Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Undefeated

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Wow, uhm welcome to D2. before NW there was Grand Valley, Carson Newman, North Alabama, Valdosta and Pitt State. I'm not sure why you would shake your head at that comment. NW is our arch rival and all I did was give them props. Learn your history, make an argument based on stats and feel free to get back with me. Until then, good luck getting out of your region.
    SMH....dude I wasnt talking about your team. I was agreeing with you on BSURover31 crazy comment on "No one can stop their Offense"
    He (bsurover31) is too caught up with his emotions. I was referring to his team (BOWIE) isn't used to having alot of success.
    So you will have a few fans like (bsurover31) that would make comments like this when their team finally get some attention.
    Are we on the same page now?
    Geeesh lol
    Relax.

2. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Ramatron View Post
    SMH....dude I wasnt talking about your team. I was agreeing with you on BSURover31 crazy comment on "No one can stop their Offense"
    He (bsurover31) is too caught up with his emotions. I was referring to his team (BOWIE) isn't used to having alot of success.
    So you will have a few fans like (bsurover31) that would make comments like this when their team finally get some attention.
    Geeesh lol
    Relax.
    Sigh, you can say I'm caught up in emotions all you want. Stats speak in my favor. I've seen every BSU game this year, therefore I'm very encouraged by what I have seen on both sides of the ball. There is still room for improvement, but they are hitting on all cylinders already. We are doing what good teams do, we dominate whoever lines up in front of us. Winston was ranked 19th when we played them. We dominated them. It wasn't through the air like we normally do, but we still controlled the whole game. There isn't one non-Winston fan on this forum who actually watched the game that will say the game was close. Ok, you guys say our schedule is week, I say we rectified every loss we took in 2016. We play who is on the schedule. After this week, all the chatter will cease, and ya'll will show the Bulldogs more respect! FYI, I'm glad to see I brought a little life back to the forum. Haven't had any good debates since Willcor and I met at the 2015 Championship and squashed our chat rivalry..lol

Geeesh lol
    Relax.
    Yea Gr8ness cleared it up. my bad. As far as relaxing that is hard when Pitt State is having yet another bad year!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSURover31 View Post
    I hear you. Just make sure when we are undefeated and playing a home game in the playoffs, you support us just like every CIAA team supported Winston when they had a special team, making a playoff run. Last year was the first time we went to the playoffs since 1988. It was humbling yet a plethora of experience was gained. This year's team is special. If it stays free of significant injuries(knock on wood), it legitimately has a chance to go deep into a playoffs in a traditionally strong region.
    Y'all went to the playoffs last year?.....Oh, I did not know.....are you sure?
    Who did y'all play in the playoffs last year?

If I remember correctly, did y'all go to the playoffs in 2015 with the illegal QB?

5. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by vaallday View Post
    Y'all went to the playoffs last year?.....Oh, I did not know.....are you sure?
    Who did y'all play in the playoffs last year?

If I remember correctly, did y'all go to the playoffs in 2015 with the illegal QB?
    I misspoke. In 2015 which quarterback did ya'll lose too though? When Nyeme took over at QB, nothing changed. In fact, in his debut, he beat Va. State. He came in and won 4 straight games to get us to the ship, as a freshman. Question, what does that have to do with the 2017 Bulldogs? I stand by my comments, BSU will win convincingly. Make sure you come back to talk after ya'll catch this L

I misspoke. In 2015 which quarterback did ya'll lose too though? When Nyeme took over at QB, nothing changed. In fact, in his debut, he beat Va. State. He came in and won 4 straight games to get us to the ship, as a freshman. Question, what does that have to do with the 2017 Bulldogs? I stand by my comments, BSU will win convincingly. Make sure you come back to talk after ya'll catch this L

lmao!!....I guess we lost to Nyeme in 2015

As far as the 2017 Bulldogs, I dont think this has anything to do with anything. I was saying the same thing, thats why I asked the question.....YOU said something about the playoffs(last year or 2015?), not me. So let me ask you what does this have to do with the 2017 Bulldogs?

All I have done is gave a prediction of 41-31 with VSU winning, I haven't claimed the Trojans are the next best thing since sliced bread. I do not think the Trojans are unstoppable by any means.....so if we win on Saturday I will surely come back on this board and talk, just like if we lose this Saturday, I will talk!!! Truth is I am just sitting back responding to your comments about HOW GREAT Bowie State is in 2017. Maybe they are that great, but for the unstoppable comments, just makes sense to me to have played someone first.

7. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Concussions/CTE are no joke..lol My memory gets fuzzy sometimes. I was confusing 2015 with 2016. I was at most games both years, so on the playoffs comment I misspoke. There is no way in hell Virginia State is winning a shootout with BSU. If ya'll had the number 1 offense in the nation, you would be confident about it as well. You keep saying we didn't play anyone. We DOMINATED a ranked Winston that you barely beat in OT. FYI Clemson's offense was unstoppable when they lost to Alabama 2 years ago. Alabama's offense was unstoppable when they lost to Clemson last year. There are plenty of games where teams with high octane offenses lose in shootouts. What makes BSU different is that there defense is very stout as well. You make it seam like I said they are the best CIAA team ever..lol All I said was that offense is unstoppable, and it is. If we lose this season, it will be a high scoring affair. No one is going to come in and completely shut us down.

Clash of the Titans

http://theciaa.com/sports/fball/2017...20171012endcae
    Last edited by BSURover31; 10-13-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Good article!!!! This article was written by Nyema??
    Is that the same Nyema that we were just talking about?

CTE isn't a joke..lol My memory gets fuzzy sometimes. I was confusing 2015 with 2016. I was at most games both years, so on the playoffs comment I misspoke. There is no way in hell Virginia State is winning a shootout with BSU. If ya'll had the number 1 offense in the nation, you would be confident about it as well. You keep saying we didn't play anyone. We DOMINATED a ranked Winston that you barely beat in OT. FYI Clemson's offense was unstoppable when they lost to Alabama 2 years ago. Alabama's offense was unstoppable when they lost to Clemson last year. There are plenty of games where teams with high octane offenses lose in shootouts. What makes BSU different is that there defense is very stout as well. You make it seam like I said they are the best CIAA team ever..lol All I said was that offense is unstoppable, and it is. If we lose this season, it will be a high scoring affair. No one is going to come in and completely shut us down.

Clash of the Titans

http://theciaa.com/sports/fball/2017...20171012endcae

Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Yea Gr8ness cleared it up. my bad. As far as relaxing that is hard when Pitt State is having yet another bad year!!
    Really? What happened? Did you guys lose yall coach?

11. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by vaallday View Post
    Yes, he is now a quarterback coach on the staff and also writes for several HBCU football sites. Didn't even realize he wrote this one lol. Quite the coincidence!

I get utter enjoyment out of reading these posts about how "good" BSU, VSU, and any other CIAA school is until the playoffs. The reality is the conferences ability to compete with other top programs in other leagues. Each year in the CIAA only one maybe two, sometimes three teams stand out. The rest are playing catch up. I don't have the answer on how to get better players to attend the CIAA schools but when we do get another CIAA school to make a run like 2012 WSSU that would be great. Saturday will solve one game, with three left. For the winner I would not sleep on VUU or Chowan. I do believe thatBowie has been so close that they are due some sort of success. VSU stands in their way with a strong team as well. Shall be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by callen2525 View Post
    I get utter enjoyment out of reading these posts about how "good" BSU, VSU, and any other CIAA school is until the playoffs. The reality is the conferences ability to compete with other top programs in other leagues. Each year in the CIAA only one maybe two, sometimes three teams stand out. The rest are playing catch up. I don't have the answer on how to get better players to attend the CIAA schools but when we do get another CIAA school to make a run like 2012 WSSU that would be great. Saturday will solve one game, with three left. For the winner I would not sleep on VUU or Chowan. I do believe thatBowie has been so close that they are due some sort of success. VSU stands in their way with a strong team as well. Shall be a good game.
    I knew it!!!! Callen is predicting a TROJANS victory!!!! lol
    You said in your post that the winner of this game should not sleep on VUU or Chowan.....SOOOO you must be talking about the VA State Trojans!!! (Because Bowie St has already played Chowan)

14. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

One more day! Bob Eblem believes in the dawgs, as he should. Glad to see this get National Game of the Week and also to hear Amir Hall acknowledged as one of top Harlon Hill candidates.

Eblem's opinion

Bowie State (6-0) at Virginia State (5-0)

These have clearly been the top two teams in the CIAA this season. However, since they both play in the conference’s North Division, the loser of the game is most likely out of the running to reach the conference title game. These two teams both play great defense, but I think the difference will be BSU quarterback Amir Hall, who is having the best season of any signal caller in D2. Hall has already accounted for 30 total touchdowns and has a pass efficiency rating of 201. Bowie State 35 Virginia State 24"

Now he is low on how many points we will score, but he is correct that we will win by 10+..lol

Really? What happened? Did you guys lose yall coach?
    Not yet but he will be gone after the end of the season. If we get blown out tomorrow on homecoming he might get an early start on his next job search. Our coach now is our former OC. Been on the staff forever, and a head coach for 8 or so years now. Fantastic offensive mind, good person, not a good head coach. We haven't developed our talent properly in the last 6 years. In addition the rest of the MIAA has improved their facilities so recruiting battles are not as easily won.

16. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by kjb0615 View Post
    Parking is not bad at all. With the addition of the MPC parking lot, there is plenty parking considering the crowds. Get there early and you won't have to worry about sitting in the long line of cars trying to get on campus.
    You said it all. Get there early.

Quote Originally Posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
    You said it all. Get there early.
    Do you all think you will draw a big crowd? Last two times VSU hosted Bowie for HC (2013 and 2015) you didn't crack 8K. Think the numbers will be bigger this year?

18. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by LegalRam View Post
    Do you all think you will draw a big crowd? Last two times VSU hosted Bowie for HC (2013 and 2015) you didn't crack 8K. Think the numbers will be bigger this year?
    I can't speak for Virginia State, but because of the short distance, BSU is coming deep.

I can't speak for Virginia State, but because of the short distance, BSU is coming deep.
    That's good, this game deserves a big crowd.

20. Default Re: Battle of the Undefeated

Is the game being streamed online anywhere? I know expectations should be lowered when it comes to D2 athletics, but the CIAA needs a better TV partner than Aspire. I literally don't know anybody that gets the Aspire Network on their cable/streaming service.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast