Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's what's nuts

Contribute to D2

Default Here's what's nuts

As tough a year as it's been for HSU, if the Reddies get past ECU last week, they'd be right there to win the GAC. Winning out plus an HU win over Tech would have given HSU a share of the title.

Obviously, woulda coulda shoulda, a lot of teams can play that game this year. But man, if that's not an illustration for how crazy 2017 has been, I don't know what is.

Either way, very pleased with today's result. Best win of the year by far. Happy for our seniors to go out like that. SAU had much more talent but got out-coached and couldn't match the Reddies effort level all afternoon. That's a good sign that the program is going to be fine once we get the horses back.

I hate to be doing OBU all these favors, but I'll now be pulling for HU to come all the way back to win this thing. If the Reddies can just keep the road streak alive the next two weeks, that's 7-4 in a rebuilding year with wins over HU, SAU and OBU. Not bad.

Default Re: Here's what's nuts

Ehh... that's not true. If we win out, you guys don't have a share. 4 losses will still be more than 3.

Edit... I misread. You good.

However, I'm counting on SAU or HSU or preferably both to go head and pop OBU.

OBU split next 2, SAU wins out, Harding wins out, Tech splits. We have a 4 way tie with teams mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And nobody goes to playoffs

That's a BIG if. Because we ain't planning on splitting.

You would be correct. Going to be wild down the stretch.

Harding could possibly be the reason we win conference out right. Divisiontwo that would be karma for your butt lol

This year really is just nuts. Hoping my Tigers can go ahead and win out, but it's all gonna be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    That's a BIG if. Because we ain't planning on splitting.
    I guess you could be right stating "we ain't planning on splitting". You could lose both.

Harding could possibly be the reason we win conference out right. Divisiontwo that would be karma for your butt lol
    Worry about winning these next two weeks. We'll handle our business.

Here is what else is nuts. Pathos picked both OKBU and SNU to win. AND......ReddieMade did not pick HSU in his picks. Shame, Shame, everybody knows your name.

OBU split next 2, SAU wins out, Harding wins out, Tech splits. We have a 4 way tie with teams mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    In the scenario you laid out, that is correct.

However, the Texarkana Bowl bid will likely go to SAU due to best head-to-head record & holding the tie break of direct head-to-head over HU. Here's the head-to-head breakdown between SAU, HU, OBU and ATU in the scenario you laid out:

SAU wins: HU, OBU
    SAU losses: ATU

HU wins: OBU, ATU
    HU losses: SAU

OBU wins: ATU
    OBU losses: HU, SAU

ATU wins: SAU
    ATU losses: OBU, HU

Frankly, that is a lot of speculation given there are two games left and given how this season has gone to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Redready View Post
    Here is what else is nuts. Pathos picked both OKBU and SNU to win. AND......ReddieMade did not pick HSU in his picks. Shame, Shame, everybody knows your name.
    I know man, I feel terrible about it now, but I try to keep it real and after losing to ECU I wasn't sure it was gonna happen. Happy to be wrong. I got 4/6 this week even so in Pick Em so I should be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    I know man, I feel terrible about it now, but I try to keep it real and after losing to ECU I wasn't sure it was gonna happen. Happy to be wrong. I got 4/6 this week even so in Pick Em so I should be alright.
    To quote the wisest man I know "HSU has to show up and be HSU at some point."

It's all good. I just always believe coach Maxfield will figure out how to utilize the talent he has, and bring a good game plan against the opponents. I am also hoping that the players that are being activated for play in place of the suspended players, will have a great attitude for themselves and the school. See you at the BOTR.

Go Reddies!!

Beat UAM and OBU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    This was your comment and you were right. It always helps that we might get a little hep in our game. You guys just keep taking care of your business as you stated too.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Props, you called it. To give myself props too, I've been beating the "HU might come back and win this thing" drum for a month now and that looks like it's got a pretty good shot at happening with two weeks left.

Props, you called it. To give myself props too, I've been beating the "HU might come back and win this thing" drum for a month now and that looks like it's got a pretty good shot at happening with two weeks left.
    No kidding. I didn't think there was any chance. But a pretty good shot.

Seems appropriate to post standings in this thread.

Arkansas Tech 7-2
    Ouachita Baptist 7-2
    Harding 6-3
    Southeastern Oklahoma State 6-3
    Southern Arkansas 6-3
    Arkansas-Monticello 5-4
    Henderson State 5-4
    Southern Nazarene 4-5
    Northwestern Oklahoma State 3-6
    East Central 2-7
    Southwestern Oklahoma State 2-7
    Oklahoma Baptist 1-8
    =========

Some thought the championship game would be this week but it may have already been played in week 5. Southeastern was the last undefeated and is now facing a 4-game losing streak.

I want Tech to win out, obviously, and will be rooting for either a Mulerider or Reddie win against Ouachita for a Tech outright title. It would be our first since 1999 after a thrilling game against SAU that I still remember like it was yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast