Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: UNA vs. Shorter

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,332
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    50222

    Default UNA vs. Shorter

    UNA offense sucks...not a little...I mean sucks like an Electrolux. Defense and Special teams are really really good. Can the offense figure anything out this weekend? Do we crack 200 yards of offense? 300 yards of offense? ok may be pushing it there...Can we continue to play inspired defense? Will we have to play inspired defense or just play average? Does Shorter have their best game of the year? Does Shorter get their signature win? Does UNA finally get some players back from IR? I hope so....going to need them on the field for sure in Washington.

    I will never forget the Shorter team coming by and giving Lee Mayhall encouragement while on the stretcher. What class and true sportsmanship should look like on the field. I will never forget that moment....or the megaphone fan....DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD....breathe...DDDDDDDDD

    Roar Lions and keep it classy Shorter Hawks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    50222

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    I expect the excitement to continue to build for this game and possibly get one........maybe two more posts on or about the game? Probably got more posts about the game now than we will have passing TD's on Saturday. Everyone is doing a great job of keeping their emotions in check.....and to themselves so far....but come....uh.....well once....I am likely the last post here until Saturday. Look out .500 here we come!

    Roar Lions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florence Alabama
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    45319

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by lions96 View Post
    i expect the excitement to continue to build for this game and possibly get one........maybe two more posts on or about the game? Probably got more posts about the game now than we will have passing td's on saturday. Everyone is doing a great job of keeping their emotions in check.....and to themselves so far....but come....uh.....well once....i am likely the last post here until saturday. Look out .500 here we come!

    Roar lions!
    roar lions!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    79622

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Lions96 View Post
    I expect the excitement to continue to build for this game and possibly get one........maybe two more posts on or about the game? Probably got more posts about the game now than we will have passing TD's on Saturday. Everyone is doing a great job of keeping their emotions in check.....and to themselves so far....but come....uh.....well once....I am likely the last post here until Saturday. Look out .500 here we come!

    Roar Lions!
    Just curious
    How far above the water is the deck of the ship?
    Just wondering how far the rats had to jump.

    I'm more surprised about the fair weather Lion Fans (your school has given you YEARS of great football, championship runs and wins.. an off year and many jump ship! SHAME)
    than I am about the implosion at VSU.

    I will add this however. Both UNA and VSU seem to be in off years. But have you noticed, they only blame themselves, and only attack their individual teams? , unlike........

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florence Alabama
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    45319

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Just curious
    How far above the water is the deck of the ship?
    Just wondering how far the rats had to jump.

    I'm more surprised about the fair weather Lion Fans (your school has given you YEARS of great football, championship runs and wins.. an off year and many jump ship! SHAME)
    than I am about the implosion at VSU.

    I will add this however. Both UNA and VSU seem to be in off years. But have you noticed, they only blame themselves, and only attack their individual teams? , unlike........
    I think in a subdued way,96 was being sarcastic. I was thinking he ment this is a boring game that nobody is excited about, and with respect to Shorter, rightfully so. I just hope we are able to figure some things out and avoid more injuries.

    As for your last part, only you (or in this case) your team can dictate what happens, blaming others for things you can change is loser mentality.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Drunk UWG Camera Operator
    Posts
    1,055
    Rep Power
    70143

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    I will add this however. Both UNA and VSU seem to be in off years. But have you noticed, they only blame themselves, and only attack their individual teams? , unlike........

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,125
    Rep Power
    45540

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post

    I will add this however. Both UNA and VSU seem to be in off years. But have you noticed, they only blame themselves, and only attack their individual teams? , unlike........
    We all know they're silently screaming "Thanks Obama!"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    79622

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    I think in a subdued way,96 was being sarcastic. I was thinking he ment this is a boring game that nobody is excited about, and with respect to Shorter, rightfully so. I just hope we are able to figure some things out and avoid more injuries.

    As for your last part, only you (or in this case) your team can dictate what happens, blaming others for things you can change is loser mentality.
    Thanks. I used a lot of words, but you stated my point perfectly.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    34,216
    Rep Power
    128949

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Just curious
    How far above the water is the deck of the ship?
    Just wondering how far the rats had to jump.

    I'm more surprised about the fair weather Lion Fans (your school has given you YEARS of great football, championship runs and wins.. an off year and many jump ship! SHAME)
    than I am about the implosion at VSU.

    I will add this however. Both UNA and VSU seem to be in off years. But have you noticed, they only blame themselves, and only attack their individual teams? , unlike........
    What do you mean??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,125
    Rep Power
    45540

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    He means UWG fans blame acid rain, Trump, astrology, NCAA conspiracies, aliens rather than ourselves.

  11. #11

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    He means UWG fans blame acid rain, Trump, astrology, NCAA conspiracies, aliens rather than ourselves.
    What’s wrong with that? You forgot the refs, heat, cold, lightning, long bus rides, 2:00 games, Nike, and when other teams play their games. I know I missed a few.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florence Alabama
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    45319

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    What’s wrong with that? You forgot the refs, heat, cold, lightning, long bus rides, 2:00 games, Nike, and when other teams play their games. I know I missed a few.
    We did blame the snow once.........

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, MS
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    22408

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    We did blame the snow once.........
    Ouch....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Drunk UWG Camera Operator
    Posts
    1,055
    Rep Power
    70143

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    We did blame the snow once.........

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    50222

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Hint of sarcasm...looking at Shorter record....by the way the most consistent team in the GSC. I am holding out out hope offense finds an identity. If so we may slide into playoffs? Have to win out. 2 conference losses may be good enough to make it? Still way too early for all that...lots of improvement on offensive side of the ball must happen. Last week we didn’t turn it over and won. Didn’t move it, just didn’t put the defense in bad position again. Shorter may be just what the doctor ordered? Or they may be the dagger?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    5,700
    Rep Power
    18835

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Just curious
    How far above the water is the deck of the ship?
    Just wondering how far the rats had to jump.

    I'm more surprised about the fair weather Lion Fans (your school has given you YEARS of great football, championship runs and wins.. an off year and many jump ship! SHAME)
    than I am about the implosion at VSU.

    I will add this however. Both UNA and VSU seem to be in off years. But have you noticed, they only blame themselves, and only attack their individual teams? , unlike........
    I'm still here. I was here during the hyde years as well.

    Nothing wrong with changing expectations. A .500 season would be an accomplishment considering the offensive coaching staff and the injuries we have dealt with.

  17. Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    We must keep perspective here. Attendance has been off the last couple of years at UNA but still 7 to 8 thousand per game. Out of that number maybe 30 know this site exists. Less than 8 post on a regular basis. We are far from being the example of how the thousands feel about the season.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florence Alabama
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    45319

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by High plains drifter View Post
    We must keep perspective here. Attendance has been off the last couple of years at UNA but still 7 to 8 thousand per game. Out of that number maybe 30 know this site exists. Less than 8 post on a regular basis. We are far from being the example of how the thousands feel about the season.
    I agree, the numbers are down mainly because of the construction, they have declined over the years slower because of our opponents (or lack there of) it's one thing winning games against traditional rivals, it's another blowing out schools nobody care about, and never will.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    79622

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    I agree, the numbers are down mainly because of the construction, they have declined over the years slower because of our opponents (or lack there of) it's one thing winning games against traditional rivals, it's another blowing out schools nobody care about, and never will.
    Everything ebbs and flows. It won't be too long until you guys are rising in a whole new world and creating great crowd worthy rivals.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florence Alabama
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    45319

    Default Re: UNA vs. Shorter

    Is there any video coverage of the game?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •