Thread: GAC Power Rankings Week 9

Contribute to D2

Default GAC Power Rankings Week 9

1. HU - Rolling right along. Need some help, but things look promising.
    2. Tech - Control their own fate. Win out, they get at least a share.
    3. OBU - Ditto ^
    4. HSU - We’re back! May only last a week, but good to see a big win.
    5. SAU - Hard to justify losing to a depleted HSU squad with so much on the line.
    6. SEOSU - I said they were overrated and I was right.
    7. UAM - Ran into a buzzsaw. Can still get to an above .500 record this year.
    8. SNU - Big W. Chance to get above .500 as well.
    9. NWOSU - Started hot, wheels falling off.
    10. ECU - They beat us, so can’t really say much.
    11. OKBU - Welcome to Not Last!
    12. SWOSU - Welcome to Last!

OBU could be considered in the driver’s seat now, due to the fact that Tech has to play HU, who is absolutely rolling. Still, very possible OBU could fall these last two weeks with SAU/HSU on the schedule. Tech obviously still in a great spot as well.

Harding needs to beat Tech and have OBU lose one more to get a share of the title.

If SAU doesn’t beat OBU this weekend, everything will come down to the final week. It’s been a wild year, so that only seems fitting.

Not sure a 3-loss GAC Champ will get into the playoffs, maybe Armo can help me out with that. I guess a lot depends on what happens in the GLIAC and MIAA. I do think Central Missouri losing this weekend to UCO helps the GAC's chances.

Default Re: GAC Power Rankings Week 9

Power poll is irrelevant right now.
    Only poll that counts this time of year is the one below!
    Last weeks eagerly waiting on new one today!!

1. Northwest Missouri 8-0
    2. Indianapolis 8-0
    3. Fort Hays 8-0
    4. Ashland 7-1
    5. Ferris State 6-1
    6. Central Missouri 6-2
    7. Grand Valley 6-2
    8. Ouachita Baptist 6-2
    9. Arkansas Tech 6-2
    10. Tiffin 5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    1. HU - Rolling right along. Need some help, but things look promising.
    3. OBU - Ditto ^
    5. SAU - Hard to justify losing to a depleted HSU squad with so much on the line.

OBU could be considered in the driver’s seat now, due to the fact that Tech has to play HU, who is absolutely rolling. Still, very possible OBU could fall these last two weeks with SAU/HSU on the schedule. Tech obviously still in a great spot as well.

Harding needs to beat Tech and have OBU lose one more to get a share of the title.

If SAU doesn’t beat OBU this weekend, everything will come down to the final week. It’s been a wild year, so that only seems fitting.

Not sure a 3-loss GAC Champ will get into the playoffs, maybe Armo can help me out with that. I guess a lot depends on what happens in the GLIAC and MIAA. I do think Central Missouri losing this weekend to UCO helps the GAC's chances.
    The UCM loss definitely helps the GAC. Grand Valley plays at Ashland this weekend, GAC should root for a GV loss. A 3-loss GAC team might be able to grab the 8 spot and get into the playoffs via Earned Access.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Power poll is irrelevant right now.
    Only poll that counts this time of year is the one below!
    Last weeks eagerly waiting on new one today!!

1. Northwest Missouri 8-0
    2. Indianapolis 8-0
    3. Fort Hays 8-0
    4. Ashland 7-1
    5. Ferris State 6-1
    6. Central Missouri 6-2
    7. Grand Valley 6-2
    8. Ouachita Baptist 6-2
    9. Arkansas Tech 6-2
    10. Tiffin 5-3
    That's cold, Fred. I actually said good things about y'all today too! (Don't get used to it...)

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    ...Not sure a 3-loss GAC Champ will get into the playoffs, maybe Armo can help me out with that. I guess a lot depends on what happens in the GLIAC and MIAA. I do think Central Missouri losing this weekend to UCO helps the GAC's chances.
    Yes, it's possible with the way things went this past weekend in the wider SR3. However, I think the most likely scenarios are either OBU in or no playoff rep from the GAC.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
    The UCM loss definitely helps the GAC. Grand Valley plays at Ashland this weekend, GAC should root for a GV loss. A 3-loss GAC team might be able to grab the 8 spot and get into the playoffs via Earned Access.
    Actually, the GAC should be rooting for Grand Valley to lose the next two weeks (Ashland and Tiffin) to ensure they get a shot at the 8th spot. We'll have to wait on the RR data to see if there is a chance a GLVC team could grab a second spot if 3-loss teams are in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Yes, it's possible with the way things went this past weekend in the wider SR3. However, I think the most likely scenarios are either OBU in or no playoff rep from the GAC.

