4) Ferris
    5) Ouachita
    6) NW Missouri
    7) Tech
    8) Harding
    9) Grand Valley
    10) Central Missouri

Here's the link: http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/d2/

If I have time, I will try to post some more thoughts after I've had time to digest this.

Default Re: RRs heading into Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    So the Regional Rankings are out and quite a few surprises:

1) Ft. Hays
    2) UIndy
    3) Ashland
    4) Ferris
    5) Ouachita
    6) NW Missouri
    7) Tech
    8) Harding
    9) Grand Valley
    10) Central Missouri

Here's the link: http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/d2/

I will post some more thoughts after I've had time to digest this.
    Beat me to it Armo! Seeing this, I can't believe Ouachita is #5! But also, even with a loss now, does Ouachita drop out of the playoffs?? I just don't see it happening to me!! Looks like Tech & Harding could be vieing for the #7 spot this week!!

The committee has seen something they like. A first round game at the Cliff is very possible.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

5-9 order has me scratching my head. I wonder what they used to get that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    A dartboard!

This time of year a loss doesn't help. If you gonna lose it better be early in the season. With that being said with a OBU win there will be two GAC reps in playoffs.

You can blame Harding for getting hot and winning in October and possibly in November when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Beat me to it Armo! Seeing this, I can't believe Ouachita is #5! But also, even with a loss now, does Ouachita drop out of the playoffs?? I just don't see it happening to me!! Looks like Tech & Harding could be vieing for the #7 spot this week!!
    If OBU loses, I think they would fall to 8 below GV. Harding and Tech are definitely playing for the a playoff spot though.

I would agree with that

OBU loss Harding win. OBU falls to 8 as co conf champ is there still earned access?

11. Default Re: RRs heading into Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    OBU loss Harding win. OBU falls to 8 as co conf champ is there still earned access?
    There is no earned access if a team from your conference qualifies in the top 6. Basically no one in the GAC can afford to lose. OBU would have 3 losses, so would Tech. If that happens you would have to imagine both teams would fall below GVSU considering they lost close games to Indy, Ashland, and FSU who are #2,3,4 in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by eagler927 View Post
    There is no earned access if a team from your conference qualifies in the top 6. Basically no one in the GAC can afford to lose. OBU would have 3 losses, so would Tech. If that happens you would have to imagine both teams would fall below GVSU considering they lost close games to Indy, Ashland, and FSU who are #2,3,4 in the region.
    So I guess I will be rooting for Tiffin this weekend against GVSU to muddy up the water just in case lol. This is gonna be a wild weekend. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by eagler927 View Post
    That hasn't impacted GV's RR yet. Hell GV has either the 24th or 12 toughest SOS this week (Twelfth if one includes the teams' records to be played Saturday) and yet they sloted GV below the .500 teams. One could argue to a lesser extent that Indy is also getting jobbed due to SOS.

Where Grand Valley and Harding are concerned, here are some nuggets from the data released today by the NCAA.

GV is 2-3 against .500 teams & have a 3-3 road record.
    HU is 3-2 against .500 teams & have a 4-1 road record.

Both record vs .500 & road record are part of the criteria.

Granted, this is SR3 and who the heck knows what they used. Just thought this might be some fuel for thought.

Where Grand Valley and Harding are concerned, here are some nuggets from the data released today by the NCAA.

GV is 2-3 against .500 teams & have a 3-3 road record.
    HU is 3-2 against .500 teams & have a 4-1 road record.

Both record vs .500 & road record are part of the criteria.

Granted, this is SR3 and who the heck knows what they used. Just thought this might be some fuel for thought.
    Can't argue with that. Guess that trumps SOS. though I'd darn near bet the house that HU would lose to Indy, ash, ferris... and by more.

Can't argue with that. Guess that trumps SOS. though I'd darn near bet the house that HU would lose to Indy, ash, ferris... and by more.
    The GAC is definitely down some this year. However, I think you will find the Bisons a much tougher opponent than you are giving them credit for, should they make the playoffs.

The GAC is definitely down some this year. However, I think you will find the Bisons a much tougher opponent than you are giving them credit for, should they make the playoffs.
    True, I honestly have seen one snap of theirs. However, I'm still not seeing support from most corners that they could indeed knock of I,A, or F. For that matter... look who the 3 losses that HU had vs the 3 losses that GV had. But yea, wins matter.

True, I honestly have seen one snap of theirs. However, I'm still not seeing support from most corners that they could indeed knock of I,A, or F. For that matter... look who the 3 losses that HU had vs the 3 losses that GV had. But yea, wins matter.
    There's some folks who are in the know, that think HU could be an Indy. I honestly don't have a freaking clue about them. It's like you said, never seen a single snap of theirs. I have seen grand valley many times, but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    There's some folks who are in the know, that think HU could be an Indy. I honestly don't have a freaking clue about them. It's like you said, never seen a single snap of theirs. I have seen grand valley many times, but not this year.
    I would take every team in this region over Indy. UCM over Indy. Harding over Indy. OBU over Indy. ATU over Indy. GV over Indy. etc.

Indy is the equivalent of Troy being unbeaten in the Sunbelt with one fluke win over someone like Michigan State.

Tell us how you really feel. Haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast