Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regional rankings???

Default Regional rankings???

With only 3 weeks left in the regular season does anybody know when the first regional ranks msg come out??

Default Re: Regional rankings???

What time of day typically do the regional rankings come out!

From what I recall, between 3:00-5:00ET

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    From what I recall, between 3:00-5:00ET
    Let the anticipation build...

I think as for 1st week, if, and that's a big IF, the GAC gets 2 teams in the rankings, it will be ATU & OBU. SAU has a bad loss to NWOSU & SE has lost 2 straight so the chances of either making it in the 1st week is slim to none in my opinion right now. but I'm not on the committee. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    I think as for 1st week, if, and that's a big IF, the GAC gets 2 teams in the rankings, it will be ATU & OBU. SAU has a bad loss to NWOSU & SE has lost 2 straight so the chances of either making it in the 1st week is slim to none in my opinion right now. but I'm not on the committee. lol
    If you look at the wider region then the GAC will have 3 in the regional rankings. Both the MIAA and GLIAC have 3 teams with 2 or less losses and the GLVC has only 1 team with less than 2 losses. That's 7 and there are 10 spots.

I suspect the GAC teams will be occupying spots 8-10. As for which GAC team will be the odd man out, most likely SE because they've played the weakest schedule to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Pretty much how I thought it would go, However, a 5-3 Tiffin team gets in over a 6-2 SAU team, again, going back to the NWOSU game hurts us!! Armo, is there anyway that a 9-2 SAU team gets in with winning out and Tech losing, meaning SAU is the outright GAC champ??

Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Pretty much how I thought it would go, However, a 5-3 Tiffin team gets in over a 6-2 SAU team, again, going back to the NWOSU game hurts us!! Armo, is there anyway that a 9-2 SAU team gets in with winning out and Tech losing, meaning SAU is the outright GAC champ??
    If SAU wins out and ATU loses, the Muleriders should get in.

Won't all GAC teams end with an SOS of .500? In the current scenario, OBU needs to win our and then get earned access. Looks like GV will end up with a higher SOS because of UIndy.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Won't all GAC teams end with an SOS of .500? In the current scenario, OBU needs to win our and then get earned access. Looks like GV will end up with a higher SOS because of UIndy.
    GAC 500 SOS yes.

Was the GV consideration with the expectation they win out? Still higher sos though

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Funny you ask. Yes all GAC teams will end with an SOS of .500. OBU and SAU play one another next week. Assuming they both win this week, their game next week will have a huge impact on a potential GAC rep because OBU owns the head-to-head with ATU, but ATU owns the head-to-head with SAU. All three currently have two losses.

Regarding GV: they still have to play Ashland--I believe that game is also next week. If Ashland beats GV, GV is out. If GV beats Ashland, I think Ashland likely drops to the 7th spot.

As long as the GAC has a 2-loss team, they are either going to occupy the 7th spot outright or get in via EA--I think a 2-loss GAC team will at a minimum occupy the 8th spot. That's why I said if SAU wins out and ATU loses, SAU should get in. Granted, you know as well as anybody these committees sometimes do funny things.
    Last edited by Armo Wood; 10-23-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Funny you ask. Yes all GAC teams will end with an SOS of .500. OBU and SAU play one another next week. Assuming they both win this week, their game next week will have a huge impact on a potential GAC rep because OBU owns the head-to-head with ATU, but ATU owns the head-to-head with SAU. All three currently have two losses.

Regarding GV: they still have to play Ashland--I believe that game is also next week. If Ashland beats GV, GV is out. If GV beats Ashland, I think Ashland likely drops to the 7th spot.

As long as the GAC has a 2-loss team, they are either going to occupy the 7th spot outright or get in via EA--I think a 2-loss GAC team will at a minimum occupy the 8th spot. That's why I said if SAU wins out and ATU loses, SAU should get in. Granted, you know as well as anybody these committees sometimes do funny things.
    Yes, like CWU's 2008 seeding and missing out in 2010!

Good grief... I wish somehow OBU could slide in and get absolutely dismantled by NWMSU. That would be fun to witness. Whoever from GAC gets in, I think will get beat soundly

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Good grief... I wish somehow OBU could slide in and get absolutely dismantled by NWMSU. That would be fun to witness. Whoever from GAC gets in, I think will get beat soundly
    If these rankings hold with NWMSU at #1 and UIndy at #2, the GAC team would go to UIndy not NWMSU.

If these rankings hold with NWMSU at #1 and UIndy at #2, the GAC team would go to UIndy not NWMSU.
    Which is why I had some wishful thinking going.

We all know 3 losses won't get you in so Harding is already dismantled.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    We all know 3 losses won't get you in so Harding is already dismantled.
    It won't. You're right. But we do have a traveling trophy in our field house. Same place we prepare that Friday night offense.

Another thing we all know is that if OBU gets into the playoffs, they'll get beat worse than they ever have before.

It won't. You're right. But we do have a traveling trophy in our field house. Same place we prepare that Friday night offense.

Another thing we all know is that if OBU gets into the playoffs, they'll get beat worse than they ever have before.
    Would rather take a beat down in playoffs than sitting at home stroking the traveling trophy's brass ego.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast