Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    It's sad when you have a full house and only a few fans engaged in the game. Players feed off the fans. They are out there risking their health for the spirit of the university. If you are not gonna go hard as a fan then I would suggest one stay at home. It's so annoying when people are having conversations about diddly crap when they should be making the Cliff shake on 3rd and long.

    And unlike our radio voice Rex Nelson, I don't believe any of our kids are knuckleheads. They wear their passion on their sleeves and sometimes let it get the best of them. Rex needs to learn how to control his passion also as a public radio guy and not call someone's child a knucklehead that the dictionary clearly states is a stupid person.
    Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 10-09-2017 at 05:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    109070

    Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Well Said.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Man.. never heard anybody from OBU not bow down to Rex. Good on you for not just following suit. He can get a little carried away. Overall, I think he's good at his job and shows excitement for both teams on the air, but definitely can take it too far.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Man.. never heard anybody from OBU not bow down to Rex. Good on you for not just following suit. He can get a little carried away. Overall, I think he's good at his job and shows excitement for both teams on the air, but definitely can take it too far.
    Had to get that off my chest Divisiontwo. The fans needs to show more respect by getting involved during the game and Rex needs to do his job without all the name calling especially when it involves our own.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Had to get that off my chest Divisiontwo. The fans needs to show more respect by getting involved during the game and Rex needs to do his job without all the name calling especially when it involves our own.
    You would think as a major supporter of Ouachita, and the radio guy, you wouldn't "throw in the towel" like he has on some occasions. I mean come on, your team has rallied several times before, and is capable of rallying any given moment! So you can't hang your head, and be enthusiastic as you rush in for a TD, otherwise, people will hit the mute button! Show some true support!!

  6. Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    It's sad when you have a full house and only a few fans engaged in the game. Players feed off the fans. They are out there risking their health for the spirit of the university. If you are not gonna go hard as a fan then I would suggest one stay at home. It's so annoying when people are having conversations about diddly crap when they should be making the Cliff shake on 3rd and long.

    And unlike our radio voice Rex Nelson, I don't believe any of our kids are knuckleheads. They wear their passion on their sleeves and sometimes let it get the best of them. Rex needs to learn how to control his passion also as a public radio guy and not call someone's child a knucklehead that the dictionary clearly states is a stupid person.
    Rex Nelson is a joke. Worst radio guy I have ever heard in my life. As I am typing this all I can hear in my head is his annoying call of Ouachita TD's "..20, 10, 5, PROMISED LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOUCHDOWN OUACHITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I would rather drive 2.5 hours from Searcy to Arkadelphia than listen to him on the radio.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    2507

    Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by HUBisons1 View Post
    Rex Nelson is a joke. Worst radio guy I have ever heard in my life. As I am typing this all I can hear in my head is his annoying call of Ouachita TD's "..20, 10, 5, PROMISED LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOUCHDOWN OUACHITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I would rather drive 2.5 hours from Searcy to Arkadelphia than listen to him on the radio.
    After reading this and your response to me on the other thread, it's pretty clear you're a troll, which is annoying to people who are trying to have actual civilized discussion on here.

    I don't usually make a habit out of defending Ouachita, but this ^ is unnecessary.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Shady580
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    2818

    Default Re: Ouachita Fans / Rex Nelson

    Quote Originally Posted by HUBisons1 View Post
    Rex Nelson is a joke. Worst radio guy I have ever heard in my life. As I am typing this all I can hear in my head is his annoying call of Ouachita TD's "..20, 10, 5, PROMISED LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOUCHDOWN OUACHITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I would rather drive 2.5 hours from Searcy to Arkadelphia than listen to him on the radio.
    You either haven't listened to much football on the radio, or you're a troll. There are a lot of guys around much worse than him. I find him entertaining even when those Tigers are whooping up on my Tigers!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •