Thread: HSU @ UAM

Contribute to D2

Default HSU @ UAM

The game temp should be in low to mid 80's to start. A bit warm for November.

I pray no player gets seriously injured on either side of the field.

Go Reddies!!!!!

Default Re: HSU @ UAM

7 -7 half

28-21 Reddies win.

Was a fun game to be at. More later as I'm still perturbed

Never have blamed anyone for a loss, and struggle with this.

4 calls In second half. All on HSU sideline. Game changers. Bush league.
    Last edited by Weevil Watcher; 11-05-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post

What? If you want to talk bad about a program, explain what you mean. Not stating an actual event we could all possibly agree on is: Well to use your words "Bush league".

Give me a break. What four calls are you even talking about? Your QB threw a pick-6 to tie the game up with 8 minutes left. We then marched down the field to take the lead and stuffed your offense to win the game. I can't even remember a questionable call in the game going one way or another. That was as cleanly called a game as I've seen this year.

In fact, I just looked at the game play by play. There was one penalty in the entire fourth quarter and it was a false start on UAM. So unless you truly think one rogue false start penalty gave HSU the win, I'd say that's a pretty weak excuse and you should take the green glasses off.

Calls in no way, shape or manner determined that game. You got out-played in the final 15 minutes when it mattered and it cost you. These are the facts. HSU has lost a lot of games this year, and I assure you, we have had far more questionable calls go against us than anything that went against you on Saturday. You don't see us blaming refs for our losses.

Your team had a 4th quarter lead and got beat fair and square. Blaming the refs is an awful look to begin with, but even worse when simple fact-checking can go back and prove that you're clearly biased and wrong.

fair enough, however I never referred to the 4th quarter. I said second half.
    1. The defensive holding on our interception while leading
    2. The defensive holding on your freaking running play.
    3. The defensive offsides right before the negated pick.
    4. The unsportsmanlike on our #13 on your sideline. (He's a saint compared to your # 3)

You are not the be all end all to data Sir.

fair enough, however I never referred to the 4th quarter. I said second half.
    1. The defensive holding on our interception while leading
    2. The defensive holding on your freaking running play.
    3. The defensive offsides right before the negated pick.
    4. The unsportsmanlike on our #13 on your sideline. (He's a saint compared to your # 3)

You are not the be all end all to data Sir.
    Thanks for letting us know which ones you had issue with. I guess we can kindly agree to disagree. Looks like you feel the defensive calls on UAM were the issue. UAM still had a chance when they had the ball to just score and move on, if they felt someone made a bad call when your defense was on the field. I am more inclined to agree with ReddieMade to think that UAM was out coached. I have been on this board thinking that UAM is getting the same results with the same HC. You Weevil Watcher are closer to the program to understand if this HC is doing a good job and needs to stay at the University.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    [/B]

What? If you want to talk bad about a program, explain what you mean. Not stating an actual event we could all possibly agree on is: Well to use your words "Bush league".
    Wow, thought you had a little more respect than that. Watch the film and the calls and where they come from. Pay special attention to the coaches in the ears of the stripes.

Don't get me wrong, y'all seized the opportunity and WON

It wasn't all y'all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    Thanks for letting us know which ones you had issue with. I guess we can kindly agree to disagree. Looks like you feel the defensive calls on UAM were the issue. UAM still had a chance when they had the ball to just score and move on, if they felt someone made a bad call when your defense was on the field. I am more inclined to agree with ReddieMade to think that UAM was out coached. I have been on this board thinking that UAM is getting the same results with the same HC. You Weevil Watcher are closer to the program to understand if this HC is doing a good job and needs to stay at the University.
    Not my call my board brother. I have my opinion but that and 4bucks will get you a coffee

Not my call my board brother. I have my opinion but that and 4bucks will get you a coffee
    Amen to that. You guys have a chance to have a winning season and there is something to be said for that.