Actually, the GAC should be rooting for Grand Valley to lose the next two weeks (Ashland and Tiffin) to ensure they get a shot at the 8th spot. We'll have to wait on the RR data to see if there is a chance a GLVC team could grab a second spot if 3-loss teams are in the mix.
    I just don't see GVSU losing to Tiffin, I also believe the RR committee would put a 3-loss GAC team over a second team from the GLVC with 3-losses. IF GV, OBU and ATU all lose one game, the RR will be interesting
    Teams with 0-2 losses
    UIndy
    Hays
    Ashland
    NW
    Ferris
    3 loss teams (Battling for 2 spots)
    GV
    OBU
    ATU
    Harding
    McKendree
    Central Missouri

Not necessarily in that order, but I think the GAC gets a team in no matter what.

Today's Regional Rankings should look something like this:

1) Indianapolis
    2) Fort Hays
    3) Ashland
    4) Ferris
    5) Northwest Missouri
    6) Grand Valley
    7) Ouachita
    8) Arkansas Tech
    9) GLVC/MIAA
    10) GLVC/MIAA/GAC

I would not be surprised to see Northwest Missouri occupy #3 spot with Ashland and Ferris staying in the #4 & #5 spots from last week.

I just don't see GVSU losing to Tiffin, I also believe the RR committee would put a 3-loss GAC team over a second team from the GLVC with 3-losses. IF GV, OBU and ATU all lose one game, the RR will be interesting
    Teams with 0-2 losses
    UIndy
    Hays
    Ashland
    NW
    Ferris
    3 loss teams (Battling for 2 spots)
    GV
    OBU
    ATU
    Harding
    McKendree
    Central Missouri

Not necessarily in that order, but I think the GAC gets a team in no matter what.
    I hear what you are saying and it makes sense to a degree. The only issue I have with it is the fact that the committee has shown a tendency to disregard GAC teams in the past--until they show me otherwise I can't buy wholly into the idea that the committee will put in a GAC team with 3 losses.

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense to a degree. The only issue I have with it is the fact that the committee has shown a tendency to disregard GAC teams in the past--until they show me otherwise I can't buy wholly into the idea that the committee will put in a GAC team with 3 losses.
    Wasn't that the case with seeding and/or a second GAC team getting into the playoffs? Also as poorly as the committee sees the GAC, the GLVC is a weaker conference. I understand the pessimism though.

Today's Regional Rankings should look something like this:

1) Indianapolis
    2) Fort Hays
    3) Ashland
    4) Ferris
    5) Northwest Missouri
    6) Grand Valley
    7) Ouachita
    8) Arkansas Tech
    9) GLVC/MIAA
    10) GLVC/MIAA/GAC

I would not be surprised to see Northwest Missouri occupy #3 spot with Ashland and Ferris staying in the #4 & #5 spots from last week.
    New RR
    1. Fort Hays (9-0)
    2. Indianapolis (9-0)
    3. Ashland (8-1)
    4. Ferris State (7-1)
    5. NW Missouri (8-1)
    6. Grand Valley State (7-2)
    7. Ouachita Baptist (7-2)
    8. Arkansas Tech (7-2)
    9. Central Missouri (6-3)
    10. Harding (6-3)

Wasn't that the case with seeding and/or a second GAC team getting into the playoffs?
    Not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to a particular year?

Also as poorly as the committee sees the GAC, the GLVC is a weaker conference. I understand the pessimism though.
    Don't disagree given what I have seen of the GLVC. But, I'm not sure the committee sees much difference between the GAC and the GLVC. We will definitely find out with today's rankings.

Edit: Of course the RRs come out as I'm typing a response.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 10-30-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Rankings are out..

1. Ft. Hays
    2. Indy
    3. Ashland
    4. Ferris St
    5. NW Missouri
    6. Grand Valley
    7. OBU
    8. AR Tech
    9. Central Missouri
    10. Harding

13. Default Re: GAC Power Rankings Week 9

[QUOTE=ReddieMade;2118777]1. HU - Rolling right along. Need some help, but things look promising.
    3. OBU - Ditto ^

The wheels have fallen off, after the Tech game the excuse was no Maurice Wright. He returned against SNU and even the "waterboy" couldn't help slow down what is a much lesser running offense than Techs. We just aren't a very good team and are headed in the wrong direction. Lucky for us we play your 11 and 12 rated teams the last 2 weeks.