Thread: SWOSU?

Default SWOSU?

Any rumors or inside scoop as to who has applied for the Southwest Oklahoma Head Coaching Job?
    Or anyone that you guys would like to see get the job?

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Default Re: SWOSU?

David Alexander. Broken Arrow Ok.

My guess he stays in the Tulsa area where he played football in HS and college, but maybe not. He is doing a good job at Broken Arrow High School.

3. Default Re: SWOSU?

According to a little research, he makes over $100,000 at Broken Arrow, Hard to see him taking a $25,000 (or more) pay cut!
    Would be a great choice coaching wise, but it would be hard to make that happen for SWOSU I believe. Is there any one in conference that you would see possibly taking the jump to head coach?

Guess I'll be changing my helmet from FHSU to a Bulldog next year sooooooo I would love to see them get Kyle Shipp!

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    Guess I'll be changing my helmet from FHSU to a Bulldog next year sooooooo I would love to see them get Kyle Shipp!
    Me too

Where's the loyalty guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Where's the loyalty guys?
    Coach Shipp is a super high-quality guy. Anyone who has worked with him or knows him will attest to that. Anywhere he goes is lucky to have him.

Hiring a coordinator from a conference foes has a proven history, Chris Brown at FHSU from Washburn (def cord) .

Quote Originally Posted by oldweevil View Post
    Coach Shipp is a super high-quality guy. Anyone who has worked with him or knows him will attest to that. Anywhere he goes is lucky to have him.
    Absolutely deserves his chance.

10. Default Re: SWOSU?

Coach Shipp is doing good things this year. Jeremiah Fiscus from Henderson should be one considered. Been at Henderson for 6 seasons now, as OL coach then as Offensive Coordinator through multiple championships they have won there.

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFanWin View Post
    Coach Shipp is doing good things this year. Jeremiah Fiscus from Henderson should be one considered. Been at Henderson for 6 seasons now, as OL coach then as Offensive Coordinator through multiple championships they have won there.
    Wasn't Volarvich the OC when they were really rolling on offense? I believe he was. Haven't been nearly as good on offense since V left. Or Rodgers of course

Fiscus or Shipp either one I think would do good. Good being relative out there

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Wasn't Volarvich the OC when they were really rolling on offense? I believe he was. Haven't been nearly as good on offense since V left. Or Rodgers of course
    Coach V is the HC at Nashville. He left for the pay. Won state championship 1st year and lost one game last year. I don't think he is moving but, he would be a very good HC for a college IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    Coach V is the HC at Nashville. He left for the pay. Won state championship 1st year and lost one game last year. I don't think he is moving but, he would be a very good HC for a college IMO.
    I understand that... Was saying I think Coach V was the OC at Henderson when the Offense was rolling. Not the guy that's the OC now.

I understand that... Was saying I think Coach V was the OC at Henderson when the Offense was rolling. Not the guy that's the OC now.
    That is correct. lost plenty of coaching staff since the 2014 season. WR coach, DC/DB Coach, and OC. All were good coaches in my opinion. There were others but those 3 guys did a great job and are missed.

I think that was the big part. Not to downplay how good of a coach Volarvich is, he is very good, but Rodgers is a once every 20 year player.