Thread: GAC Power Rankings Week 7

Contribute to D2

Default GAC Power Rankings Week 7

This was a hard week to rank, in what has been a really hard season to nail down anything for certain. I'm not sure there's any team that truly deserves to be No. 1 right now. But someone is gonna win this league in month or so, so I'm gonna try.

Keep in mind these are Power Rankings, meaning, who I think is the best team right now at this moment. Not necessarily who has the absolute best chance of winning the league at this moment. That being said...

1. HU - 4 straight wins. Crushed a good NWOSU team in Alva. There's no one playing better right now. That SNU loss may end up costing them the title.
    2. SAU - Still believe this team has the highest ceiling of anyone in the GAC when they play their best.
    3. Tech - Solid on both sides of the ball. Games against HU and SOSU will determine their fate.
    4. OBU - Three big tests left vs. UAM, SAU and HSU, still very much in the title conversation.
    5. SOSU - Losing to HSU really hurts them, as the rest of their schedule is brutal.
    6. UAM - Playing very well and have a dynamic offense. Could climb higher in the coming weeks.
    7. HSU - Huge win over unbeaten SOSU to get the wheels back on track heading into homecoming.
    8. SNU - Continued to show strides made in tight loss to OBU.
    9. NWOSU - Ran head-first into a steamroller this week. First lopsided loss of the year.
    10. SWOSU - Having a hard time putting it together despite having some talent on their team.
    11. ECU - Get a chance to ruin homecoming this week for a team that doesn't play well at home (HSU).
    12. OKBU- Tough year in Shawnee.

Like I said, a lot of this can obviously be disputed, but that's how I see it. If I had to rank teams in order of chances to win the conference, based on schedule I'd say:

1. Tech (3 of 4 games left are at home)
    2. OBU
    3. SAU
    4. SOSU
    5. HU

If Tech beats HU last game of the year, I think they'll win it. I just don't see SOSU running the table to win the league at this point. I imagine they'll drop a couple more. I'm guessing a two-loss team probably wins the GAC this year.

I really think HU may win out and finish 8-3, so they'd need a lot to happen around them, but crazier things have happened. Plus two of their 3 losses have come to teams that aren't really in the hunt, which will actually help them come tie-breaker scenarios should everyone end up with 3 losses.

SAU has a couple tough games left, but they are talented enough to beat both Arkadelphia schools and SOSU.

HSU and UAM are kind of in the same boat as HU with three losses, but I think either of those schools winning out is a tall task.

Default Re: GAC Power Rankings Week 7

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    This was a hard week to rank, in what has been a really hard season to nail down anything for certain. I'm not sure there's any team that truly deserves to be No. 1 right now. But someone is gonna win this league in month or so, so I'm gonna try.

Keep in mind these are Power Rankings, meaning, who I think is the best team right now at this moment. Not necessarily who has the absolute best chance of winning the league at this moment. That being said...

1. HU - 4 straight wins. Crushed a good NWOSU team in Alva. There's no one playing better right now. That SNU loss may end up costing them the title.
    2. SAU - Still believe this team has the highest ceiling of anyone in the GAC when they play their best.
    3. Tech - Solid on both sides of the ball. Games against HU and SOSU will determine their fate.
    4. OBU - Three big tests left vs. UAM, SAU and HSU, still very much in the title conversation.
    5. SOSU - Losing to HSU really hurts them, as the rest of their schedule is brutal.
    6. UAM - Playing very well and have a dynamic offense. Could climb higher in the coming weeks.
    7. HSU - Huge win over unbeaten SOSU to get the wheels back on track heading into homecoming.
    8. SNU - Continued to show strides made in tight loss to OBU.
    9. NWOSU - Ran head-first into a steamroller this week. First lopsided loss of the year.
    10. SWOSU - Having a hard time putting it together despite having some talent on their team.
    11. ECU - Get a chance to ruin homecoming this week for a team that doesn't play well at home (HSU).
    12. OKBU- Tough year in Shawnee.

Like I said, a lot of this can obviously be disputed, but that's how I see it. If I had to rank teams in order of chances to win the conference, based on schedule I'd say:

1. Tech (3 of 4 games left are at home)
    2. OBU
    3. SAU
    4. SOSU
    5. HU

If Tech beats HU last game of the year, I think they'll win it. I just don't see SOSU running the table to win the league at this point. I imagine they'll drop a couple more. I'm guessing a two-loss team probably wins the GAC this year.

I really think HU may win out and finish 8-3, so they'd need a lot to happen around them, but crazier things have happened. Plus two of their 3 losses have come to teams that aren't really in the hunt, which will actually help them come tie-breaker scenarios should everyone end up with 3 losses.

SAU has a couple tough games left, but they are talented enough to beat both Arkadelphia schools and SOSU.

HSU and UAM are kind of in the same boat as HU with three losses, but I think either of those schools winning out is a tall task.
    Well done. I don't have anything to dispute. Just wish we had just a few plays over again this year. Think we're the best team in the conference, but I haven't seen Tech or SEOSU yet. I could be wrong. This is some pretty good insight. Great addition to the board, you've been. Don't disappear like a lot of other one hit wonders we see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Well done. I don't have anything to dispute. Just wish we had just a few plays over again this year. Think we're the best team in the conference, but I haven't seen Tech or SEOSU yet. I could be wrong. This is some pretty good insight. Great addition to the board, you've been. Don't disappear like a lot of other one hit wonders we see here.
    Appreciate that. I've enjoyed it and don't plan on going anywhere. I just hope y'all are ready to talk some basketball on a football message board here in month or so!

I have watched live games this year and saw these teams play:

Harding - From the 2nd half of the Battle of the Buffalo, this team is finding itself.
    Henderson - Unpredictable
    Northwestern Oklahoma
    Ouachita - Unpredictable
    Monticello - Has a few talented players and can be dangerous.
    Oklahoma Baptist
    Arkansas Tech - Looking to find their way back. Can still be dangerous.

I still haven't seen SAU play a live game. They have a big game this weekend. Probably see them the 1st time in Arkadelphia.

Appreciate that. I've enjoyed it and don't plan on going anywhere. I just hope y'all are ready to talk some basketball on a football message board here in month or so!
    Ha. Won't get much basketball talk outta me. HU normally pretty solid in basketball, but not my cup of tea.

This has been the one thing ECU has really competed at a high level the last few years, so I have really gotten into it. Coach Havens is doing a hell of a job in Ada.

Glad you're on the board and enjoy reading your post!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    This has been the one thing ECU has really competed at a high level the last few years, so I have really gotten into it. Coach Havens is doing a hell of a job in Ada.

Glad you're on the board and enjoy reading your post!
    Havens is a great coach. There's been a ton of talent in Ada the last few years. Appreciate the kind words, glad to be here!