Thread: Quick thoughts after Week 10

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Quick thoughts after Week 10

Okay guys and gals,

It has certainly been a wild season. Here is what I think the RRs will likely be on Monday:

1) Ft Hays
    2) UIndy
    3) Ashland
    4) Ferris
    5) NW Missouri
    6) Ouachita
    7) Tech
    8) Central Missouri
    9) Grand Valley
    10) Harding

Whether or not the rankings look like this, one thing is sure...there will be two big games in the GAC next week that effect the GAC's postseason. Those games will be in Arkadelphia and Russellville.

If you guys want, I'll post a few more thoughts once the RRs come out.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-04-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Default Re: Quick thoughts after Week 10

I would look forward to your input. This last week will have some big games around the region.

GV is ahead of CMU now and will end that way as well - their SOS is higher and their losses are better - 3 of the Top 4 in the region - Harding has been playing well I think they may beat Tech giving GV a shot at the number 7 slot and a rematch with UIndy - anything can happen boys

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    GV is ahead of CMU now and will end that way as well - their SOS is higher and their losses are better - 3 of the Top 4 in the region - Harding has been playing well I think they may beat Tech giving GV a shot at the number 7 slot and a rematch with UIndy - anything can happen boys
    I don't think the RAC sees much difference between the GLIAC and MIAA, therefore I think the numbers do come into play between UCM and GV. As for SOS, UCM had a higher SOS than GV going into this week: .543 v .522. With GV's loss to AU, both UCM & GV are 2-3 against .500 opponents & 3-3 on the road. I agree that anything can happen at this point. It is possible that GV could end up at #8 and UCM at #9. I just don't think it is likely, but we will see come Monday.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-04-2017 at 11:17 PM.

but UCM can ONLY end up at .500 as they play all games in conf - that will be their final SOS - where as GV will be above that - besides ALL 3 of GV's losses were on the road to high ranked/SOS teams by close margins and the comm DOES look at that - not the case for UCM or any other 3 loss team - regardless, Harding has to knock off Tech for this to come into play

but UCM can ONLY end up at .500 as they play all games in conf - that will be their final SOS - where as GV will be above that - besides ALL 3 of GV's losses were on the road to high ranked/SOS teams by close margins and the comm DOES look at that - not the case for UCM or any other 3 loss team - regardless, Harding has to knock off Tech for this to come into play
    I hear what you are saying, however, based on the data the NCAA provided this last go around and applying it to THIS WEEK seems to support UCM being ahead.

Another thing to keep in mind is we have seen have seen one of two things impact SR3 rankings in the past outside of the data or official criteria:
    A) Overall conference reputations or at least perception of those reputations
    Or
    B) Attempts at "balance"

Based on this prior experience, I think reputation may be coming into play, ergo Ft Hays is #1 and not UIndy. While the GLIAC has a good reputation, when it comes to recent PO history (last 5-10 years) the MIAA appears to have the better rep, especially when H2H between the GLIAC and MIAA is included.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-05-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Busy man billy! I see you posting in almost any thread that talk about playoff implications, and always about a rematch with Indy.. you want it bad, I get it. Can't wait to see what next week brings us.