Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: 2017 GAC MB Awards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    72
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    81063

    Default 2017 GAC MB Awards

    So in the spirit of good old fashion tongue and cheek, I thought I would start some virtual awards this year. If you are looking for a virtual trophy take it up with Gorilla Guy. Note: the categories are subject to change, including additions, as I see fit on a yearly basis.

    1. New Firecracker – Finishempty Fred for his gasoline underwear and his steroid level Ouachita enthusiasm

    2. New Intellectual – ReddieMade for his power rankings that were as helpful as last year’s presidential polls

    3. The Ninja – LonestarTiger & Roll Tiges for only posting on the Pick’ems as if they were on hit-and-run missions

    4. Salty Sailor – Divisiontwo for refusing to yield ground to Freddie and presumably missing duck season to do so

    5. Cynic – Raucous Ranger for his change of heart about NWOSU’s season after they played HU

    6. Ray of Sunshine – Bandguy11 for his inability to say anything bad about anybody……well, except for Fred and his roid rage

    7. Sommelier – Redready for his notorious love of wine and then posting on the board

    8. The Okie – TigerGuy for his love of Oklahoma despite evidence that shows it’s a dust bowl

    9. The ARK - Weevil Watcher for his love of Monticello, a school and town named after a freaking house in Virginia

    10. The Brother from Another Mother – Gorilla Guy & Sozo for being outstanding examples of how MIAA fans can engage GAC fans without being DBs (no that’s not short for defensive backs)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Power
    64116

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post

    10. The Brother from Another Mother – Gorilla Guy & Sozo for being outstanding examples of how MIAA fans can engage GAC fans without being DBs (no that’s not short for defensive backs)
    Ahh.. They're not all bad over there. Several actually did make serious offers for me to come by tailgate last year if I made it to NWMSU. I don't think i'll miss another trip up that way in the future. That said, some can go practice falling down.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,175
    Rep Power
    109071

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Armo
    Sommelier – Redready for his notorious love of wine and then posting on the board.

    Hey!!!!! I resemble that. Just glad I could head up a category. In regards to the wine.. Let's just say I know a few things about it.

    And my comment to you is: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1936

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    9. The ARK - Weevil Watcher for his love of Monticello, a school and town named after a freaking house in Virginia



    I'm number nine, im number nine, im number nine.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    9. The ARK - Weevil Watcher for his love of Monticello, a school and town named after a freaking house in Virginia



    I'm number nine, im number nine, im number nine.
    Now, Now. The number is not as important as the category.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,175
    Rep Power
    109071

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    I think the ARK is a noble sounding moniker. I get nodding off as a moniker. LOL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1936

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    I think the ARK is a noble sounding moniker. I get nodding off as a moniker. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Now, Now. The number is not as important as the category.
    Ok, ok......

    I am #TheArk



    We are in need of a flood

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Shady580
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    2818

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    This is comedy!

    The Okie.... You couldn't have given me a better award! I wear it with pride! Thanks for what you do for Division 2 football, the GAC, and the MB.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    2507

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    If my power rankings are last year's presidential polls, I think that makes HU Trump and SAU Hillary, right?

    Appreciate the award, Armo. Bandguy11, do I get an award for being Pick 'Em Champion too? Because I'm fairly certain I've got that locked down.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    ARMO!! THIS IS HORRIBLE!! HOW DARE YOU SAY I CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANYTHING!! YOU ABANDONED US AS OUR WEEKLY GUY!! Wait, I'm just kidding! lol Oh, and I'm sorry for using All caps, I'm not Fred! Lol #GoReddies #GoBison #GoRiders #Rivalryweek

  11. Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Cynic is not the right word Armo. Realist is far more fitting. Yes I lost hope after Harding dismantled us in every way then we go to Ark Tech and get pushed around the field in what should have been a gut check for the team, finally we lose to SNU the very next week for the first time in history. Who wouldn't be terribly disappointed? The Conference has been so much more balanced, the top has come way back to the rest of us. At some point you get tired of hearing excuses every week, players getting thrown under the bus, if this guy would have done that or this guy wouldn't have done that. Radio shows etc. shouldn't be a forum to try and explain away or deflect blame. We have no shot at a winning season in a far more balanced conference.
    Last edited by Racous Ranger; 11-07-2017 at 09:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    926
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    ARMO!! THIS IS HORRIBLE!! HOW DARE YOU SAY I CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANYTHING!! YOU ABANDONED US AS OUR WEEKLY GUY!! Wait, I'm just kidding! lol Oh, and I'm sorry for using All caps, I'm not Fred! Lol #GoReddies #GoBison #GoRiders #Rivalryweek
    I think you should change your name to bamdwagonguy11 because if it wasn't for your avatar I'd be confused on your team affiliation. What does SAU get from a Harding and Henderson win? I'll will wait........................ time up. I'll answer it for ya. Notta. I said I was gonna give you and a few other cupcakes a break and quit talking trash . But in all actuality, you guys are the trash talkers, I just kick back like mule and and you cupcakes hate it. I've always kept all convos football related and never resorted to personal name calling like Divisionwho. But that's ok. Thank you bandwagonguy11 for bringing me back to my senses!!! And oh yeah there's a new sheriff in town. You can either love it or hate it. Either way is fine with me.
    Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 11-06-2017 at 03:29 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    I think you should change your name to bamdwagonguy11 because if it wasn't for your avatar I'd be confused on your team affiliation. What does SAU get from a Harding and Henderson win? I'll will wait........................ time up. I'll answer it for ya. Notta. I said I was gonna give you and a few other cupcakes a break and quit talking trash . But in all actuality, you guys are the trash talkers, I just kick back like mule and and you cupcakes hate it. I've always kept all convos football related and never resorted to personal name calling like Divisionwho. But that's ok. Thank you bandwagonguy11 for bringing back to my senses!!! And oh yeah there's a new sheriff in town. You can either love it or hate it. Either way is fine with me.
    Hey, I actually said something good about OBU in the post. I said, even with a loss, and OBU ranked #5 in RR, I'm pretty certain that they can't be knocked out, so its a pretty good chance OBU goes to the playoffs even with a loss!! But since its obvious I can't cheer for whoever I want in the week, GO REDDIES!!! GO REDDIES!!! GO REDDIES!!! GO REDDIES!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    926
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Hey, I actually said something good about OBU in the post. I said, even with a loss, and OBU ranked #5 in RR, I'm pretty certain that they can't be knocked out, so its a pretty good chance OBU goes to the playoffs even with a loss!! But since its obvious I can't cheer for whoever I want in the week, GO REDDIES!!! GO REDDIES!!! GO REDDIES!!! GO REDDIES!!!!
    Lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Power
    64116

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    I think you should change your name to bamdwagonguy11 because if it wasn't for your avatar I'd be confused on your team affiliation. What does SAU get from a Harding and Henderson win? I'll will wait........................ time up. I'll answer it for ya. Notta. I said I was gonna give you and a few other cupcakes a break and quit talking trash . But in all actuality, you guys are the trash talkers, I just kick back like mule and and you cupcakes hate it. I've always kept all convos football related and never resorted to personal name calling like Divisionwho. But that's ok. Thank you bandwagonguy11 for bringing me back to my senses!!! And oh yeah there's a new sheriff in town. You can either love it or hate it. Either way is fine with me.
    "Put your big boy drawers on." Remember that statement? Then the very next post, you got your little feelings hurt because I called you a dork. I'm sorry man. I shouldn't have done that. I'm just a big ole bully. It's something I have to work on..

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    926
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    "Put your big boy drawers on." Remember that statement? Then the very next post, you got your little feelings hurt because I called you a dork. I'm sorry man. I shouldn't have done that. I'm just a big ole bully. It's something I have to work on..
    I don't even possess feelings. I just have a hard time dealing with hypocrites. But maybe we got off on the wrong foot. Let's do a do over. " Hi my name is FINISHEMPTY FRED nice to meet ya!!!" "Good luck this weekend."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Power
    64116

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    I don't even possess feelings. I just have a hard time dealing with hypocrites. But maybe we got off on the wrong foot. Let's do a do over. " Hi my name is FINISHEMPTY FRED nice to meet ya!!!" "Good luck this weekend."
    You're something else.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,733
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    You're something else.
    Some would say he is something little.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1936

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    ARMO!! THIS IS HORRIBLE!! HOW DARE YOU SAY I CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANYTHING!! YOU ABANDONED US AS OUR WEEKLY GUY!! Wait, I'm just kidding! lol Oh, and I'm sorry for using All caps, I'm not Fred! Lol #GoReddies #GoBison #GoRiders #Rivalryweek
    You left out your love for the Weevils........

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    926
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: 2017 GAC MB Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    You left out your love for the Weevils........
    Don't believe that many bandwagons would fit in the parking lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •