10 late in the third.

Currently down 35-10 and, with this performance, I don't really think that they deserve a playoff berth. Good season and I'm proud of them for that but they just aren't there yet.