Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Region 4 Predications?

Default Super Region 4 Predications?

Stolen from the General Discussion. Does anyone have thoughts about predictions for the SR4 ranking at this point?

SUPER REGION FOUR

GNAC
    1. Central Washington (6-0, 4-0)
    2. Humboldt State (4-1, 3-1)
    3. Azusa Pacific (4-2, 2-2)
    4. Western Oregon (2-4, 1-3)
    5. Simon Fraser (0-6, 0-4)

===============================

Lone Star
    1. Midwestern State (4-0, 3-0)
    2. Eastern New Mexico (5-1, 4-1)
    3. Tarleton State (4-2, 3-1)
    4. Texas A&M-Commerce (4-1, 2-1)
    5. Angelo State (3-2, 1-2)
    6. Texas-Permian Basin (1-5, 1-3)
    6. Texas A&M-Kingsville (2-4, 1-3)
    6. West Texas A&M (2-4, 1-3)
    6. Western New Mexico (1-5, 1-3)

NSIC

North Division
    1. Bemidji State (4-2, 2-0)
    1. Minnesota-Duluth (4-2, 2-0)
    1. Northern State (3-3, 2-0)
    4. Minot State (1-5, 1-1)
    4. St. Cloud State (4-2, 1-1)
    6. Mary (0-6, 0-2)
    6. Minnesota-Crookston (0-6, 0-2)
    6. Minnesota State-Moorhead (2-4, 0-2)

South Division
    1. Minnesota State-Mankato (6-0, 2-0)
    1. Wayne State (NE) (4-2, 2-0)
    1. Winona State (6-0, 2-0)
    4. Sioux Falls (5-1, 1-1)
    4. Upper Iowa (4-2, 1-1)
    6. Augustana (2-4, 0-2)
    6. Concordia-St. Paul (1-5, 0-2)
    6. Southwest Minnesota State (2-4, 0-2)

RMAC
    1. Colorado State-Pueblo (5-1, 5-0)
    2. Colorado Mesa (5-1, 5-1)
    3. Chadron State (3-3, 3-2)
    3. Colorado School of Mines (3-3, 3-2)
    3. Dixie State (3-3, 3-2)
    6. Adams State (3-3, 3-3)
    6. Black Hills State (3-3, 3-3)
    8. South Dakota School of Mines (3-3, 2-3)
    9. Fort Lewis (2-4, 2-4)
    10. New Mexico Highlands (2-4, 1-4)
    11. Western State (0-6, 0-6)

2. Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

Interesting.....http://ibb.co/eELhGG

Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

Again here is the link to my first crack.

4. Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Again here is the link to my first crack.

I saw this in the general discussion. Great job! SR4 is interesting and good to see Mesa in there still.

Sorry, Matt pointed something out that made me second look my formula. I like this one a little better.

As a Pueblo homer I would like to see Minnesota State-Mankato, Midwestern State, and Central Washington lose at least one game....

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    As a Pueblo homer I would like to see Minnesota State-Mankato, Midwestern State, and Central Washington lose at least one game....
    Me too eyore, but for different reasons!

Does anyone know if Midwestern can qualify for playoff selections with just nine games? I found this, and maybe someone more familiar with NCAA rules can tell us why it applies or doesn't apply to MSU?

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...s_20170912.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Does anyone know if Midwestern can qualify for playoff selections with just nine games? I found this, and maybe someone more familiar with NCAA rules can tell us why it applies or doesn't apply to MSU?

Yes, MSU will qualify for the playoffs. The will have to submit a request for a waiver, which will be granted because the reason they do not have 10 games is that a game was canceled due to a natural disaster.

10. Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

Yes, MSU will qualify for the playoffs. The will have to submit a request for a waiver, which will be granted because the reason they do not have 10 games is that a game was canceled due to a natural disaster.
    Thanks. Hope they get that waiver!

11. Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

Winona @ Mankato on Oct 28 looking like a must-watch. They should start flexing the national showcase games earlier in the season. This would make a better matchup than S. Ark/Henderson

12. Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

Winona @ Mankato on Oct 28 looking like a must-watch. They should start flexing the national showcase games earlier in the season. This would make a better matchup than S. Ark/Henderson
    I think you're right about this.

Azusa Pacific and CWU also have a game that day in Eburg. It is to be televised on ESPN3.

The precedent for such a waiver was essentially set last season, when North Alabama saw it's scheduled game at Florida Tech cancelled due to a hurricane, reducing UNA's schedule to nine games. Same circumstances would seem to apply here with Midwestern State due to their cancelled game at West Florida.

I originally posted this reply to threads in the GNAC and NSIC forum; sharing it here for those who may have missed it.

Here are the likely playoff contenders from each of the four conferences in SR4 (which, for the purpose of my reply, will be all teams with two or fewer losses at this stage of the season):

GNAC

Central Washington (7-0): Face a tough OOC test in Ellensburg against North Alabama, who is still a formidable opponent despite having a down season (they're also in their final season in D2 as they will start their transition to FCS next season); close out the season at Humboldt State
    Humboldt State (5-1): Should be relatively smooth sailing for the Jacks, as they host Western Oregon before back to back bye weeks, um, I mean road games against Simon Fraser (0-6) and Western State (0-7) before the ultimate showdown in Arcata to close out the season.

LSC

Midwestern State (5-0): Leading the LSC, but having their road game at West Florida cancelled due to a hurricane could hurt them even if they win out; I'd expect they'll receive a waiver from the NCAA over the minimum number of games required due to that cancelled contest as North Alabama did last season. That said, the Mustangs are home against West Texas A&M, at UT-Permian Basin and home vs. Tarleton before closing out the season with a road game at Eastern New Mexico, which could decide the LSC title.
    Eastern New Mexico (6-1): Lone loss to TAMU-Commerce; have an open date this week, then host TAMU-Kingsville before an out-of-conference road game at West Liberty (MEC) before their season finale vs. Midwestern.
    TAMU-Commerce (5-1): Lone loss to Midwestern State; should have a relatively easy schedule to finish out the season: Angelo State (H), WTAMU (A), UTPB (H) and Tarleton (A).

NSIC

Minnesota State-Mankato and Winona State (both at 7-0): These two teams are headed for a big showdown in two weeks in Mankato, with the winner likely earning the inside track for the NSIC South
    Sioux Falls (6-1): Lost to Winona a couple weeks ago; still have a season-ending showdown at home against Mankato, which could determine their playoff fate
    Bemidji State, Minnesota-Duluth and St. Cloud State (each at 5-2): Duluth def. St. Cloud 34-21 on Sept. 28, and will play Bemidji State on Oct. 26; Bemidji travels to St. Cloud State on Nov. 4. Still a longshot for a two-loss team from the NSIC North to get in, but a lot of things have to fall into place for one of those three teams to get a shot at the NCAA playoffs

RMAC

Colorado Mesa (6-1): Lone loss to CSU-Pueblo; only one home game in their last four (Oct. 28 vs. New Mexico Highlands) as they also travel to Adams State (Oct. 21), South Dakota Mines (Nov. 4) and Azusa Pacific (Nov. 11)
    CSU-Pueblo (5-2): Losses to West Texas A&M and Fort Lewis could damage the Thunderwolves playoff hopes; Pueblo's final four games: Black Hills State (Home, Oct. 21), Western State (Home, Oct. 28), at Dixie State (Nov. 4) and at Chadron State (Nov. 11)
    Last edited by ctrabs74; 10-15-2017 at 02:21 PM.

16. Default Re: Super Region 4 Predications?

CSU Pueblo needs to hope that Mesa loses a conference game or at the very least the OOC game with Asuza Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    CSU Pueblo needs to hope that Mesa loses a conference game or at the very least the OOC game with Asuza Pacific.
    Even still a 2 loss rmac team may need earned access.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Even still a 2 loss rmac team may need earned access.
    What about a 2 loss GNAC/NSIC team

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    What about a 2 loss GNAC/NSIC team
    Neither conference will use it, the GNAC can't because their conference is five teams and the NSIC will have a team ranked in the top seven.

Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    Neither conference will use it, the GNAC can't because their conference is five teams and the NSIC will have a team ranked in the top seven.
    I feel the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast