Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP @ Butler County

Contribute to D2

Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

He was also a freshman.

2. Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Wide Receiver- Johnson & Raye
    If they are better than, Pegues (though banged up), McNeil, Wright, Brown, Gause, Hughes, and Wuestner (also banged up) I can't wait to watch them play.

3. Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    How did Lenny Williams end up playing D2 ball. Wow.
    Temple wanted to move him to wide receiver. The rest is history.

4. Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

Quote Originally Posted by IUP2016 View Post
    You are right SRU 88. It was DB. Don't know why I thought it was WR. Despite battling for the No. 2 QB job during spring practices, he was moved to defensive back.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    If they are better than, Pegues (though banged up), McNeil, Wright, Brown, Gause, Hughes, and Wuestner (also banged up) I can't wait to watch them play.
    look at their stats; not just this year but last.

If Bullock does not play, I would move Allen to RB. I think he is bigger playmaker than Pegues.

6. Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

Quote Originally Posted by IUP2016 View Post
    And then Kellar also wouldnt allow him to play as a Qb

Kellar may be unemployed soon.

Wide Receiver- Johnson & Raye
    Disagree on this too. IUP has several outstanding receivers. Wright and Pegues (although still coming back from injury) are as good as Johnson and Raye, then after that IUP has Wuestner, Gaus, Brown, McNeil, and Hughes. If there's a more loaded team at WR in DII, I'd like to see it. If IUP only had two receivers, they'd have gaudy numbers. As it is, pick your poison. Every one of these guys starts for every single team in the PSAC.

Does anybody remember 2 years ago???; everybody seems to blame the kicker/ and or holder for the loss, but let's remember even though Williams put up some big numbers; he also was responsible for 3 turnovers.
    When someone starts a post with, "Remember the game 2 years ago..." it's really grasping for anything that will stick. Remember the game last year? Oh, that's right, it was all of the injuries. None of it matters on Saturday. None of it. Two completely different teams from last year, and this year. We'll see which is better by the end of the day on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by PSAChomer01 View Post
    And then Kellar also wouldnt allow him to play as a Qb
    This guy! OMG!!

This could be just 'Round 1' ... you never know.

I've been around this series for around 30 years as I think my first IUP/Rock game I was in 4th or 5th grade. Some awfully strange crap has happened in these games. The best team doesn't always win this game -- that's worked both ways many, many times.

The 1999 playoff win up there was my favorite game in the series. Jumping on the rock was spur of the moment. When they did it again the next year ... that was classless by IUP. Remember that story ... 4 or 5 IUP players got suspended. The Rock had the ROTC guarding the rock and the IUP players started a thing with them. Police involved. Rock players involved. The PSAC suspended the IUP players and then an Indiana judge gave an injunction to over-rule the suspension. I think Frank still held out a couple of them. Dr. Evil went nuts in the media. The good, old days.

Lesson learned: Jumping on a damn rock isn't worth being suspended over.

He went to Temple to play DB was about 6th on depth chart; wanted to play and had a relationship with Rod Rutherford former Pitt qb and that is how he ended at IUP.
    Thanks. IUP really got lucky.

Better? That's hard too say. But, Johnson and Raye are every bit as good as IUP's receiver, that's the impression I got watching the CAL game.

Wow, when was a Steeler QB arrested for rape? Typical lib, believe everything the media and some skank says .... unless it's about one of them ... Funny how that happens

Typical con, always believing the lies of their "leaders".

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    This could be just 'Round 1' ... you never know.

I've been around this series for around 30 years as I think my first IUP/Rock game I was in 4th or 5th grade. Some awfully strange crap has happened in these games. The best team doesn't always win this game -- that's worked both ways many, many times.

The 1999 playoff win up there was my favorite game in the series. Jumping on the rock was spur of the moment. When they did it again the next year ... that was classless by IUP. Remember that story ... 4 or 5 IUP players got suspended. The Rock had the ROTC guarding the rock and the IUP players started a thing with them. Police involved. Rock players involved. The PSAC suspended the IUP players and then an Indiana judge gave an injunction to over-rule the suspension. I think Frank still held out a couple of them. Dr. Evil went nuts in the media. The good, old days.

Lesson learned: Jumping on a damn rock isn't worth being suspended over.

And to think all of that crap stemmed from a stick up Dr. Evil's
    Ass over a fake punt during an IUP blowout. Sad.

16. Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    This guy! OMG!!
    What?

17. Default Re: IUP @ Butler County

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    This guy! OMG!!
    I'm pretty sure he wanted to come to Cal to play with his good friend on the team but Kellar would not let him play Qb. I know that probably hurts your ego that another coaches incompetence is the reason you have your best player

Homer has a serious man crush on Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by PSAChomer01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he wanted to come to Cal to play with his good friend on the team but Kellar would not let him play Qb. I know that probably hurts your ego that another coaches incompetence is the reason you have your best player
    I’m afraid you’re the one with the ego and apparently it’s still bruised like Kier’s backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is this game still being played on ESPN3? I don't see it listed yet (I do see the Bloom/WCU game)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast