Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77

Thread: Battle of the Undefeated

  1. #1

    Default Battle of the Undefeated

    Bowie State travels to Virginia State for the biggest showdown of the season so far. One with Division, Region and playoff implications I think Bowie will win in a close one. Virginia State's defense is good but they have yet to see an offense as high powered as Bowie (#1 in the country). Bowie put up the best numbers in the country while sitting staters in the 4th quarter for 5 of 6 games. Vstate offense is the probably the most 2 dimensional its been in a while but they still heavily rely on the running game to get them going. Bowie's defense is much improved from last year and I think will do a much better job of slowing down Vstate's running game than last year.

    Bowie-37
    Vstate-31

  2. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    I concur with your sentiments except I have the Bulldogs winning by 10+. No one in the country can shut down that offense. If they take away the pass we will run effectively. Our specials teams play has also been outstanding. I think Virginia State is the second best team in the conference and this would be a great championship match, unfortunately for them, they are in the same division as the dawgs. I predict huge games by the usual suspects of Hall, Chesson, Britton, and Sesay. The starters will play the whole game for maybe the second time this season and the huge numbers they Bulldogs put up will reflect that. Score- BSU 48- VSU 28

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    5124

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    I concur with your sentiments except I have the Bulldogs winning by 10+. No one in the country can shut down that offense. If they take away the pass we will run effectively. Our specials teams play has also been outstanding. I think Virginia State is the second best team in the conference and this would be a great championship match, unfortunately for them, they are in the same division as the dawgs. I predict huge games by the usual suspects of Hall, Chesson, Britton, and Sesay. The starters will play the whole game for maybe the second time this season and the huge numbers they Bulldogs put up will reflect that. Score- BSU 48- VSU 28
    Your offense only put up 273 yards (less then 100 passing) and 24 points on our D. Everyone else you all have played has had a losing record and your offense has balled out accordingly.

    I think this one will be close and I think both teams O's will have some struggles due to the other teams D's. I also think the difference maker will be defensive scores or special teams mistakes. If VSU hasn't found a kicker then that could spell their downfall because their kicking game was ugly when we played them.

    I'd be surprised if either team scores over 30 in this game, unless it goes to OT. Reason I say that is because VSU scored 27 on us in regulation and your O scored 24 on us.

  4. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalRam View Post
    Your offense only put up 273 yards (less then 100 passing) and 24 points on our D. Everyone else you all have played has had a losing record and your offense has balled out accordingly.

    I think this one will be close and I think both teams O's will have some struggles due to the other teams D's. I also think the difference maker will be defensive scores or special teams mistakes. If VSU hasn't found a kicker then that could spell their downfall because their kicking game was ugly when we played them.

    I'd be surprised if either team scores over 30 in this game, unless it goes to OT. Reason I say that is because VSU scored 27 on us in regulation and your O scored 24 on us.
    I respect that. I also know that the two teams usually play each other close. However, I think the offense has evolved since we played Winston, and Hall not playing the whole 4th quarter had a lot to do with our final score versus Winston. BSU's kicker has been on point with the exception of the FSU game, if the game is close, he could definitely be the deciding factor. The atmosphere will be crazy, but I don't see the Trojan's defense stopping us. They will attempt to replicate Winston's gameplan vs BSU, but I'm very confident that OC Moses Ware has made his adjustments and will be thoroughly prepared for the speed of that Trojan defense. They will definitely score over 30.

  5. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    I know I don't post here often.....but GO BULLDOGS!!!

  6. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    I'm just glad the game will be on TV (Aspire). Props to all those who are going to homecoming but because of parking I don't believe it's worth going to the game.

    GO TROJANS!

  7. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
    I'm just glad the game will be on TV (Aspire). Props to all those who are going to homecoming but because of parking I don't believe it's worth going to the game.

    GO TROJANS!
    What's the parking situation? Been there before last year and it wasn't so bad.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    What's the parking situation? Been there before last year and it wasn't so bad.
    Parking is not bad at all. With the addition of the MPC parking lot, there is plenty parking considering the crowds. Get there early and you won't have to worry about sitting in the long line of cars trying to get on campus.

  9. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    I'd just like to commend Coach Damon Wilson and his staff at Bowie State.....We've got Bulldog fans talkin ish.....glad yall have something to cheer about these days. Look forward to the big game on the lofty hill of VSU. As for the game, The BSU offense is a great one. Key for VSU will be to get pressure and hits on Hall and he will fold. Cannon will grind out over 100 yards. VSU in a close one this weekend

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    5124

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    I respect that. I also know that the two teams usually play each other close. However, I think the offense has evolved since we played Winston, and Hall not playing the whole 4th quarter had a lot to do with our final score versus Winston. BSU's kicker has been on point with the exception of the FSU game, if the game is close, he could definitely be the deciding factor. The atmosphere will be crazy, but I don't see the Trojan's defense stopping us. They will attempt to replicate Winston's gameplan vs BSU, but I'm very confident that OC Moses Ware has made his adjustments and will be thoroughly prepared for the speed of that Trojan defense. They will definitely score over 30.
    Check the stat line, Hall played during each series when you all had the ball in the 4th Q.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    I concur with your sentiments except I have the Bulldogs winning by 10+. No one in the country can shut down that offense. If they take away the pass we will run effectively. Our specials teams play has also been outstanding. I think Virginia State is the second best team in the conference and this would be a great championship match, unfortunately for them, they are in the same division as the dawgs. I predict huge games by the usual suspects of Hall, Chesson, Britton, and Sesay. The starters will play the whole game for maybe the second time this season and the huge numbers they Bulldogs put up will reflect that. Score- BSU 48- VSU 28
    If things go a certain way you might get the chance to meet Northwest Missouri State here in KC. No offense to your offense (like that?) I have not seen them play. But year in and year out Northwest has an incredible defense that has shut down all comers.

    Grand Valley has a chance to derail Northwest in the playoffs. Northwest is still struggling on offense.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    I'm taking Bowie by 14.

    I think they will take advantage of your secondary which is vulnerable. You D line is good but they will use the pass to set up the run. Their D is much better than in the past so I think your running game will suffer as a result.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    616
    Rep Power
    412

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    If things go a certain way you might get the chance to meet Northwest Missouri State here in KC. No offense to your offense (like that?) I have not seen them play. But year in and year out Northwest has an incredible defense that has shut down all comers.

    Grand Valley has a chance to derail Northwest in the playoffs. Northwest is still struggling on offense.
    Dude, dont pay him any mind. I shook my head at his comment "No one in the country can shut down that offense".
    This what you expect from fans from a team who is not used to having alot of success.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    I respect that. I also know that the two teams usually play each other close. However, I think the offense has evolved since we played Winston, and Hall not playing the whole 4th quarter had a lot to do with our final score versus Winston. BSU's kicker has been on point with the exception of the FSU game, if the game is close, he could definitely be the deciding factor. The atmosphere will be crazy, but I don't see the Trojan's defense stopping us. They will attempt to replicate Winston's gameplan vs BSU, but I'm very confident that OC Moses Ware has made his adjustments and will be thoroughly prepared for the speed of that Trojan defense. They will definitely score over 30.
    Hall played the 4th quarter at WSSU. He just didn't do anything.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  15. #15

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by willicor View Post
    Hall played the 4th quarter at WSSU. He just didn't do anything.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That's true because I was there. He played the entire game.

  16. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Nobody can stop Bowie's offense? I'm a Bowie fan, but we may need to ease up on that kind of talk for now. Let's not forget the CIAA is in SR2 now, with the Gulf South Conference. Arguably the best conference in all D2 football. The region champ usually comes out of the GSC. The D2 national championship often features a GSC member. Not saying Bowie (or any CIAA playoff team) can't beat the top GSC teams, but it would be unwise to take them lightly.

    First things, first. Gotta beat Virginia State on Saturday.

  17. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    I stand by my no one in the nation can stop our offense comment.However, right now we are in the CIAA and only focused on Virginia State. All that talk about other conferences doesnt matter unless we take care of business in the CIAA first! We are led up front by 5 seniors offensive lineman, running the ball is not a problem. Please stop saying bowie fans coming out the woodwork, I've been on this site like 8 years and every year I rep my team. We are traditionally a winning program, however the big game has eluded us. This year, that changes.. Do not sleep on that defense either, it's top 5 nationally for a reason. The Bulldogs are balanced, they have a good offense, defense, and special teams. This team is very reminisant of that Winston Salem team that went very deep into the playoffs a few years ago..
    Last edited by BSURover31; 10-10-2017 at 08:22 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    I stand by my no one in the nation can stop our offense comment.However, right now we are in the CIAA and only focused on Virginia State. All that talk about other conferences doesnt matter unless we take care of business in the CIAA first! We are led up front by 5 seniors offensive lineman, running the ball is not a problem. Please stop saying bowie fans coming out the woodwork, I've been on this site like 8 years and every year I rep my team. We are traditionally a winning program, however the big game has eluded us. This year, that changes.. Do not sleep on that defense either, it's top 5 nationally for a reason. The Bulldogs are balanced, they have a good offense, defense, and special teams. This team is very reminisant of that Winston Salem team that went very deep into the playoffs a few years ago..
    Has Bowie State played against any defenses that are average or above??.....The "no one can stop our offense" comment seems crazy if your team has not played against a quality defense.....

  19. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Winston's defense was quality and despite the revisionist history by ram fans, the game wasn't close. We changed our offensive philosophy and did most of our damage on the ground. Chowan was supposed to have a great pass defense, that was before playing us. Look, we play the schedule we are dealt and have convincingly won every game. So since you don't consider Winston's defense quality, I guess BSU will have to take your respect this week, by punishing a nationally ranked Trojan defense. Don't know why it's so hard to give credit when its due, Hall could throw for 600 a game and BSU could score 70 a game if they played their starters the whole game. Statement Saturday is getting closer and closer. I have a feeling Coach Wilson won't be "calling off the dogs" this week, because we consider Va. State our rivals.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    5124

    Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

    Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    Winston's defense was quality and despite the revisionist history by ram fans, the game wasn't close. We changed our offensive philosophy and did most of our damage on the ground. Chowan was supposed to have a great pass defense, that was before playing us. Look, we play the schedule we are dealt and have convincingly won every game. So since you don't consider Winston's defense quality, I guess BSU will have to take your respect this week, by punishing a nationally ranked Trojan defense. Don't know why it's so hard to give credit when its due, Hall could throw for 600 a game and BSU could score 70 a game if they played their starters the whole game. Statement Saturday is getting closer and closer. I have a feeling Coach Wilson won't be "calling off the dogs" this week, because we consider Va. State our rivals.
    Game ended up the way it did not because of your O, but because your D shut our O down. I'm not taking anything away from you guys because you have a good team; however, no matter how you want to slice it 273 yards and 24 points is not a sign of the unstoppable offense that you claim Bowie has. I mean ya'lls great QB only went 11-24 for 94 yards and was sacked 3 times. You act like you guys purposely decided to be a run team that game, but maybe you had to go with the run because we shut your pass game down.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •