Thread: Opening Weekend Links

Contribute to D2

Default Opening Weekend Links

I've tried to post this stupid thing three times already. I'm out of patience. You want basketball? I got your ------g basketball right here! Click on the links below to see the action this Friday and Saturday (except Dominican. That one you have to pay for.)

Chico State, CSU-San Marcos, Concordia-Irvine and Biola

Cal Poly Pomona, UC San Diego, Dixie State and Azusa Pacific

CSU-East Bay, Sonoma State, Seattle Pacific and Montana State-Billings NO VIDEO, click here for livestats

Cal Baptist, Holy Names, CSU-Los Angeles and CSU-Dominguez Hills

Dominican, Academy of Art, Stanislaus State and San Fransicso State

Western Oregon, Saint Martin's, Point Loma and Fresno Pacific

Western Washington, Simon Fraser, Hawai'i-Hilo and Notre Dame de Namur

Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks, Chaminade and Hawai'i Pacific

Concordia-Portland, Central Washington, CSU-San Bernardino and CSU-Monterey Bay

Parts unknown: Humboldt State is off, and the Northwest Nazarene whatever-they're-calling-themselves-this-week have one last exhibition game.
    Last edited by SGAstumpJ; 11-10-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Default Re: Opening Weekend Links

Northwest Nazarene University has been NNU for a very long time, before that NNC, not that confusing, not sure where your disconnect is. This week they play Multnomah and next week they play local rival and NAIA power College of Idaho, I'm hoping to go to the game but it's often sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    Northwest Nazarene University has been NNU for a very long time, before that NNC, not that confusing, not sure where your disconnect is. This week they play Multnomah and next week they play local rival and NAIA power College of Idaho, I'm hoping to go to the game but it's often sold out.
    They should move that game to the Idaho Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    They should move that game to the Idaho Center.
    They've had it there before and I think got decent crowds. They'll play twice and each time it's a tough ticket to get. I'd guess when they played in the Idaho Center they got 5K plus. Good idea. Now I think they want that home and home stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    They changed nicknames last month. The Crusaders are now the Nighthawks.

Quote Originally Posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
    They changed nicknames last month. The Crusaders are now the Nighthawks.
    Wow, didn't even know that, shows how much publicity they get around here. I like the change. They changed school colors from orange and black to red and black awhile back, too, perhaps a decade or more.

Thought you meant changing the school name, sorry.

7. Default Re: Opening Weekend Links

Quote Originally Posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
    I've tried to post this stupid thing three times already. I'm out of patience. You want basketball? I got your ------g basketball right here! Click on the links below to see the action this Friday and Saturday (except Dominican. That one you have to pay for.)

Chico State, CSU-San Marcos, Concordia-Irvine and Biola

Cal Poly Pomona, UC San Diego, Dixie State and Azusa Pacific

CSU-East Bay, Sonoma State, Seattle Pacific and Montana State-Billings

Cal Baptist, Holy Names, CSU-Los Angeles and CSU-Dominguez Hills

Dominican, Academy of Art, Stanislaus State and San Fransicso State

Western Oregon, Saint Martin's, Point Loma and Fresno Pacific

Western Washington, Simon Fraser, Hawai'i-Hilo and Notre Dame de Namur

Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks, Chaminade and Hawai'i Pacific

Concordia-Portland, Central Washington, CSU-San Bernardino and CSU-Monterey Bay

Parts unknown: Humboldt State is off, and the Northwest Nazarene whatever-they're-calling-themselves-this-week have one last exhibition game.
    Thanks for posting (I know it's a pain to post on here sometimes when your time keeps expiring and you have to start over-so aggravating!!). I'll be watching the Alaska/Hawai'i games, of course and I'll post scores as I see them here on this thread too. I guess you'll be watching the APU/Dixie/UCSD/CPP games-that's an interesting group of probably, pretty good teams! Hip, hip, hooray for opening weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Thanks for posting (I know it's a pain to post on here sometimes when your time keeps expiring and you have to start over-so aggravating!!). I'll be watching the Alaska/Hawai'i games, of course and I'll post scores as I see them here on this thread too. I guess you'll be watching the APU/Dixie/UCSD/CPP games-that's an interesting group of probably, pretty good teams! Hip, hip, hooray for opening weekend!
    You know me well. I'll be watching on delay as I'll be working the corresponding women's games at APU (Point Loma, Cal Poly Pomona and CSU-Dominguez Hills are sending their women's teams to our place), but it should be a fun set of games. Other marquee games that should be worth watching as far as potential previews for March, in my mind, are Point Loma-Western Oregon and Chico-Concordia.

Well, Pomona-Dixie delivered on the excitement front, with the Broncos prevailing 79-75 in double overtime. And Western Oregon built a big lead, then held on for dear life against Point Loma.

HPU had a good night, though how much of that was them and how much was just a terrible shooting night for UAA is still TBD.

11. Default Re: Opening Weekend Links

HPU (scratch that! Way too soon to be drawing conclusions! Looks like Chaminade walked away with a 2-0 record) looks like the best team in Anchorage right now, for sure. That game was fun to watch in the first half, but the wheels came off the bus for UAA in the 2nd. The first game with Chaminade and UAF was one of the ugliest I've seen in a while. Wow. Lots of interesting scores. Hard to know what it all means yet, but it sorta looks like chaos with lots of teams on top that might not have been the traditional picks over the last few years...

Didn't see either game on Saturday, but it looks like the Nooks completely turned their game around. Too bad to miss that! That's a rarity for UAA to lose both at home...
    Last edited by northernGNAChoopfan; 11-12-2017 at 10:59 AM.