Thread: ATU @ East Central

Contribute to D2

Default ATU @ East Central

What are peoples thoughts on ATU? I have not seen them live or on live stream, so I'm not really sure what to expect. They have a loss against a SLIGHTLY down OBU and UAM. Do the Tigers have a chance? We have been improving the last 3 weeks and stole a good win against a struggling HSU on their homecoming. It is ECU's homecoming so I see us having some momentum coming into this one. Also, the last time ATU was in Ada they were top 25 and we won.

I will be in attendance due to it being our Homecoming. Go Tigers!

Default Re: ATU @ East Central

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on ATU? I have not seen them live or on live stream, so I'm not really sure what to expect. They have a loss against a SLIGHTLY down OBU and UAM. Do the Tigers have a chance? We have been improving the last 3 weeks and stole a good win against a struggling HSU on their homecoming. It is ECU's homecoming so I see us having some momentum coming into this one. Also, the last time ATU was in Ada they were top 25 and we won.

I will be in attendance due to it being our Homecoming. Go Tigers!
    The way this conference is this year, anybody has a chance! Lol. Hell, HSU could get their first win at home against SAU if they wanted to.. lol.. But seriously, I'm routing for you guys, Lots of upset watch going on this week!! I still think for my sanity, I'll pick the Wonderboys in pickem this week, but give em a good fight will you, just don't get blown out by 50!!

I honestly would be surprised if it is a 50 point blow out (not saying it hasn't or can't happen this year for the Tigers), but with the improvements we've made on defense the last couple weeks and the improvement of the new QB, I see us really competing this game. Honestly, I just hope we get enough momentum to beat the team in Durant, OK week 11.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    I honestly would be surprised if it is a 50 point blow out (not saying it hasn't or can't happen this year for the Tigers), but with the improvements we've made on defense the last couple weeks and the improvement of the new QB, I see us really competing this game. Honestly, I just hope we get enough momentum to beat the team in Durant, OK week 11.
    Well, it looks like the team in Durant, OK is going the wrong way!! They should really be 4-4 going into week 9! (Shouldve lost to both SW & NW before losing to HSU & getting blown out by my Riders!!)

I think ECU can be competitive in this game, especially if they play the way they have the past two weeks. ATU has looked off since the OBU game. Yes, I know the Wonder Boys won their last two games. However, SWOSU had a late surge. The reason it failed was the Bulldogs had been inconsistent in offensive execution throughout the game and had dug too big a hole. As for NWOSU, yes ATU handed out a drubbing in the form of 66-10. But, after watching that game it seemed that NWOSU was still hung over from the beat down HU had handed out the week before--that was not the NWOSU team we saw the first six weeks of the season.

Having said all of that, I think this really boils down to which teams show up. If the ECU team that played competitively against SAU and beat HSU shows up they have a chance. If the team from the first few weeks shows up, then ATU is going to roll.

On the other side of the field if the ATU team from the first four weeks shows up then the Wonder Boys will dominate. If the ATU team from the OBU and UAM games shows up, then ECU has a good chance of pulling the upset.

My thoughts exactly, thanks for the input!